Author Topic: PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT HANS  (Read 16179 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT HANS
Reply #30 on: February 15, 2018, 12:25:13 AM
I'm not taking about their model, simply large numbers. You can probably count on antagonists in a larger player pool. I mean, if I'm playing solo I've always got the antagonist mission searching, which isn't often, but most people just want to play regardless of game mode. It beats sitting in a long search.

Then they would need to either allow an "invader" option, or somehow curb the frequencies of invasion. They said they have new features regarding antagonist and weapons locked behind antag rank in the works. I'm hoping this will answer much of my worries. I give feedback here so they can read it and consider it.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 15, 2018, 12:34:34 AM
Having the option would be ideal I'm sure. Maybe not a personal setting but a per queue setting.

It'd be good if it didn't potentially divide the player base more than it already is.

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 15, 2018, 07:19:23 AM
Actually, at one point Antagonists were not where they expected and so we do get more than before that point in time. I can't say anyone will love it but they can certainly get used to it. Take me for example, I really hated the idea at first and it was only because I'm stubborn that I stuck it out. More importantly, I played Antagonist and it give me a broader perspective. Now I just take it for what it is to me... another way to play. As for my experiences, they vary match to match. For instance, sometimes I will absolutely rail a team and other times they're so ready for me all I can do is stall them. Mostly, I learn from my mistakes because damn there are plenty to make and often you find them when you try something unfamiliar. As harsh as that sounds it's also a fantastic learning experience and I continue to learn more and my hours invested are hardly meager.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 16, 2018, 01:48:13 AM
Mostly, I learn from my mistakes because damn there are plenty to make and often you find them when you try something unfamiliar. As harsh as that sounds it's also a fantastic learning experience and I continue to learn more and my hours invested are hardly meager.

Yup! I try stupid things sometimes just to learn. I know now that I hate the USU for Hans by trying it as antag. HIVE has terrible for Kuzmann, he blasts her into dust because her swarm range puts her too close. Alicia's new gun seemed neat and can reach Uras pimples, but rate of fire and reload speed are too slow to make her viable there.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 22, 2018, 01:50:03 AM
Your statement about Alicia's new gun. I think it's a bitter sweet feeling when I got the blueprint, because it's almost mandatory because it is so much more effective at clearing mobs than any of her other guns, but it's so boring to use compared to Smoking Daisy. I can't unload my clip over their head, I can't slide bomb them and I miss that already. All I'm going to do now is just aim and pew pew pew, but I'd be gimping myself if I don't use it. i wish Smoking Daisy was more competitive with the new gun.

Om one of the posts the devs stated that the blueprints are more like sidegrades rather than upgrades, but Alicia's new gun is definitely NOT a sidegrade. It's an upgrade.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:59:31 AM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 11:35:15 AM
I finally got smoking Daisy and tried it out.... what a trash gun. I would go so far as to say it's the worst gun I've used in this game. It definitely needs buffs in several areas, or a new gimmick like +melee damage since it does have a bayonet mounted on it. I would definitely classify it as her weakest gun with the coolest skin, such a shame :\

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #36 on: February 23, 2018, 05:56:59 PM
I finally got smoking Daisy and tried it out.... what a trash gun. I would go so far as to say it's the worst gun I've used in this game. It definitely needs buffs in several areas, or a new gimmick like +melee damage since it does have a bayonet mounted on it. I would definitely classify it as her weakest gun with the coolest skin, such a shame :\

All the damage is in the explosive shells. You do the most damage jumping over enemies heads and releasing the shells or slide bombing. You can also just run and drop them off behind you blowing up any pursuers. The shells do a TON of damage. But the actual fired shots themselves are really slow and do about 50 to 70 ish  with limited range, only 3 shots and you really have to lead them if they're moving. The primary way to use it, I've noticed, is not as a gun, but as an accessory to her high jump and slide.

Mechanically the gun is fun to use, but is kind of weak as a "firearm".
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:17:35 PM by Level9Drow »

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 23, 2018, 08:38:23 PM
Way I hear it you can drop the shells whilst dodging so it is a melee aid more than a gun. Hah.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #38 on: February 23, 2018, 09:03:24 PM
Way I hear it you can drop the shells whilst dodging so it is a melee aid more than a gun. Hah.

Yikes, that's REALLY close though. 9/10 times one of the shells is still close enough and explodes near enough to you that you are wounded or take damage. I think you can dodge your own shells if you are on the go in the first place, as in running, drop them, then dodge. But I don't think you can stand, drop them, then dodge and not take damage. At least not that I've noticed. I will try it more offline when I get home today to see if it can be done.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 23, 2018, 09:21:23 PM
you can also suicide with it to deny aleph :D

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #40 on: February 23, 2018, 09:28:42 PM
you can also suicide with it to deny aleph :D

Yes you can :)
You can also die and take the enemy AI with you if you are wounded and surrounded with no hope of survival. Just unload them all under your feet and the AI or antag (if they haven't grabbed you) will blow up with your kamikaze.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #41 on: February 23, 2018, 09:59:24 PM
When I get it I'll report back...I've lost rolls for the Daisy and the Tsiklon like forty seven times.