Author Topic: Please tell us latency is some kind of priority  (Read 3032 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Please tell us latency is some kind of priority
on: April 06, 2018, 09:19:32 AM
CQC was unplayable, impossible to win in pvp without being able to counter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-W2fbGmYlM

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Please tell us latency is some kind of priority
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 01:35:42 PM
Hi LordDraco3!

We're continously working on improvements to the matchmaking system and, of course, quality of service is always on top of the list. Sorry if you had some bad experiences, but I can assure you we're working every day on improve that kind of stuff.

Thank you for the feedback!

HnyBear

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 04:39:16 AM
When this game came out the latency was horrible. Now that the game has been out for quite awhile the latency is STILL horrible. Please don't insult us. You're doing nothing about latency issues. I have a 1000/1000Mbps fiber connection and had a 174 ping to myself???? How is that even possible?!?!

If you want this game to succeed this is what it needs.
1. Dedicated Servers all over the world and Region locked so you don't have to play with insane latencies.

2. Ingame voice and text communication. Getting into matches with people that have NO CLUE as to what they are doing and getting everyone killed is not fun.

3. The ability to vote kick a player if they're becoming a problem. Seriously how could this game not have this option by now?

4. 60 second disconnect timer. If someone disconnects they should be removed after 60 seconds. Why do the rest of us have to suffer and lose rewards because someone rage quit or has an unreliable connection?

5. The ability for players to join games already in progress so if someone leaves you aren't down a player for the duration.

6. Much higher payout on gold. As most people typically are going after gold you usually, without a blueprint, have at least 3 people choosing gold as a reward and then you get almost nothing.

These are just the things I can think of off the top of my head that need desperate fixing. Most of them should have been implemented day 1 and the fact that nothing is being done to improve/add them shows that you only care about trying to make money off microtransactions. However since the game is so poorly advertised and the pricing is too high, very few people buy the game. Most of the friends I've told about this game watched the video on Steam and said it looked stupid but once they got in the game it looked completely different. If your trailer isn't making people want to play then they're not going to download the game.

Please please PLEASE start to listen to us. We've all been saying the same things since the game came out.

Sephirothadell

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 01:46:37 PM
As already mentioned, MS does not host servers to only 80 people who play as top limit of this game unless the audience increases to more than 700% and that is sooooo difficult now

HnyBear

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 07:42:43 PM
As already mentioned, MS does not host servers to only 80 people who play as top limit of this game unless the audience increases to more than 700% and that is sooooo difficult now

And this is part of the reason the game will flop. I don't see it lasting at present past the first 4 seasons of content. No one knows about this game and with horrible latency issues causing players to want to snap their keyboards in half when always losing in CQC this game will never flourish and it's a damn shame because the game is brilliant and so much fun to play.