Author Topic: Character Pricing  (Read 5273 times)

overlordmactire

• View Profile
Character Pricing
on: January 06, 2018, 05:52:35 AM
look i really like this game i like the story because most games make humans the good guys and in this one we're trying to kick them off the planet, i like the combat, i like the characters, i like the comedy, but havent been playing this game that long and i already am thinking about dropping it because of how impossible it is to get the characters. For example the new character you guys just put out called hive like her abilities like her concept would love to play as her, but i dont ever see that happening because of her pricing she costs 5000 MP thats 40 dollars in US currency i could buy 1-8 games at least for that amount of cash(depending on sales) now you can also pay the in game currency price of 240000 gold but assuming you can make on average 6000 thats 40 missions you would have to win and assuming it takes you at most 30 minutes to complete each mission then youll be playing for 20 hours to get to this character. you will not be winning every mission and because everyone else wants new characters as well you will not be making 6000 a mission you will be making around 1000 gold a mission if everyone on your team wants to get that gold as well which (if that happens on every mission) it will take you 120 hours to get enough gold together to get 1 character JUST ONE, 1, UNO. THAT IS NOT INCLUDING THE TIME IT TAKES TO  FIND A GAME AND IF YOU LOOSE OR IF AN ANTAGONIST COMES IN AND MAKES THE MISSION DRAG ON A LOT LONGER. the worst part of all that is hive isnt even the most expensive character you have 12 unreleased characters 2 of which are only going to cost you 10 bucks because they come with the campaigns so thats 10 extra characters that will cost as much if not more then hive. currently ginebra is the most expensive character at 7500 MP THATS 60 BUCKS IN US CURRENCY YOU DO THE MATH ON HOW MANY GAMES YOU COULD GET WITH THAT OR HOW LONG ITLL TAKE YOU TO MAKE 360000 GOLD IN GAME UNLESS YOU ARE RICH OR WIN THE LOTTO ON A REGULAR BASIS YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT GOING TO PAY THAT MUCH FOR ON CHARACTER LET ALONE FOR EACH FUTURE CHARACTER. THIS IS INSANE CONSIDERING THAT EACH CHARACTER HAS A DIFFERENT PLAYSTYLE WHICH IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS FOR GETTING PEOPLE TO KEEP PLAYING YOUR GAME AFTER TRYING IT 

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Re: Character Pricing
Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 01:37:25 PM
About the prices to unlock the characters with Mercury Points, I didn't looked into it at the begining. Now I have seen that

iune : 3750 Mercury Points. = 30€ = 175.000 gold and using 5000 gold from game.
H.I.V.E. 5000 Mercury Points. = 40€

This prices, taking into account that the game is going to have 17 missions, is way too expensive, This is more expensive than playing World of WarCraft MMO.

Shouldn't be more profitable, to make the prices enough to skip the grinding? I mean, you can play 1 week to farm gold to unlock the character... but for 3€ you can unlock the character right now, I suppose that that way almost a 70% of the players should pay with real money every character.

episodes: 10€*4=40€,
Unlocking characters with a small prices for example 3€
3*12 characters = 36€.

76€, it should be a really higher price for the game, also, with skins for 1-3€ people can even spend more.

Don't know... Also, offering bundles.

Episode 1 = 10€ + 5€ Character Pack: Dr. Kuzmann, Ginebra, Mikha = 15€ ----- for 4 Episodes 60€.

But this prices are giving Mercury Steam a really bad reputation, keeping the game empty and in the end, earning less money.

About the Skins prices... The point is that the skins are cool when thre is few people using them, is not cool at all, when everyone use the same T-Shirt as you, so having them at expensive prices make them worth the exclusiviness... but, I think that a price that keeps the Skins exclusive is 10€ not 40-50€.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Re: Character Pricing
Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 02:45:08 AM
Another solution could be the route Fortnite took where you could upgrade inside the game itself to a better but more expensive version while taking into account your sunk cost. Ergo, you pay the difference between the versions to upgrade. This way, it's fair to both new and old Raider fans alike without favoring one group over the other.