Author Topic: Plight of the Antagonist  (Read 2037 times)

Otaku Oblivion

• View Profile
Plight of the Antagonist
on: September 24, 2017, 11:20:23 PM
First of all, I'll happily say I'm loving the game. If I could find matches I'd be playing more! (but that's not my issue)
As a very good Antagonist, nothing is more frustrating than getting the team down to 1 left to win then the Host quits, which resets the whole checkpoint back to full lives! To make it worse, that host can then rejoin the game and repeat so you can never win. 'Mr LT Nice' just did this again to me with their friends.
This is extremely gamebreaking in my opinion and ruins such a great concept. I do have a few other, less important issues. One of which occurs when 2 people try to grapple at the same time. It seems that whoever presses it last gets the kill, as the first person's animation ends first, making them vulnerable. To me it makes no sense to be punished for having better reactions. I think a good idea would be some form of neutral outcome wher both grapplers push each other back. I have so many gameclips where I would win the game but get denied by a slightly slower enemy.

Exroath

• View Profile
Re: Plight of the Antagonist
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 09:49:00 AM
I saw this last night .. and well rage-quit..
It happened twice.. in a match. A small group of players know about this and clearly are using it as an exploit

Argentil

• View Profile
Re: Plight of the Antagonist
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 12:48:29 PM
This is game-breaking. Now that this exploit has been shared, we'll see how quick MercurySteam are to fix the issue. This will definitely reflect on their ability to support the game. One can only hope a hotfix will come in soon before this exploit permeates and it becomes completely impossible to play Antagonist mode.