Author Topic: This game is still too broken to be played decently  (Read 4751 times)

FixThisWholeGame

• View Profile
 This game is sometimes pretty hard to play with their unfixed stuff. Antagonist is sometimes impossible and some raider mission are still too hard for people who arent pro. Not to mention the decent amount of bugs who are still out there.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:10:19 PM by FixThisWholeGame »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: This game is still too broken to be played decently
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 01:08:29 AM
Care to give specifics on what's particularly bad or broken?

FixThisWholeGame

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 02:00:02 AM
Some mechanics, the melee system sometimes bugs out. Like I roll after someone hits and magically he can hit me faster after that than I hit him. Some missions like the last 2 from the hades campaign are really hard for noob players even if difficulty is lowered. Antogist is almost impossible if the raiders work together pretty well. Also I see alot of lvl 100+ being placed with noobs, not saying that is hard to be under control of, but I am placed with lvl 1 players sometime even though my skill rate (or however it is called) is 51%. Also have I encountered multiple bugs, again not saying that is easy to take control of, but I encounter too many bugs related to how long this game has been out.

FixThisWholeGame

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 02:09:50 AM
I forgot to mention some missions are really hard for antagonist since some characters own that particular mission, like Ginebra on some missions, kuzzman on A Low Blow and Schneider on almost every destroy objective mission since he does an insane amount of damage to bosses.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 07:08:22 AM
strike priority is not programmed to be like that, sadly that's just ping due to the peer-to-peer hosting. When someone is spamming strike, you should be able to counter with roll > strike, but if ping is bad, the strike spam will keep priority :\ I would like to see this fixed but without dedicated servers, not sure how it would be handled, unless they somehow changes the attack frames to allow a longer grace period. But I already feel like the strike "fail" is too long when fighting AI, sometimes you can punch an elite, and they can roll and grab in the time it takes you to fail that strike, definitely don't want any change that lets this happen.

As for antag, it depends on several factors. Level is the least of what matters, as MMR balance can make or break a battle. Here a level 10 antag beat us 2/3 games because our team's collective MMR difficulty is around 65% here, and they were 54% on their first match against us, causing the enemy AI to overcompensate. We are in party chat and using our best team makeup to clear this map easily in a few minutes, but a low level newbie antag wrecked us. Twice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oliKia7CvM

But there are definitely games where the antag doesn't stand a chance due to lack of anything spawning. Like I said, it just depends on a lot of factors, but MMR is the biggest one currently. Keep low MMR and everything will be easy for you. Try to go high like we're doing, and get punished for it :( Not even seeing good rewards at difficulty 71%

FixThisWholeGame

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 07:11:19 PM
The reward system is indeed still pretty bad. Even after an intense antogonist match which you barely won and then be able to choose between 3k faction points or 3k gold :-\

FixThisWholeGame

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 07:12:17 PM
But this is also why I said some missions like the last 2 from the hades campaign are pretty hard due to npc and boss spam.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 07:44:40 PM
The reward system is indeed still pretty bad. Even after an intense antogonist match which you barely won and then be able to choose between 3k faction points or 3k gold :-\

Yeah antag rewards are awful :( Need to be buffed up to 10k points/gold on a win

FixThisWholeGame

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 12:09:37 AM
Now that your here, I have a question. I have seen some players who have gotten Ginebra while being below the required level, like level 33. Do you know more information about this?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 12:25:21 AM
Old players that had her before the Hades update. Everyone kept their characters and weapons when the update happened, and they probably just don't play a whole lot.

FixThisWholeGame

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 01:28:22 AM
Ah thanks