Author Topic: Major frustrations about rewards system  (Read 1893 times)

Techarius

• View Profile
Major frustrations about rewards system
on: September 01, 2018, 05:12:08 PM
Making progress in this game is extremely frustrating;

I just got Loaht.

I wanted a new gun for Loaht because his starter weapon makes me cry when i shoot it.

The only mission that had a Blueprint as reward was "The Enemy Within".

You can only get Blueprints for characters while playing as them, so i was dreading this mission already because Loaht is near useless at this specific boss section.

I got Matched with a Lvl 17 Hans, a Lvl 15 Konstantin, and a Lvl 4 Alicia. I am Lvl 68 myself.  It was not classified as a Mentor Match when i received the mission while it obviously was. I would've declined it otherwise.

The boss fight went horrible. None of them knew what to do. Running around like headless chickens, wasting lives. Not shooting at the yellow orbs at all.
The Alicia was the worst, and burned through lives.

So eventually the survive timer starts, they all die, it's swarming with those green monsters, and then i die.

Mission failed.

The reward screen pops up.

Turns out the Blueprint i was going to receive was for the Dragée. Useless.

Ofcourse the Alicia did receive her Blueprint, although her performance was shit and he/she didn't deserve it in any way.

So now i'm back at the menu.
Fucking now what?
There's nothing left to do.
I'm not going to play for gold, i got what i need, i got the cards i want for now, i just want the weapon.

You're making me wait (24 at first) 12 hours for my next shot at that, which could very well be messed up by people who are very new or outright suck, again.
Why make people wait? You don't want people to play the game?
You could've made people do whatever to work towards blueprints but you decided the best way to do that is by not playing the game. It's such a weird way to handle this, and whenever i google this issue there's nothing but complaints and no reaction.

Being able to know which map drops which weapon for each character would prevent alot of frustration as well.

I could've picked another character if i knew i'd get Dragée with Loath, and maybe then the mission wouldn't have gone as crap as it did.
I might've even gotten a worthwhile blueprint as someone else.

And then at the end of ALL of it, when i fail a mission because of faulty teammates, it's so maddening to hear that asshat pilot tell you that "You can do better than that"
Fuuuuuuck youuuu.

For some reason i really like this game but i know for sure it's not because of the rewards and blueprints system.

Normally in a game if you fail, you go at it again, you don't make people wait hours. Especially if it's literally one of the two only ways to progress.

It's especially weird since it doesn't seem to be connected to microtransactions at all. I can't unlock weapons with real cash, so why gate them like this? If i understand the current monetization model right, wouldn't it be more logical to have easier acces to blueprints, so players have more things to potentially spend gold on, so players have a bigger need for gold which means they might play more, or buy gold with money more often?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:21:10 PM by Techarius »

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Re: Major frustrations about rewards system
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 03:00:48 AM
had the same issues you did, what is frustrating is that it seems they arent adressing the issues with this relaunch, i get that they are busy with xbox problems and who knows what else though, the only advice i have for you is to join steam group chats, you will more likely find people who liked the game and are willing to play enough to join a group chat.
the groups i am in right now are SPACELORDS and Raider chat, sometimes you wont find people to play but that is an issue with the game population itself.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 03:27:04 AM
I completely agree. A friend and I played In Shock last night and we are both level 20. We were paired with a level 1 and a level 48. The 48 dropped instantly and the level 1 made it about 2 mins before quitting as well. Needless to say my friend and I finished the entire mission with only the two of us and what did we get for the 40 minute mission, 300 extra gold per desertion so 600 total. I could have finished that mission in 15 mins max with a full party so I lost gold. I just couldn't bring myself to fail and lose my 1-time reward.

The game is fantastic but the time gates, forge/weapon progression, and reward structure are all poorly designed. I want Spacelords to succeed and will teach all of my friends how to play but the rest of the game needs some serious help.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 03:44:56 AM
I completely agree. A friend and I played In Shock last night and we are both level 20. We were paired with a level 1 and a level 48. The 48 dropped instantly and the level 1 made it about 2 mins before quitting as well. Needless to say my friend and I finished the entire mission with only the two of us and what did we get for the 40 minute mission, 300 extra gold per desertion so 600 total. I could have finished that mission in 15 mins max with a full party so I lost gold. I just couldn't bring myself to fail and lose my 1-time reward.

The game is fantastic but the time gates, forge/weapon progression, and reward structure are all poorly designed. I want Spacelords to succeed and will teach all of my friends how to play but the rest of the game needs some serious help.
yeah, if there is anything i really hate about people going afk is that they didnt do anything to help cope with that, if the host leaves the stage of the current mission restart except the amount of lives left, and if anyone leaves all you get are 300 gold and 300 reputation, absolutely worthless with how much everything costs, the game doesnt even try to make it easyer since you have less people or give you bots, invincible but very dumb bots could work.