Author Topic: the end...180K  (Read 21664 times)

BOILER 4K

• Dance music
    • View Profile
the end...180K
on: December 14, 2017, 11:26:45 PM
now i see the new character,Iune(maybe)and...im tired i just lost my time,my money,my patience...hope this game burn in the hell.
** **** ******** mercurysteam...delete the post i dont fucking care...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:51:30 PM by MSE_TENKA »

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Re: the end...180K
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:45:49 PM
Steam, this forums, and discord is full of people complaining about the new character's price. just get together, invite each other and you will get 5k gold + missions rewards.

In one evening with 10 invitations i did 100k playing.

Just try!

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:55:29 PM
The invitation system along with the resent Gold rate change, I personally have gained over 200k in less than 2 weeks. I also was grinding character and faction points as well.

Eliakin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 12:30:11 AM
I know you're angry, but cursing is going to hurt you, do as I did, negative the game in steam and do not recommend the game to any of your friends.

Honestly in the current situation of the game I will not invite any of my friends to just pass anger.

Dr.Kuzie

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 02:02:56 AM
In discord, months ago, they had some kind of poll where players could point out the issues in the game. First subject to improve was characters price. This happened in october 14. We had no response.

And about getting people by invitations... first you have to get them (playing the game by yourself and thats... sometimes is just "meh" , can't play properly, matchmaking is slow, high ping, crashes...), then you have to find people who is interested in the game... Not a lot of people wants to play this after seeing the prices, the rewards for playing or  after listenning to the antagonist feature. The often ask me "why there isn't a level up system where playing as one character gives you the weapon? Like in Hots!". I can't gave them a response, cause I actually ask myself that. 

Anyways...to get 180k gold you need to do a lot of grinding.

Not even relaxed grinding, cause you can't grind on solo.

Damn, this is just getting like Street Fighter 5 launch, but worse. 

Well, try to enjoy the game, the money is already spent.

P.D.: Iune is just the first one. Expect the 360 k gold one sooner.

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 02:44:25 AM
I'm really trying to push through the negative feedback on the cost of these characters, but it is disheartening to see how pricey they are. The absolute rush on Gold rewards is making it even more difficult to save up. :-/

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 10:39:35 AM
I have 70K at the moment and I don't even try to use invites and I mostly choose faction/character points as rewards. The only character I've bought with gold is Kuzmann and I don't plan to buy mercury points.
All of this has zero impact on my gameplay experience. I love Raiders of the broken planet - one of the best games of 2017 for me. Not having Ginebra, Mikah or Iune doesn't affect gameplay in any way for me. The point is - if I'll decide I can't live without any of these characters THEN I will start to actually grind for gold and get them.

MSE_Karen

• Community Manager with thick Spanish accent
  • MercurySteam
  • Cat whisperer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 11:20:28 AM
Hi BOILER 4K,

We understand your complaints but, as we specified in the rules of this forum, we accept constructive criticism but we can't tolerate insults. If you persist on this behaviour, we'll have to ban you permanently.

OohSooBig

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 02:33:13 PM
Here's one :
Character cost 180k
Average gold per match with antag and score of 7+ gets u about 2k , time spent about 30min
The math :
180000 ÷ 2000 × 30 = 2700 hours of grinding
About 112days of straight grinding with no food or water or bathroom break or spending gold on lore or guns etc..
I don't think free to play games do that why should u charge us for the game and then force us to pay extra for characters and cosmetics.
This is some EA level crap.
Make up your mind choose either free to play or a buy to play you can't have both.

I have been patient with this game i was one of the first to pick it up and support it even though everybody thought it was not worth it. But with this level of either greed or negligence towards the economy of the game and lack of appreciation to the player base time and effort ...
I give up

MSE_Amat

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 04:16:36 PM
We're closely monitoring those numbers, we have been tweaking them in the past and we will continue to do so. Also, our capacity to track the consequences of our economy changes is increasing steadily which allows us to tweak the numbers more aggressively as time goes on.

The release of the Wardog Fury campaign including new means of income and ways to spend as well as the changes in player behavior that new content brings demand that we stop and observe for a few more days.

However, average income is better than 2k per mission and time between missions is lower than 30 minutes as well. Play time in order to unlock Iune should definitely be much lower than the 2700 minutes OohSooBig came up with.

We will keep on expanding our searches and make sure we're not just focusing on the average player but on different kinds of players with varying behaviors as well.

Tyrs

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 06:29:20 PM
Well i just played a quick game to see how OohSooBig's numbers worked out.
Started searching for a game at 15.42 found game at 15.54. (after one game failed to start) Hanging by a thread, lag was pretty bad on my end. actually got disconnected (managed to reconnect tho). We lost the game at 14.11. Got a score of about 3 (rubbish i know).
Gold reward was 3578, 2 of us opted for gold so received  1789 for 29 minutes playing/searching for a game.
Your not going to win all your games.  So yes his numbers were not to off.  Far to much of a grind, sadly.

Treycol1

• HiYa raiders
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 07:37:53 PM
well paid for her, lol money usage isn't a problem if you plan it right

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 09:53:20 PM
We're closely monitoring those numbers, we have been tweaking them in the past and we will continue to do so. Also, our capacity to track the consequences of our economy changes is increasing steadily which allows us to tweak the numbers more aggressively as time goes on.

The release of the Wardog Fury campaign including new means of income and ways to spend as well as the changes in player behavior that new content brings demand that we stop and observe for a few more days.

Glad to hear from the devs. Thank you for responding, and we look forward to any adjustments!

OohSooBig

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 17, 2017, 10:38:35 AM
I am glade the dev noticed my post. Thank u.
Since they did I'm not gonna miss this chance, maybe there's still hope.

Actually the math i did was slightly generous. Because i haven't factored in the matchmaking time and i haven't added the games without antagonist and matches were you lose or disconnect and it was based of a mission which has the second highest gold reward. And not many mission are " high "on gold. There's only 2 the first mission of alien myth and i think the 3rd one on wardog fury.

This is the first time my post is replied to by a dev and my other posts are usually commended and liked by other members of the community. In which i suggest ways to improve the game.
Like not forcing players to play as antagonist for core game unlocks, while also suggesting different acceptable ways to do so.

Shiro

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 17, 2017, 02:47:27 PM
I just made 100K + of gold in one day, your argument is invalid, so are your maths ^^