Author Topic: Hans Overpowered as the Antagonist  (Read 4210 times)

Blue27

• View Profile
Hans Overpowered as the Antagonist
on: October 20, 2017, 02:37:36 AM
Anyone else think that Hans is overpowered as the antagonist? I am not saying he can't be stopped but he seems far better than most of the other raiders at that role (other than the one map where it is best to snipe). I am near the top of the antagonist leaderboards on xbox and got there by using Hans.

His burst damage and mobility are so high that he can effectively kill any character in the aliens faction at will. If you combine those easy kills with the card that increases the amount of time you are invincible, you can chain kill a lot of teams. Like all characters in the Hades faction, he also has a lot of health. So he has high mobility, high burst damage and high health. 

What do you guys think?

SygBoss

• View Profile
Re: Hans Overpowered as the Antagonist
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 03:07:44 AM
His mobility is amazing with the jet pack, and makes him immune to cqc (I think?). But I feel like his gun (the default one at least) rewards more skilled players. I'm quite bad at shooters so I can't really hit anyone with it. Slow projectiles and small clips make it quite difficult for me to use personally. Can't hit jack lol.

Cigarpunk

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:23:44 AM
His mobility is amazing with the jet pack, and makes him immune to cqc (I think?). But I feel like his gun (the default one at least) rewards more skilled players. I'm quite bad at shooters so I can't really hit anyone with it. Slow projectiles and small clips make it quite difficult for me to use personally. Can't hit jack lol.
I have grabbed Antagonist Hans in the middle of the air, so he can be stopped. If you have a good Hans in your Raider team, and they're good, you can destroy the fake Hans easily.

Blue27

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 01:13:24 AM
He can't be grabbed out of the air. I have played as him plenty of times and once you are fully airborne he is immune to melee. You can melee him before he is fully airborne however. He is without a doubt the best raider in pvp in the hands of a skilled player. He needs a nerf. They should allow you to melee him in the air, cause him to fall out of the sky if he takes a certain amount of damage, lower his total health or nerf "WARM" MM1 (gun is broken in pve and pvp). He just has so many advantages it is absurd. I would love to see how many player at the top of the antagonist leader boards use Hans most of the time. I know I do.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 01:29:20 AM by Blue27 »

Cigarpunk

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 03:21:27 AM
He can't be grabbed out of the air. I have played as him plenty of times and once you are fully airborne he is immune to melee. You can melee him before he is fully airborne however. He is without a doubt the best raider in pvp in the hands of a skilled player. He needs a nerf. They should allow you to melee him in the air, cause him to fall out of the sky if he takes a certain amount of damage, lower his total health or nerf "WARM" MM1 (gun is broken in pve and pvp). He just has so many advantages it is absurd. I would love to see how many player at the top of the antagonist leader boards use Hans most of the time. I know I do.
I don't use Hans as Antagonist anymore since I discovered Kuzmann and his "Light Horizons"...  Try him a couple of times and let me know if Hans is still "God" :D

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 03:53:51 AM
The best Antags I have seen are Hans, Kuzmann, and Shae. I play Kuzmann and Shae on Antag and boy, do they clean house. Kuzmann more so because it's hard to fight back without a sniper. But every Hans Antag I have seen initiates with grapples, so it's kinda predictable to throw a punch after they land.

Blue27

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 04:40:11 AM
Shae isn't bad at all on the maps with longer sight lines but isn't what I would call overpowered. She has very low HP and is easily hunted down by Hans or other characters with high mobility. Hans shouldn't be landing and trying to grapple you. By the time he is done shooting you from the sky, you should already be ready for execution or about dead. That is more a problem with the player you are up against than the character.

Kuz is very overrated as an  antagonist. He is overpowered in pve but is easily defeated in pvp. He is only good if the other team is foolish enough to stick way too close together. He is also very slow which is something you really don't want as the antagonist (same reason that Constantine isn't actually all that great as the antagonist). If I am playing as Hans, I just go kill him easily in a 1 on 1 while my team stays behind. He has less health than Hans, is slower and does tiny amounts of single target damage. No way am I losing that one on one. I have never lost to a Kuz antagonist. Not once. A character that is weak 1 v 1 will never be top tier against a player that knows what he is doing.   

In any event, I don think it really matters. I doubt the devs will try to balance this game any time soon.  It has far bigger problems than game balance at the moment (reward system).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 05:23:52 AM by Blue27 »

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 05:46:48 AM
Well, as the devs have said before, you should pick the Antag for the job., so while I agree Hans is spectacular on some maps, so is Kuzmann/Shae/Alicia. I can't see most of the others as viable Antags. And like I said, it's from what I've seen, as little as I've played lately, can't seem to get into a match on Xbox, like, ever anymore.
A smart Kuzmann takes advantage of AI movements, and his ability is actually really useful in CQC. Is he OP? No, but he is powerful when played intelligently, which you may not have seen done yet.
Do I think Hans is a powerful Antag? Yes. The best? No. He is so vulnerable while airborne to actual gunfire, any smart team just focus fires on him when they see him flying towards them. Konstantin is also a good counter (keeping him at arms length for his teammates), as well as Harec, who simply put, is the Antagonist Slayer.

But I definitely agree on that, far bigger problems than balancing issues.

Cigarpunk

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 06:53:45 PM
Well, as the devs have said before, you should pick the Antag for the job., so while I agree Hans is spectacular on some maps, so is Kuzmann/Shae/Alicia. I can't see most of the others as viable Antags. And like I said, it's from what I've seen, as little as I've played lately, can't seem to get into a match on Xbox, like, ever anymore.
A smart Kuzmann takes advantage of AI movements, and his ability is actually really useful in CQC. Is he OP? No, but he is powerful when played intelligently, which you may not have seen done yet.
Do I think Hans is a powerful Antag? Yes. The best? No. He is so vulnerable while airborne to actual gunfire, any smart team just focus fires on him when they see him flying towards them. Konstantin is also a good counter (keeping him at arms length for his teammates), as well as Harec, who simply put, is the Antagonist Slayer.

But I definitely agree on that, far bigger problems than balancing issues.
Totally agree.
By the way, I've just punched (and grabbed) Antagonist Hans in the middle of the air (again) so don't tell me it's impossible. He isn't in "god mode" while flying. Just try it.