Author Topic: Never ending waves of enemies?  (Read 4406 times)

SygBoss

• View Profile
Never ending waves of enemies?
on: October 29, 2017, 02:24:59 AM
It's utterly relentless. They spawn again before you even have a chance to kill the first lot, let alone actually get on a turret and take out a gunship. I was playing with 3 level 0 players too. Why is this game so randomly hard sometimes?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:54:59 AM by SygBoss »

Geisty

• View Profile
Re: Never ending waves of enemies?
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 06:48:09 AM
I mean what did the team comp look like? That has a big factor in it as well.

SygBoss

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 08:18:47 AM
I mean what did the team comp look like? That has a big factor in it as well.
Shouldn't matter for the prologue mission should it? New players will only have access to the first 4 characters so the team comp will always be the same. Basically unless I pick Kuzmann on this map we get rekt.

I really wonder whether those 3 level 0 players will ever come back to the game after that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:21:07 AM by SygBoss »

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 03:39:47 PM
I can corroborate. Even with 3 level 0 players, the difficulty is much harder than they're used to, and they end up dying constantly. The scaleability of difficulty in this game is far too severe. The Enemy Within is unwinnable at 54% difficulty. Enemy spawns just overlap, and overlap until you're overrun.

Drimakus

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 05:27:10 PM
I can corroborate. Even with 3 level 0 players, the difficulty is much harder than they're used to, and they end up dying constantly. The scaleability of difficulty in this game is far too severe. The Enemy Within is unwinnable at 54% difficulty. Enemy spawns just overlap, and overlap until you're overrun.
Agree! Especially when playing without antagonist... Cringy!

Rukio

• Shae is bae
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 08:04:53 PM
I love that the game is absolutely ruthless. I know what you mean on that second phase however. I had three rank 0s on my team and they all disconnected at the beginning. I had to solo the entire prolog campaign VS an Antag. Lucky Ginebra is good at hunting down any character at the moment with high survivability with map knowledge jumps.

I was stuck in that match for 55 minutes. Running to one side of the map. Making his Konstantin butt chase me. Then immediately dragging him and the other 4848695939 troops to the other. Get a few shots on the ships. Run back.

Im pretty sure there is a # cap on soldiers that really allowed to be spawned because they stop coming after awhile. But it's enough for them to form a complete circle around ya. Scary stuff!

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 01:22:32 PM
Map difficulty isn't the same when there is an antagonist in the game. It's dependent on the skill of the antagonist.

You won't be encountering the situation described in the OP if there is an antagonist in the game. When you start hitting 50% and higher map difficulty, the game actually loses its lustre, your rewards drop, and games take upwards of 40 minutes, often resulting in losses. It's not noticeable in a map like Prologue either, because you are often matched with at least one new player, so it's rare to get above 35% difficulty on that map.

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:37 PM
Also, I'd like to add that I used to play this game with a group of friends, but after the persistent difficulty increase, and the reduced rewards, they refuse to play. The number of times we end up in an unwinnable game because we don't have an antagonist to normalize our difficulty is just too high - add to that the fact that antagonists increase your reward modifiers, and often people just drop from the game as soon as they see how hard it is. Inevitably, after fighting for over 40 minutes to maybe win a match, the rewards are terrible.

Treycol1

• HiYa raiders
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 04:03:05 PM
Guys its only like that because you have somebody who has a high level on your squad, the a.I corresponds with the levels of the players, the more experience the squad is the higher the difficulty

The Wanderlust

• XBox - The Wanderlust
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 04:51:10 PM
The only map where the mob spawns ever feel borderline cheap is the final stage of Enemy Within. Those frickin’ beasts get overwhelming by the third set, and it’s usually only from our Harec stalking that we survive. (Our party calls ‘em “porcupines,” usually with a swear prefixed.)

Argentil

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 07:04:24 PM
Guys its only like that because you have somebody who has a high level on your squad, the a.I corresponds with the levels of the players, the more experience the squad is the higher the difficulty

I stated as much. I know the difficulty is tied to my personal MMR, nothing I can do about that but lose some matches and drag down the people I play with.