Author Topic: Region & Currency  (Read 4006 times)

DJehutii

• View Profile
Region & Currency
on: September 23, 2017, 07:50:10 PM
Hi there!

First off, really enjoying this game. My wife for locked onto it about a week ago and decided she wanted to check it out. We've since bought the campaign for each of our Ps4's and we have been playing practically every minute since release!

Now onto my conundrum. I hold a US Psn account, in the Beta I found out that if I downloaded the game from the US store I was unable to join my wifes party (She has an EU psn account). I suspected this was due to my game region being US and hers being EU. So to experiment I downloaded the game on an alternate EU PSN account, then switched back to my US PSN account in order to play. This worked!

However, I purchased the DLC Campaign + 2500 coins on my alternate EU account and upon switching to my US account I was able to use the DLC but the currency would not reflect. I checked and this went onto the EU psn account.

So I figured what the hell, I'd go onto the US PSN store and purchase the currency there, I bought 500 coins on the US PSN store to test and see if it would reflect properly ingame. It didnt. I guess this is because my game is EU region.

So basically after all that I simply want to know how I purchase coins if I'm using a US PSN Account on an EU version of Raiders Of The Broken Planet!
O

DJehutii

• View Profile
Re: Region & Currency
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 01:24:55 PM
Just wanted to update this post. I have since found a way to do this.
I purchased the currency on my us account and then downloaded the US version of Raiders. So on my ps4 right now I have two versions of Raiders installed, Eu and Us. I loaded up the Us version, purchased the skin, then transferred back to the Eu version and the skin was installed and available.
FYI Currency is region exclusive but skins act as DLC once they are bought!

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 03:22:59 PM
very useful information , thanks!

Necrophidius

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 01:04:09 AM
As an American living in Canada, I've had my US PSN account since I got my ps3 back in 2006. Sony will not allow a country change even if it's the same region. I cannot add funds via credit card or PayPal because of my address. It isn't really an option for me to make a new PSN account as the Sony representatives so casually suggest, all of my friends, trophies, online purchases, and everything else are on this one profile... 11+ years of gaming.

A few years ago I located a service that provides the purchase of PSN currency codes from tons of different countries (including the US). I'm guessing there are other sites out there that offer this same service but I've never had a problem with PC Game Supply. (link below)

www.pcgamesupply.com

Hope this helps someone

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 12:06:10 PM
Thanks for the advice, Necro. This is a very common problem, so I'm sure it will end up helping someone. I, myself have moved from South Africa to the Middle East, so I've had to make use of these PSN gift card resellers as well for the same reason. I refuse to create a new account and lose all of my digital library, trophies, friend list etc. Hopefully Sony will change this policy soon. It's a common complaint, and one they're aware of.