Author Topic: Valeria's jumping distance  (Read 4137 times)

Rasah

• View Profile
Valeria's jumping distance
on: September 28, 2018, 12:52:47 AM
There's something really wrong on how long you can jump (on top speed) with valeria: is too short.
This is specially irritating on "A low blow" last part. I always end up falling into the abyss

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Valeria's jumping distance
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 01:02:17 AM
She's 5th Council. They are cyborgs who are heavy and part machine and one of their features is that their normal movement speed is slow and their jumps are shorter because they cannot get the running speed the other three factions can get. This is the price they pay for having damage reduction from weapon fire. All 4 council members share this trait. Even Ginebra, she has to turn into a panther form in order to get around this. Otherwise even she is slow and only lightly jogs like konstantin, Kuzman and now, Valeria. I know Valeria LOOKS skinny and light and like she could run really fast or jump as far as the Umbral Wardogs, but she is still a cyborg and is probably heavy due to all her synthetic parts. So she can't jump any further than the other council members.

EDIT: As far as jumps on Low Blow, the same jumping issues occurs with Kuzman, Konstantin and normal form Ginebra. It's best to allow other characters to get the switches as the 5th Council have more of a risk of missing jumps. The last phase, however, does have a jump that has to be made. Most Council players attempt the jump and if they fail they re-spawn across the gap.

I hope this helps out.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:12:09 AM by Level9Drow »

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 03:09:13 AM
You just need to run in a straight line until your character starts to run to make those jumps as a Fifth Council character. If you turn too much or start short you will lack the speed to make the jumps. It can be done consistently, it just takes practice since the Fifth Council are the slowest of all factions.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 07:00:48 AM
You just need to run in a straight line until your character starts to run

As stated above, Fifth Council can't move into a Run they are limited to a light jog. But on another note aside from the jump to get that one switch in A Low Blow every other jump can be made by holding down the jump button so they can grab hold of the ledge and pull themselves up, if you dont hold it you just fall and die.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 05:53:41 PM
You just need to run in a straight line until your character starts to run

As stated above, Fifth Council can't move into a Run they are limited to a light jog. But on another note aside from the jump to get that one switch in A Low Blow every other jump can be made by holding down the jump button so they can grab hold of the ledge and pull themselves up, if you dont hold it you just fall and die.
thanks, i didnt know you had to mantain the jump button in order to grab the ledge.

Rasah

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 09:22:47 PM
I still think they should make the gap shorter in low blow

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 09:38:40 PM
That would be convenient for Council characters, but then it would reduce the value and appeal of the other factions. There's got to be come disadvantage to being a tank. It adds flavor to the factions knowing that there are some levels that bring out the characteristics of those factions. In this case, Council characters are slow and heavy, and can't jump as far. You can still make the jump, you just have to ledge grab. Other Factions, Wardogs in particular, can jump further and don't need to ledge grab on the same gaps.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 11:18:44 PM
Hint: Mission NO RESERVATION as 5th counsil ,-always run Right when mission start :D

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 11:40:12 PM
I don't think 5th Council can make that jump on the left of the first barge. I've never seen it done and I've always failed. I just go right.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 12:08:27 AM
G can in puma form; ama never try regular jump as she and other 5th :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:11:07 AM by Skyline »

Rasah

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 07:38:24 AM
That would be convenient for Council characters, but then it would reduce the value and appeal of the other factions. There's got to be come disadvantage to being a tank. It adds flavor to the factions knowing that there are some levels that bring out the characteristics of those factions. In this case, Council characters are slow and heavy, and can't jump as far. You can still make the jump, you just have to ledge grab. Other Factions, Wardogs in particular, can jump further and don't need to ledge grab on the same gaps.

OK dude... I'm not saying that the 5th council should be more agile or less tanky or whatever. Only THAT JUMP is simply ridiculous. Make it a bit shorter doesn't change your game expierence as a whole. Just less annoying for the rest

XenoBladeX-3

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 09:12:22 PM

OK dude... I'm not saying that the 5th council should be more agile or less tanky or whatever. Only THAT JUMP is simply ridiculous. Make it a bit shorter doesn't change your game expierence as a whole. Just less annoying for the rest
just time your jump....its that simple