Author Topic: 10 weapon rolls and i did not win a single time  (Read 7576 times)

ZooL

• View Profile
10 weapon rolls and i did not win a single time
on: April 07, 2018, 08:16:23 PM
I am done with this joke of a game.
The devs came up with the worst loot system possible and fail to realize that it is destroying their player base. tbh by now I will take join in them closing the doors since this game is a colossal fail.
Just to clear things up:
I am playing since 3 days, so far I had 10 weapon drops I rolled for and I ALWAYS lost. usually it is just 1 other guy rolling with me and I still loose.
I realize that this is just bad luck, but that's why good games don't use real random for stuff like this. but I guess a horrible developer like mecurysteam would not know that.
just thinking about this loot system makes me sick. first you need luck to get a decent team and not get stomped by a high level antagonist. THEN you need to actually get lucky to have a weapon drop and THEN you need to roll for it and come out empty handed all of the time. every F2P cash grab mobile game I played has less luck involved.
And if i then look at my playtime and realize that it has been 18h and i did not get a single weapon so far and then realizing that i need to drop a weapon several times to level it up, oh boy. ill just uninstall. ill be waiting with my popcorn for the news that the game and hopefully mecurysteam is closing their doors soon.

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
Re: 10 weapon rolls and i did not win a single time
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 03:39:40 AM
You should also realise that the weapon blueprints really don't make that much of a difference compared to the skill you have with the character.

The starting weapons are all good.

Blue27

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 03:52:46 AM
That is no longer correct. The weapon blueprints make a huge difference. If you want to level a weapon up, you need its blueprint. A low level weapon is very weak against a high level player. Its one of the main reasons this update is so terrible, and it will only get worse as players continue to level up. They need to make weapons easier to obtain if they want a larger player base. The two main complaints I see are forced pvp and how hard it is to get weapon blueprints. They didn't address either of those issues in this update (they actually made it harder to get blueprints).

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 04:11:23 AM
I do agree with though, the forced PVP. I think the antag and everything locked behind it just flat out sucks

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 12:05:01 PM
That wheel of fortune mechanic now and then, doesn’t work, for the essential blueprints everyone needs so badly!!! If a blueprint drops at the end of a mission, EVERYBODY on the team should get it!!!
You HAVE to change this mechanic, Mercurysteam one way or the other!!!

ZooL

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 08:36:22 PM
oh  well, at least I am not the only one who thinks the loot system is stupid beyond believe...

so today I gave the game one last chance:
I thought: "maybe if I play antagonist I will get weapons since no one else can roll for them". oh boy was I wrong. So I played 6 matches, won 5 of them and I got a single weapon drop. so drop chance for weapons as antagonist is a lot lower. to make things worse, the one weapon drop I got was for a character I did not have unlocked yet (another part about the system that's so stupid it makes me wanna scream). but it gets even better it was the level 15 char (forgot his name, the one with the precision pistol) and I was level 14,8 when I started the match. so I guess you know what I am trying to say: I did not get the weapon because I had not unlocked the char but right after the match was done it made it to level 15 and unlocked the char. it's just the worst example how bad this loot system is.
@mercurysteam: if you are still wondering why your game is DEAD as can be. your loot system SUCKS. it has so many flaws it is hard to mention them all. you managed to make the most demotivating and annoying loot system I ever played in my 30 years of video games (that's a huge achievement because I played a lot of crap games). The key to a good f2p game is to keep players motivated and you managed to create the exact opposite. this and the forced pvp killed your game.

the forced pvp would be good if the raiders would actually GAIN something from being invaded. But you get the same loot if you are invaded or not (the score usually comes out the same because the bonus from the antagonist gets negated by worse stats in speed and deaths). So once again you fail to motivate the players. you just make the antagonist an annoying obstacle rather then exciting event. if you had any clue about a good f2p game and how to keep players motivated, you would have created a scenario where a raiders party is happy to get an antagonist because it would be a chance to get a great reward. 
if you would have put even more thought into it you would have made the antagonist a part of the mission (and I am not counting them using levers the lower pressure, that's too simple). so you would have given them their own goals in the mission which then would make the mission different for the raiders, too. making them an exciting event and not a random player trying to ruin the raiders game.

But I guess all those valuable tips are lost on you since you had more then enough time and player input to turn this thing around.

aadkaa

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 08, 2018, 09:05:04 PM
When this game first came out I had to farm for 2 months for smoking daisy. So I understand your frustration. And I have no words of encouragement because this game does so much to wreck it’s on Fanbase.

My MMR is 58. I’m level 45 even tho I’ve been playing since day one. But anyways I get matched up with level 2’s and 3’s all day and I do all the work only for them to take the weapons and if we lose my  MMR drops cause the team I’m forced to play with is trash. This game is bullshit!

ZooL

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 12:01:09 AM
It is 12 lost weapon rolls now (10 of them 50/50). I don't know why I keep playing this... I got one last mission to finish and that will be it for me then.
On a side note: when you roll for a weapon it seems always the person on the left wins. is this just a visual thing, meaning that you yourself are always on the right or is it sorted alphabetically(which would explain why I am always on the right side with the nick "ZooL")? if it is the second then your RNG generator is horribly broken.

Deetsitmeister

• har-at's my boy!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 02:40:18 AM
I'm always on the right, (Deetsitmeister) but I think it's the second person that picks the blueprint is on the right (if only two choose it of course)

Although I highly doubt it is based on that and not just a 50/50, 33/33/33 or 25/25/25/25 roll, that would be a terrible business practice.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 04:56:02 AM
yeah you are always on the right, visually, no matter the player, but I understand your frustration. The weapon rolling is why I left a negative review the first day I played, it is without excuse that players are allowed to fight their hearts out for 30+ minute games sometimes to get a weapon drop and then potentially get NOTHING for that time.

What platform are you on? If on PS4 send me a message on there and add me, we may have some space to see if we can help you out. It's best to play with a smart team that acts like adults.... our method is with 4 people, you rotate who picks the map, and whatever drops there they get first dibs. If they have or don't want it, then others can take, but we never roll against the picker because it's a waste of time and resources. Playing with randoms will crush your will to play this game, either due to stupidity, loot rolls, or bad host lag, I guarantee it. I doubt there are any high level players that have played an extended period of time randomly.

The suuuucks that you missed the Bloody Mary... if it makes you feel better it's a pretty crummy weapon overall, everyone was excited for it at the start until they got it, and then all agreed Doldren's default KLT is better. But your point still holds, getting blueprints in this game is very frustrating due to not only drop rate, but the horrible winner-takes-all mechanic.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 05:04:57 AM
If they're going to have random blueprints AND force everyone to roll on it then they NEED to not force antagonists on players and have an opt out option, because weapons are SO important now more than ever. If you DON'T have an upgraded weapon you are at a HUGE disadvantage against antagonists who do.

If they don't give us an option to remove invasions then they need yo make a system where you can get weapons and weapon upgrades a LOT more often or easier. Again, because you actually cannot survive antagonists without them.

Black_Adder_

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 10:59:55 AM
Actually you can do very well without weapon upgrades and it's more your player level that matters. If you haven't noticed then there are stats that increase with each level up (resistance, armor, strike damage). I now gather blueprints for levelling up only when I'll have max or very, very high forge rank to save gold and so far I've only upgraded 3 most used weapons (which wasn't even worth it because my forge level was low. I basically just wasted gold).
Also about blueprint rolls - I get them very easily whenever I know I did everything I could for win and I know I was the best in my team. Whenever I see someone else in team who actually knows the mission and do the right things, I mostly don't even try to roll for blueprints because I know I can lose. Whenever I have 3 retards in team I can roll safely and be 100% sure I'll get the blueprint.
Maybe it's just superstition and fantastic luck, but I have never lost blueprint rolls to players that suck EVER.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 07:12:59 PM
Actually you can do very well without weapon upgrades and it's more your player level that matters. If you haven't noticed then there are stats that increase with each level up (resistance, armor, strike damage). I now gather blueprints for levelling up only when I'll have max or very, very high forge rank to save gold and so far I've only upgraded 3 most used weapons (which wasn't even worth it because my forge level was low. I basically just wasted gold).
Also about blueprint rolls - I get them very easily whenever I know I did everything I could for win and I know I was the best in my team. Whenever I see someone else in team who actually knows the mission and do the right things, I mostly don't even try to roll for blueprints because I know I can lose. Whenever I have 3 retards in team I can roll safely and be 100% sure I'll get the blueprint.
Maybe it's just superstition and fantastic luck, but I have never lost blueprint rolls to players that suck EVER.

Nah, antags who are higher levels with superior weapons are vastly superior. This unfairly stack the odds against the player with the lower level and inferior weapons. I've gotten slaughtered in fights I would have won had it been equal.

This is a really REALLY bad design, especially now that antagonists are infesting games even more now.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 07:44:31 PM
The upgrades absolutely effect the outcome of missions.  The Level bonuses absolutely effect the outcome of missions.  BUT a good team can overcome those differences.  CC eats anyone in CQC.  Ayana is broken...Use her until the nerf, because she has an answer to EVERYONE. 

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 07:45:46 PM
Also, I've lost a great deal of blueprints to noobs who didn't know what was going on.  You're being superstitious and lucky, apparently.