Author Topic: 3rd Beta Weekend Impressions  (Read 2853 times)

Pranja

• View Profile
3rd Beta Weekend Impressions
on: June 25, 2017, 09:27:26 PM
Hello,

some notes after about 40 hours playtime (3 beta weekends).

-Hosting system is still pretty luck based, which is a huge problem in my opinion. Games with hosts that provide you a ping of 200 - 999 are not fun. There NEEDS to be improvement to the host choosing process or else this game is doomed to fail no matter how fun it is. It is pretty much the same since I am playing the beta and the most annoying part so far.

Now to the heroes:

-Konstantin feels pretty good (maybe a bit too good, he deals alot of damage, probably the most out of the playable roster)
-Alicias main mechanic is her flying ability, but it just does not feel rewarding to use it, except to run away faster. Maybe boost her damage from her shotgun while she is in the air? I feel those ability cards alone don't add enough to that mechanic.
-Harec feels good aswell, his ability is fun to use both offensively and as defense.
-Shae feels a bit weird, her gun needs too much time to lock on in my opinion. Her ability seems a bit weak too for PvE. But for PvP it is almost overpowered because it is very hard to locate her when you get mezmerized.
-Lycus, now THIS guy is freaking useless. His guns do absolutely NOTHING both for PvE and PvP. He is basically just a melee hero which is just a dead weight when you have to play the objective. Buff his pistol damage, and give him more magazine size. 
-Hans ability feels good so far for mobility purposes, you get around the map pretty fast and can also escape any threat with ease. He is  unplayable though when you get a host with high ping because of his gun mechanics which is all about predicting.

Loot:

This one feels weird to me. I am trying to farm the Smoking Daisy for Alicia for 3 weekends now, and I only have seen the weapon drop ONCE. I don't know if its a bug or intended, but the droprates are pretty bad.

On mission select the weapon colouring seems to be mismatched. Smoking Daisy is a golden weapon but on the screen it gets shown as a grey common one? I think its the same with the other weapons too on the other mission.

Maps:

Both maps feel great and are a good challenge to play with. The recent change to the beholder being faster now is great.

Sidenote:

I think alot of people would love to see the changes between betas getting posted in some patchnotes, so the testers can see what got changed and evaluate on it.

Thanks for reading and providing such a frequent beta. Keep up the great work! Lets try to make this game as good as possible! :)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:28:59 PM by Pranja »

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Re: 3rd Beta Weekend Impressions
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 10:38:48 PM
-Alicias main mechanic is her flying ability, but it just does not feel rewarding to use it, except to run away faster. Maybe boost her damage from her shotgun while she is in the air? I feel those ability cards alone don't add enough to that mechanic.
Disagreed, she's a great fighter, very fun, hyperactive playstyle. Just jump above enemies, empty your shotgun twice, then proceed to punch their teeth out. Rinse and repeat.

-Lycus, now THIS guy is freaking useless. His guns do absolutely NOTHING both for PvE and PvP. He is basically just a melee hero which is just a dead weight when you have to play the objective. Buff his pistol damage, and give him more magazine size. 
Spinning Coin is actually really good now, single target damage from close range can oneshot NPCs, which is great. I agree that his starting weapon is crap, 3 shots to kill an NPC from up close + reload time, are you kidding me? Spinning Coin holds 6 shots, and can kill 1 enemy per shot in vertical configuration.
It's a shame because the starter weapon looks really cool.

-Shae feels a bit weird, her gun needs too much time to lock on in my opinion. Her ability seems a bit weak too for PvE. But for PvP it is almost overpowered because it is very hard to locate her when you get mezmerized.
I had very similar thoughts, her gun is hard to use, but very powerful. At the same time I think she's supposed to be an assassin, mesmerising the NPCs, going behind them and executing them with melee? I'm not sure myself what her optimal playstyle is, or maybe it's just the map you can play her on isn't the best for her.

On mission select the weapon colouring seems to be mismatched. Smoking Daisy is a golden weapon but on the screen it gets shown as a grey common one? I think its the same with the other weapons too on the other mission.
Yes, it's not a big deal to me right now, but before I became familiar with the weapons, it was a bit confusing. What color is what and why, and on top of that why are they mismatched.

I think alot of people would love to see the changes between betas getting posted in some patchnotes, so the testers can see what got changed and evaluate on it.
Yes, this would be very welcome.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:57:44 PM by WYRDBOY »

Janegotagun

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 02:43:32 AM

Shae is a beast on PC. And I disagree on her weak in PVE. I can easily take out a bunch of trash mobs and the antagonist using bewitch. Melee I wait until they are beside me then attack.

I had very similar thoughts, her gun is hard to use, but very powerful. At the same time I think she's supposed to be an assassin, mesmerising the NPCs, going behind them and executing them with melee? I'm not sure myself what her optimal playstyle is, or maybe it's just the map you can play her on isn't the best for her.

This is misinformation. When they get close to you bye bye mesmerize. Distance is your friend on Shae.

Alicia is a PVE goddess. I clear out trash mobs so fast my group is using the AMMO icon.  Cards I am using; regen health, rare armor, ammo boost, and two cards that increase her duration wall jumping and her damage while wall jumping.

ElCidBR68

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 07:50:33 AM
I Play in the One version, and i had an experience similar to  Mr Pranja. I thought the character Alicia could suffer some optimization. I felt a tremendous lack of a real pause system, especially in singlepalyer mode. Especially considering that the phases are fairly long.

I must congratulate you on your excellent work so far, so keep it up. Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:52:23 AM by ElCidBR68 »