Author Topic: There needs to be a ping limiter  (Read 2021 times)

Rukio

• Shae is bae
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
There needs to be a ping limiter
on: November 02, 2017, 05:54:11 AM
I'd rather sit in queue for 10 minutes than play a game where my shots come out 4 - 5 seconds later in a game 400 - 700 ping. Hopefully this is an option! I love being able to play with people anywhere. Just not like this.

Maybe dedicated servers is the proper option here?
I have no problem with it as it stands now, but only if there is a way to make sure I don't get into a 600 ping (Just finished playing, antag rage quit because he couldn't play) or a host migration to someone who gave me a solid 999 last night.

SygBoss

• View Profile
Re: There needs to be a ping limiter
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:10:44 AM
Do indie games ever have dedicated servers? I mean it would be fantastic of course, but seems a bit unrealistic. Unless they can get a big publisher behind it, but that seems unlikely with the low review scores (underserved) and low player base (also underserved).

Rukio

• Shae is bae
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
Re: There needs to be a ping limiter
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 09:44:20 AM
Do indie games ever have dedicated servers? I mean it would be fantastic of course, but seems a bit unrealistic. Unless they can get a big publisher behind it, but that seems unlikely with the low review scores (underserved) and low player base (also underserved).

I completely agree. Was just something to throw in the pipe. With the community of this game dwindling, I can completely see the reason they want to mix up their community together. There probably is a ping limiter that gets more relaxed the longer you wait.

I'm just choosing to stay up when I get home at 10 PM - 3 AM and most of the US is sleeping or not on Raiders.

This honestly may be something thats fixed when the game gets more players.