Author Topic: This Reward update isn’t that rewarding  (Read 1683 times)

J33P3R5 CR33P3R

• View Profile
This Reward update isn’t that rewarding
on: July 03, 2019, 04:04:11 PM
This update seems like a huge misunderstanding of what MSE thought we wanted. We didn’t want ALL of our rewards to be completely relegated to the daily mission system; we wanted them to supplement them. Getting 1.5k gold for any mission outside of your first 5 missions of the day feels incredibly restrictive and should’ve just had the daily mission rewards just add a few thousand gold to the already preexisting gold payout. Blueprints now not only appear on RNG and can be lost, now we also have to wait a whole day for another chance instead of the previous 8 hour wait time for another chance. XP now being limited screws over veterans who wants small gold rewards per level, status points, and affinity AND new players trying to reach the rank to access new card stuff or characters, increase passives to stand a chance against higher level players, and raise their forge level.

Spacelords is a grind-based third person shooter and putting in these mobile game-esque restrictions feels awful and like you’re  just trying to force people to come back for those 5 missions a day instead of just rewarding dedicated players who WANT to play this game as much as possible. What point is there to keep playing anymore for the day if you will be grinding at 1/5 the speed, rather than just waiting for tomorrow? This update feels like a statement that just rewarding all players fairly and generously (with that potentially increasing player retention naturally) is being thrown out the window, with MSE instead just trying to “bump those numbers up” and trying to hold progression hostage to force you to come back every day to make any real progress.

Marcus4471

• View Profile
Re: This Reward update isn’t that rewarding
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 05:10:45 PM
My sentiments exactly and they've already been expressed in numerous postings.

They have literally told the serious gamers to get lost. Stupidly they fail to see they're keeping the game alive. When the serious players leave, game wait is going to increase and WORSE players aren't just going to see one Huey in their team but a Luey as well! Playing a game, with a high ranking player, with you a low one and two bots means you lose. Added to that an Antagonist and you may as well quit the minute the game starts, as bots are utterly useless.

MercuryStream simply were incapable of looking at the immediate effects to the player pool by telling the serious players to get lost.
I was putting in 7 hours a day, as I'm a freelance writer and work from home. Why would I go back to playing when I'm limited to 4 games of XP and after that half the amount of gold and faction points?

I played 12 games or so yesterday and my treasure pot was 1000 xp, 9000 gold and 4000 faction points. I would have got the XP in one game and the gold and faction points in three or so.

This update is going to kill their player base and they're simply too stupid to realize this. I shook my head in disbelief when it came out. No blueprints, limited XP, no gold, faction point bonus missions and chances to win XP multipliers (along with poor gold and faction point rewards) effectively means that the Bounty Hunter, Treasure Hunter and Affinity perks for weapons now become completely obsolete.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 01:45:36 PM by MSE_Karen »