Author Topic: the end...180K  (Read 21671 times)

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Re: the end...180K
Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 07:40:06 PM
I just made 100K + of gold in one day, your argument is invalid, so are your maths ^^

I'm curious, were you also being forced to share that gold between three others while also waiting anywhere between fifteen to twenty-five minutes between each mission?

People in this forum seem to be under the belief that if they themselves got lucky and managed to get a lot of gold quickly, that everyone else also must be. Like that picture posted just above my post. Sharing that image as if it's common for any one player to get that much.  Most of the time, it would have been split between the team.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:01:07 PM by PersonMcHuman »

Stranno

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 11:14:47 PM
Yeah, sometimes you can get a lot. "A Weapon From The Past" mission with 8.3 score:

But most of the time you will be splitting rewards with 2-3k gold per player in 10 to 20 minutes games. I was grinding gold almost all day yesterday and evening before that. Matchmaking for me was ok (I'm on PC, UTC+3 timezone), 5 minutes of waiting at average. Not the worst grinding experience for me, but... wish prices (both in mercury and in gold) in the game was lower.

aadkaa

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 09:40:16 AM
At this point I can’t even argue with your logic. It feels like you spend more time trying to come up with reasons to keep playing rather than simply enjoying it.

I got 200k only cause I’m have been saving gold for Ginebra and having been grinding for 2 weeks for Smoking Daisy. Without a single coin flip appearing for it. Around 11 pm today I decide to play without my squad mates. And after 3 matches the Smoking Daisy drops and I lose it to some random player in the flip. After trying to find that blueprint for 2 weeks with my squad. It drop at free 11pm! Like what kinda sick joke? So now I’m up almost 3am now trying get it to drop again.  10 matches in no smoking Daisy again. And I don’t know how many times I’ve played this hanging by thread mission in the last two weeks.

I know it’s a little off topic but the point is valid this game just feels like WORK!  It’s crazy because I don’t work this hard at my real job! So again I understand your frustration.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 01:46:25 PM by aadkaa »

Shiro

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 10:19:10 AM
I just made 100K + of gold in one day, your argument is invalid, so are your maths ^^

I'm curious, were you also being forced to share that gold between three others while also waiting anywhere between fifteen to twenty-five minutes between each mission?

People in this forum seem to be under the belief that if they themselves got lucky and managed to get a lot of gold quickly, that everyone else also must be. Like that picture posted just above my post. Sharing that image as if it's common for any one player to get that much.  Most of the time, it would have been split between the team.

Yes, i had to share almost in every game with 2/3 people. The key here is that you can use the recently added feature of inviting people to play the game with pink tickets. When you invite someone who don't have the campagin you are playing, at the end of the match you both earn 5k of gold, wheter you win or not.
Having that in mind, even if you don't pick gold in any of the games you play, for every 10 games you and your partner will be gaining 50K of gold.

Moreover, if you need 30 minutes to complete ANY of the missions in the game it's because you need to play better and learn to do objectives. A well played mission usually lasts about 8-15 min as much, that adds a little change to that mathematic formula someone just put in here.

I am not defending the prices of the characters, but I feel new players have no rights to complain about Iune's price when some others had to grind 120K or 360K when the invite feature wasn't even implemented, and there were half the missions we can play today.

Now you can get Ginebra in about a week. Still a lot of time of course but let's be honest, there aren't THAT many characters to acquire and the gold income has been raised a lot since game started.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 10:21:36 AM
Lol, I finally invited a friend for missions he didn't had (I think we did just 5 missions total), also played the game for fun on weekend and I'm now from 70k up to 175k. And I wasn't even trying to get gold.
Also if you win with 8+ rating you can have a lot more from single game - the largest gold award I remember seeing was 18+k from single game.

xturbo77

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 11:15:43 AM
The invitation system along with the resent Gold rate change, I personally have gained over 200k in less than 2 weeks. I also was grinding character and faction points as well.

I would really like to use my purple tickets.... but it seems the most players already own both campaigns.

PersonMcHuman

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 04:17:07 PM
I can at least admit that with the higher bump in players, it no longer takes nearly thirty minutes to find matches like it used to, which helps out with the higher gold rates. Unfortunately, for people like me who have small friends lists (since I only add people I know personally, or have played a ton with) the invitation system is basically useless. Everyone I know either doesn't want to play the game, played it and hated it since it was/is an unfair grind with crazy wait times with a clear incentive to try and force you to pay more real money,  or already owns both campaigns.

Just a note, Shiro, your argument is terrible. It might just be a peeve of mine, since I hate that argument IRL as well, but I feel that "New people shouldn't complain because older people had it worse" (people should always complain if they see a problem, even if the problem isn't as bad as it used to be) is meaningless, especially if the system is still bad.  And again, it's a coop game. Talking down about someone's time to beat a mission means nothing when it's all cooperative. You could be the best player in existence, but that doesn't mean a darn thing if the rest of your team doesn't know how to play. I've spent exorbitant amounts of times on missions because my team kept dying, and I stubbornly just ran around surviving until they were revived.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:35:55 PM by PersonMcHuman »

BloodNekoKiux

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 05:14:55 PM
The invitation system along with the resent Gold rate change, I personally have gained over 200k in less than 2 weeks. I also was grinding character and faction points as well.

I would really like to use my purple tickets.... but it seems the most players already own both campaigns.
What I usually do is, when I play "hanging by thread" and I see a level 0 player I will send a message to see if they want to play.   

Shiro

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: December 18, 2017, 07:28:08 PM
I can at least admit that with the higher bump in players, it no longer takes nearly thirty minutes to find matches like it used to, which helps out with the higher gold rates. Unfortunately, for people like me who have small friends lists (since I only add people I know personally, or have played a ton with) the invitation system is basically useless. Everyone I know either doesn't want to play the game, played it and hated it since it was/is an unfair grind with crazy wait times with a clear incentive to try and force you to pay more real money,  or already owns both campaigns.

Just a note, Shiro, your argument is terrible. It might just be a peeve of mine, since I hate that argument IRL as well, but I feel that "New people shouldn't complain because older people had it worse" (people should always complain if they see a problem, even if the problem isn't as bad as it used to be) is meaningless, especially if the system is still bad.  And again, it's a coop game. Talking down about someone's time to beat a mission means nothing when it's all cooperative. You could be the best player in existence, but that doesn't mean a darn thing if the rest of your team doesn't know how to play. I've spent exorbitant amounts of times on missions because my team kept dying, and I stubbornly just ran around surviving until they were revived.

My argument can convince you or not, its just my point of view.
Then you are recieving an invitation system that allows you to rush characters pretty fast, but it is not of your convenience because you lack on friends to play.
So now imagine they just raise up the gold income enough for people who can't use invitations to get the new characters in less time. But of course, people still can get tons of gold by inviting other players .
What do they do with that amount of gold? it makes the game boring having all content (the free content of course) in less that 2 weeks. In that case some people would get bored about the game, not having more objectives and leave. We are again at the point were there are not enough players to find matches in a reasonably amount of time. If you dont want to use the gold income system they hand at you, then you shouldn't complain, i know people with more than 600k of gold, with already all the content unlocked, they are no unicorns, just people who have been earing it by playing.

The fact is that by "complaining", we got this system at least, and we have learned to use it so now the gold income is pretty good.
You can't change a whole game mechanic just because one player can't or doesn't want to use the invitation system, that's pretty selfish.
That's why i said new players shouldn't being complaining about something that is mostly fixed nowadays, it feels a bit disrespectful to the rest of the community who grinded hard for those items.

Now about the "i only find noobs in my games so i can't raise up my scores and get better rewards".
I started playing this game alone then, someday, another player who i was playing with added me in steam and we started playing together. After that, another one, some time later i got invited into a discord channel with a pretty great amount of players which i have been playing, improving and, the better part, getting fun. If you play alone because you don't want to play with unknown people its fine, but you are closing yourself to the chance of actually enjoying the game.

Operator

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 03:32:58 AM
Shiro, I would like to respectfully disagree with you. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just speaking from an opposing viewpoint.

You seem to suggest that solo players (players who queue alone) are less valued and/or are a minority in comparison to partied players. In my opinion this is an unhealthy way to view a game's player base. Solo players are equally important to any multiplayer title as they fill the gaps of partial groups and allow for more accurate skill level matchmaking between players (since there are more options).

You ask what would players using the invitation system do with excess gold if Mercury Steam increased mission reward gold. To this I'd say that's part of the initial problem. By tying bonus gold income to specifically the invitation system, one group of players benefits while others do not. If there were no gold bonus on invites and an increase in mission gold, all parties would benefit and be on equal ground.

As a side note here, I personally don't think it's selfish to want to be included in an improved economy when that economy is, by design, exclusive. Nor do I agree with claims that people shouldn't complain because it's been worse. If one person lost an arm but the guy next to him lost both, should he not cry out too? The point being that just because something has been worse in the past does not mean that it's current state is any less bad than it truly is.

I understand the frustrations of working hard for something that is later made easier to obtain, it sucks and is not fun at all, but the hardship of those before doesn't discredit the hardship of those currently grinding; nor does it imply that the latter disrespects the effort of the former.

Just my thoughts on those topics. If I've offended you, I sincerely apologize; that was not my intention.

Edit: Fixed some spelling issues.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:17:34 PM by Operator »

k9unit1987

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 03:51:18 AM
I agree 100% this game sucks. I will never buy an indie game again. EA has more standards than these guys.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 04:40:52 AM
Woah there buddy that's some fucked up shit to say. To compare someone to EA is like calling someone a rapist.
It's true they are treating a pay2play game like a free2play and that has to stop!

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 04:44:13 AM
Shiro, I would like to respectfully disagree with you. I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just speaking from an opposing viewpoint.

You seem to suggest that solo players (players who queue alone) are less valued and/or are a minority in comparison to partied players. In my opinion this is an unhealthy way to view a game's player base. Solo players are equally important to any multiplayer title as they fill the gaps of partial groups and allow for more accurate skill level matchmaking between players (since there are more options).

You ask what would players using the invitation system do with excess gold if Mercury Steam increased mission reward gold. To this I'd say that's part of the initial problem. By tying bonus gold income to specifically the invitation system, one group of players benefits while others do not. If there were no gold bonus on invites and an increase in mission gold, all parties would benefit and be on equal ground.

As a side note here, I personally don't think it's selfish to want to be included in an improved economy when that economy is, by design, exclusive. Nor do I agree with claims that people shouldn't complain because it's been worse. If one person lost an arm but the guy next to him lost both, should he not cry out too? The point being that just because something has been worse in the past does not mean that it's current state is any less bad than it truly is.

I understand the frustrations of working hard for something that is later made easier to obtain, it sucks and is not fun at all, but the hardship of those before doesn't discredit the hardship of those currently grinding; nor does it imply that the later disrespects the effort of the former.

Just my thoughts on those topics. If I've offended you, I sincerely apologize; that was not my intention.
I stand by this raider. Especially in regards to solo play!

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 26, 2017, 04:29:16 PM

Character cost 180k
Average gold per match with antag and score of 7+ gets u about 2k , time spent about 30min

The math :
180000 ÷ 2000 × 30 = 2700 hours of grinding

About 112days of straight grinding with no food or water or bathroom break or spending gold on lore or guns etc..

WRONG.

180000 / 2000 = 90 missions.
90 missions * 30 minutes each = 2700 minutes!
2700 minutes / 60 minutes each hour = 45 hours.

Playing everyday 2 hours = 22 days to unlock the new character.

actually, missions last around 10 minutes - 20 minutes. If you need more time is because you don't know how to acomplish them, or because you are playing with new players that don't know.

Make up your mind choose either free to play or a buy to play you can't have both.

Right!