Author Topic: Opinion about characters  (Read 4483 times)

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Opinion about characters
on: June 11, 2017, 12:37:31 AM
I make a post to expose my opnion of the different characters so far.

Harec:
- Probably the best design, great synergy with the special skills.

Alicia:
- Her special skill is useless. Only two uses IMO:
  • Shot from the air. It is useless if you have a shotgun with a really short reach. And you are exposed to the enemies as you are not too high.
  • For mobility (I guess that is the objective of this skill as she uses a shotgun). It help a little with that.... but it's not enough. Maybe beacuase of the maps or maybe because it needs some changes, I don't know. Maybe it should be able toconcadenate more than one jump.

- Shotgun: More damage on close and medium distances. It make no sense to use that weapon when you can use the melee actions. Which are really OP.

- Always visible: I haven't played her as antagonist, but I played against an Alicia antagonist. The grab is too OP against players, so is too easy to ambush her from behind, like really easy. You always know where she is and where she goes. Being invisible and the ambushes are one of the greats things of this game IMO.

Lycus:
- I haven't used him too much tbh. My opinion about him would be a little unfair.

Konstantin:
- Special skill: It  is the only support skill in the game so far, I really like it. Great synergy with his weapon and slow mobility.

Hans:
- Special skill:
  • It doesn't fly, It levitates above covers. Again you are exposed. Lethal when playing agaisnt players (hi konstantin!)
  • Great mobility, but it would help if you could have more control about the height
- Weapon: IMO, it would need more bullets.

Shae:
- She really needs a tutorial about her special skill and shooting mechanic.
- The mark timer for her special skill seem a little too slow, as it get interrupted when the enemy goes undercover.
- The time for her weapon seem a little too slow. The diferences in damage and charge timers between Harec's weapon and her weapon are too much.

Overall:
- Weapons:
Most weapons that are not snipers or konstanin need more bullets before the reload IMO. You find a group of 3 minions and the best option is going melee if you are not konstantin.

I find that the characters more fun to play are kosntantin and Harec, casually the ones that have good weapons for their characters. With the other players I find myself looking for an opening for melee always. They need more balancing IMO.

- Special skill:
More tutorials, even a video would be nice to show how that skill work. Not a lot of people will read the description, and some description are not clear how their skills work. Shae is the most obvious.

- Sprint:
It's a little anti-intuitive how it works, I have played a lot of games and it is hard to get used to it. The maps are small on some missions, and you only want to run some small distances, but the sprint will never trigger. The game has a high pace and the sprint seem to work against that pace. Some times the sprint will trigger too late, it's really frustrating how it works. It would be nice that we can decide when to sprint.

- Evade:
You can do a "dash" and a roll from what I have seen. The roll it covers a small distance, it's only usefull on melee. A lot of times I would like to use the dash to reach covers faster and it does a slow roll, its frustrating some times. I am not sure that this two skill should have the same key, as the roll doesn't seem to help you in any way when someone is shoting you. If someone can correct me if I am missing something here, but their purposes look really different.

- Shoulder side:
I have seen that your character can change the side for the weapon when coming off from covers, but you don't have any control about what side do you want. Some times it comes from one side and I get exposed because it is the wrong side. It would be really nice to have a control about from what side you want to use the weapon.It's a mechanic that is really usefull in cover-shoters.

This it is only my opinion, I understand that some mechanics are design decision to force us to do use other tactics or playgame.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 12:39:45 AM by Ebisu_rkz »

JeedyJay

• View Profile
Re: Opinion about characters
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 01:43:45 AM
I disagree about Alicia's skill. Not only is it really fun to use, but it's great for bamboozling pursuers and melee attacks, to say nothing of the shortcuts it allows you to take. It's hard to select her in a game because there's always two or three people in a rush to pick her first.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 08:15:15 AM
I disagree about Alicia's skill. Not only is it really fun to use, but it's great for bamboozling pursuers and melee attacks, to say nothing of the shortcuts it allows you to take. It's hard to select her in a game because there's always two or three people in a rush to pick her first.

I don't have that experience so far. She has been of the last ones to get chosen in my games.

I find the skill fun, I always liked mobility skills, but I think that if you compare that skill against Konstantin or Harec it falls behind. I have used the skill more successful as a defense skill than an ofensive skill.

Maybe if I knew the maps better would be more useful, but I think that a buff to give her more mobility wouldn't hurt her neither it would hurt the balance.

She is a character that needs to be close to do something, and her only way to get closer is approaching by covers and a double jump that sometimes won't get her where you want. In some maps is more useful, but on another maps has little use.

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 11:55:10 AM
- Shoulder side:
I have seen that your character can change the side for the weapon when coming off from covers, but you don't have any control about what side do you want. Some times it comes from one side and I get exposed because it is the wrong side. It would be really nice to have a control about from what side you want to use the weapon.It's a mechanic that is really usefull in cover-shoters.
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean exactly, but I know you can change shoulder with TAB button if that's any help.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 05:33:52 PM
I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean exactly, but I know you can change shoulder with TAB button if that's any help.

Yes! thank you! that is what I meant, when I saw the controller setup I misunderstood that "move camera".

I really though that it was weird that the character could change sides but you couldn't do it manually.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 05:09:08 PM
Lycus:
- I haven't used him too much tbh. My opinion about him would be a little unfair.

I tried him mostly in solo plays. Not a lot of time this weekend. Not a lot of experience with him, so maybe I didn't use him correctly.

- Weapon. Weapon great damage in really close distance..... but IMO a little useless, when you are that close always will be better to use the melee actions, there is not enough mobility to use weapons of that distance effectively. A little of the same as Alicia, I felt that Alicia's weapon was in a better place, but both weapons need changes on their reach IMO.

In my runs with him where I succceeded the mission, I think that I killed like 80%-90% of the minions with melee actions. And I tried to use the weapon.

- Shield. Considering that it's an individual shield, maybe it's a little too short, your weapon is really close distance, so you have to be really close either to do melee actions nor shooting.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:28:15 PM by Ebisu_rkz »

Janegotagun

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 05:36:32 PM
Shae is an awesome addition to a match and she can be quite useful picking off shuttle dropped mobs. I usually hide somewhere where I have overlook and use her ability when the shuttle arrives. The ability will select all the attackers. Then I stand up and start picking them off.

Shae is a distance character and she is great for killing those engineers and assisting your group who are engaged in close combat. Don't try to take on enemies head on. With her low life she will go down quick.

My only gripe about her is:

Her gun seems to target at different speeds. Sometimes the red circle fills up quick, other times it seems take some time to acquire.  In a fast paced action game, Shae should be able to acquire her targets quicker.

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 06:08:19 PM
My only gripe about her is:

Her gun seems to target at different speeds. Sometimes the red circle fills up quick, other times it seems take some time to acquire.  In a fast paced action game, Shae should be able to acquire her targets quicker.
If you aim at the target with the crosshair it will fill up faster, maybe this is why you're noticing a difference sometimes?

Janegotagun

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 07:17:52 AM
If you aim at the target with the crosshair it will fill up faster, maybe this is why you're noticing a difference sometimes?

Thanks @Wyrdboy. I noticed it did fill faster while targeting directly. Improved my kill ratio!