Author Topic: What is up with the enemy spawn rates of In Shock ?  (Read 2617 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Had 3-4 transport drops in less than a minute of each other. Thats not right.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 09:20:18 AM by Power Penguin »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: What is up with the enemy spawn rates of In Shock ?
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 06:12:50 PM
Im definitely not an expert or anything but it seems to me that quickly killing a whole transport on almost any stage triggers a faster replacement of reinforcements no matter what. It seems like the second you lay down a blitzfaust trap with Kuz under a drop point and wipe them you only get 7 or 8 seconds before more show up. To me it diminishes the importance of having coordinated tactics to stem the tide of enemies if the game just rushes more out.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:06:26 PM
Are we talking part 1, or part 2?

I'm almost certain the enemy dropships are based on Kuzmann's health in part 2, and teams that deal very fast DPS towards the end when he stops flying around cause the multiple ship swarm.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 11:52:00 PM
I'm not sure about In Shock particularly but in Weapon from the Past, those dropships come in a) Every 30 or 40 seconds or b) 5 seconds after you wipe them out. When I use Ginebra's Schleuder and bounce 3 bolts at them killing the 5 guys, a new dropship literally is pulling up 5 seconds afterwards. So my comment actually was more in a general sense of why cant a skilled team actually catch a break when they handle their business efficiently instead of the game throwing tons more dropships at you in response. This is frustrating moreso in games where the avg mmr is pretty high and grunts are lovetapping you into an injured state immediately.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 12:42:36 AM
Yeah you make a good point that it seems almost exclusive to 5th council dropships. They just overrun any map they are on..... except, ironically, In Media Res, on their own 5th council base turf.