Author Topic: Some good feedback on this Vid...  (Read 2352 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Some good feedback on this Vid...
on: October 05, 2018, 01:06:46 AM
This is for the developers to consider and look at. I think he is fair, not mean at all, and loves the game, but sees the same thing a lot of people see (except the title of the video, it doesn't correctly represent the video I feel and is a bit hyperbolic and mean). Please check it out, it's good fair tough love by ZcriptureZ, much credit to him. Have a gander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv4wqTf6S3A

...so, discuss. Most of us love the game and want to keep playing it, and want others to as well. We would rather see things address then not. Let me know your thoughts guys. And we'll see you on the broken planet.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 01:19:32 AM by Level9Drow »

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Re: Some good feedback on this Vid...
Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 03:53:07 AM
Meh, most of it is ignorant opinion. I mean the locked campaigns unlock if any player in your party has it available, so obviously he didn't party with many players. It just doesn't count towards your progress or medals for solo. While I agree that the gold costs are high, he doesn't mention that you get additional gold per victory as your tier increases or that you can farm with bounty hunter weapons. The grind in Warframe can be much, much worse (and I'm MR 25). As for mid-match joining, just no. It's ironic that he complains about being a player down and then wants to skip cutscenes so he can start the mission solo. Again, not the most logical opinion.

There are certainly some valid points like communication and scoring being more transparent, but some of these are already on the roadmap. I do agree that the progression path is also very poor, especially for weapons. So yes, there are areas that definitely need work but I think this type of criticism would have more merit if it were from someone with more familiarity with the game. It is, however, a good generalization based on what new players think.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 08:24:08 PM
I had to stop at 3 minutes in because these complaints are rooted in ignorance. Is there a bullet point list of his complaints? Because I'm sure we've heard them all, nothing new, just someone using their voice instead of typing it.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 08:55:28 PM
That's fine, man. Tell us why he's ignorant though? I wanted to share this video because I agreed with some and disagreed with other parts of it. But I wanted to hear others. I wasn't completely sure how I felt about the video.

EDIT: I'm not bating for controversy or debate wither. I felt kind of the same way, like his review was too general and that there were certain things he's not understanding. But I couldn't put my finger on it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:04:48 PM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 09:10:01 PM
His first complaint is communication....which I get, but that's not new and they are adding new communication options including text chat with Guilds.
I stopped after his whole rant about level gating and mission/characters being locked.

Which is a thing in literally just about every other video game in history.

"This is a high level, takes a long time to reach this!" *points at level 52 character*

((((((and he can bypass any mission level gates by teaming up with friends which he talks about "if my friends are playing these and i don't have them open then I can't play dude has NO IDEA what he's talking about))))))

If he has points after that feel free to give bullet points.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 09:23:52 PM
No that's fine, lol. I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I think we could use a bit more faction and gold though. That's about it.