Author Topic: Kuzman's boss fight feels pretty B.S. right now  (Read 5752 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Kuzman's boss fight feels pretty B.S. right now
on: March 01, 2018, 01:45:39 AM
And it's one very specific point in the fight where 2 transport ships drop 6 enemies each and then right after he shocks Shae. Ok so that's 12 enemies, plus 1 boss and one 30 second timer that if not taken care of results in instant failure = a whole lotta bull. Also there should be a tool tip or something telling people that when you get shocked by Kuzman you damage your team mates.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 02:09:23 AM by Power Penguin »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Re: Kuzman's boss fight feels pretty B.S. right now
Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:18:18 AM
They just wander up to you.

You gotta take care of adds and get aggro while someone else is handling the switch unless you're all running closer than I prefer to be on that map. I have probably just ran it too much lately, but it's manageable.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:46:25 AM
Seen brand new teams finish it but obviously your current difficulty will influence whether you can burn it down or need to stick it out. Here's a helpful link regardless!

https://www.raidersofthebrokenplanet.com/community/index.php?topic=1230.0

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 03:03:42 AM
Thanks for the tips but my biggest problem is that its super inconsistent when you get a situation like this sometimes he only spawns 6 through out the entire fight and thats manageable but when you get this situation to pop up and you are in a random group it's basically game over.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 03:12:11 AM by Power Penguin »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 03:09:11 AM
Yeah. The game has little random factors that can stack up and go sideways. My only recommendation is to deal with one problem and hope everyone else deals with another. Don't work too hard doing everything you see others already doing.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 03:09:37 AM
I usually run Hans and just try and eat all the adds

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 08:38:08 AM
I usually run Hans and just try and eat all the adds

Like some sort of ad blocker?  :o

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 11:11:15 AM
I could have swore you guys always called them "aggs" like "aggro", can't say I understand the "add" term, but I get what you're talking about in chat.  All news to me.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 06:23:28 PM
I could have swore you guys always called them "aggs" like "aggro", can't say I understand the "add" term, but I get what you're talking about in chat.  All news to me.

It's an old MMO-RPG/MOBA term, it means a bunch of AI controlled minions or baddies, fodder.

Aggro is as well. Tank, support, mobs, AoE, DPS, HPS, etc... most of the terms people are used to are from MMOs and, by proxy, table top RPGs, namely Dungeons and Dragons. Some of these terms are 30 years old. As a D&D player for 25 years and an MMO player for 15 it's funny to see how in meshed they've become in gaming culture now. :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 06:42:42 PM by Level9Drow »

MSE_Meta

• MercurySteam Developer
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 06:40:51 PM

It's an MMO-RPG/MOBA term, it means a bunch of AI controlled minions or baddies, fodder.

I always thought about it like the additions to a combat, which makes some kind of sense in the MMORPG context that Quanrian mentions.
I guess the term sticked within the community as I've seen it to refer to any kind of enemy that is summoned/spawned/added to a combat by another enemy.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 09:28:30 PM
Ads are typically the things distracting you from an objective. Also called trash or trash mobs. The only benefit of killing them being less enemy damage. I used to call them mooks, I forget when my lingo switched to ads, probably WoW.

Quanrian

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 09:50:36 PM
Not sure how well that applies in Raiders since even the basic NPCs use some manner of tactics. I tend to say wiping as in I am wiping them out in one or all sections. Obviously, this becomes more difficult and risky as the difficulty increases and just generally speeds everything up. We've pointed this out before that enemies tend to 'flow' into their cover positions. Thus, to control you're really just 'pushing' into those positions and wiping them out one by one or two by two if you have help. For example, with a double spawn of six you want to wipe out one section so you can hold it then pick off the rest as they naturally thin themselves out. Overall, you need to think tactically in Raiders as simply being good at shooters and/or action games typically wont hack it as difficulty pumps up and tactics and efficiency become vital.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 10:01:06 PM
I mean, I think you should always shoot the things dealing damage unless they're spawning fast enough to actually prevent progress in any direction. When no ground can be gained go for the thing that is a win condition.

Also depends on the raider and faction. You can whittle down Hades and 5th council and potentially put them all in one shot zone for a quick clear and objective focus time.

The ads definitely get overwhelming on most of the maps on console. I think the only exception being Hanging by A Thread and No Reservations.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 11:18:35 AM
Also there should be a tool tip or something telling people that when you get shocked by Kuzman you damage your team mates.
So true about "tool tip". I always wonder how there are so many tools that have no clue that Kuzmann's gun shock damage jumps to their teammates.
But I guess those tools wouldn't notice tool tips anyway.