Author Topic: Ultimate Edition gripe (sorry)  (Read 5091 times)

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Ultimate Edition gripe (sorry)
on: December 17, 2017, 02:05:32 AM
As someone that was drawn to the game's look and characters I shelled out the 40$ for really a couple hours of content and waited anxiously for each new piece of content to release. Not only have I been a bit bummed that Founders dont unlock the additional new characters upon the purchase of the FP, but then this "Ultimate Edition" comes along and says "Hey, heres all the campaigns and about 40 dollars of skins too!" 
  Couldnt there be an option for someone who bought the FP to upgrade to Ultimate edition? The skins are nice but way overpriced individually. Sorry for ranting everyone. I do enjoy the game and want it to succeed but this doesnt sit well with me.
  Or maybe just lower the prices on the skins 5$ a pop is totally reasonable but 20$+ with no other way to earn them is a bit much.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:18:48 AM by XjabberwockieX »

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Re: Ultimate Edition gripe (sorry)
Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 05:40:13 AM
I support the "is there some way to upgrade from Founders' to Ultimate" discussion. It would be nice to give a bit more in funding to the devs for some skins, but I cannot justify some of the $30+ options as standalone.

Operator

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:12:33 PM
I would also like to see an upgrade to Ultimate from the Founder's pack. While I've personally already bought one of the skins (I wanted to support the game a little extra), if the option had been there I would have gladly thrown down for that. More over, if the price was less than the total of the skins I don't own, I'd probably buy the upgrade anyway; though I'm not inclined to get the remaining skins individually.

Stranno

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 11:25:20 PM
Skin pack as DLC is an option maybe?

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 06:37:52 AM
To be fair in the founders pack you get 3 characters, and in the ultimate edition you get 5 skins but not the characters. So, I don't see a point in an upgrade to ultimate edition from the founders pack; however, I think it would be a great idea to have a bundle set of these skins for about $25.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 06:55:06 PM
BloodNeko that is a fair point, I had not considered the fact that you dont get the Founders Pack characters in the "Ultimate Edition". Call me old school but i did assume that they would have been included in the UE because that usually represents a 'total package' deal.
  I am all about various skin pack bundles for a discount as well. I do enjoy the game and want to support it but I cant justify a skin for a game being as expensive as a AAA title.

TheTwoGunKid

• The Dude.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 10:42:02 PM
Just putting in my hat for the "upgrade from founders to ultimate" in some way shape or form

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 09:04:34 AM
My hat is in for skin bundles because it just makes sense but not as much as action figures because damnit why has this not happened already... Who works in merchandising?

HnyBear

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 05:45:56 AM
I'd also like to be able to either upgrade and also get the skins or just be able to get the skins. I bought the full game the day it came out and not receiving the skins in the ultimate edition kinda erks me.