Author Topic: Elite Toe Grabs  (Read 4275 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Elite Toe Grabs
on: March 19, 2018, 09:08:04 AM
Was unsure if bug or feedback, but the elites getting priority to smash your face in when they grab your TOE, even though you are also grabbing them, has got to stop!!! This happens so much and it's just one more annoyance with the melee mechanics  :-\ Raiders would NEVER have won this CQC if our positions were reversed, as soon as we hit the wall our grab would cease being a threat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaS9oY4N3wg
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 09:21:16 AM by LordDraco3 »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Elite Toe Grabs
Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 08:14:15 PM
I think their grab animation hangs for a little too long which procs the grab when your non-threatening pre-grab starts.  It is just one of the advantages for being a computer, I just hate it too.  hah.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 09:26:37 PM
Yeah it's like their window of opportunity is longer. They can grab as soon as they flash red until they are done moving, but Raiders have a small window where the grab will actually land

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 05:42:49 AM
After watching that like 3 times I think he blocked your dash with a punch. Then he just followed up with a grab. If you waited a tiny bit longer it looked to me like he would have been done for because you and your team got him really low but not low enough for a guaranteed grab.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 06:58:11 AM
There was no punch, I went from 100HP to dead in an instant

MSE_Jvela

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 12:00:57 PM
Hi LordDraco3!
I had to watch the video frame by frame to find out what was happening. I think there was no bug, but you were incredibly unlucky. Let me explain:

Right before you grab the Elite, Kuzmann falls from the step, so his grab animation was reseted. Plus, it seems that the Elite grab had finished, but it was on last frames , so he could catch you.

Hope this clarify things to you!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 06:53:38 PM
Hi LordDraco3!
I had to watch the video frame by frame to find out what was happening. I think there was no bug, but you were incredibly unlucky. Let me explain:

Right before you grab the Elite, Kuzmann falls from the step, so his grab animation was reseted. Plus, it seems that the Elite grab had finished, but it was on last frames , so he could catch you.

Hope this clarify things to you!

Thank you for reviewing! It just seems to happen to my team so much as we get higher in the difficulties ;_; but it's good info to know.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 07:09:24 PM
Yeah. Pretty sure he didn't fall from the ledge...he just wasn't in his active grab junction yet.  The "falling from ledge" appears that way because the Elite's grab connects and auto resolves distance for animation purposes. 

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 07:31:21 PM
Yeah. Pretty sure he didn't fall from the ledge...he just wasn't in his active grab junction yet.  The "falling from ledge" appears that way because the Elite's grab connects and auto resolves distance for animation purposes.
That's kinda how I saw it, based on the moment my status bar disappears (indicating I am being killed). I dunno, just want to bring attention to it.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 05:49:38 AM
What really killed you was... gravity!