Author Topic: Antagonist system  (Read 10680 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Antagonist system
Reply #30 on: September 14, 2018, 05:34:34 PM
I do feel bad now if I win an antag game where someone was going for a BP. I agree that the fact that players fighting players is literally fighting against each other's progression like some sort of gladiator tournament is bad. I have not done a friendly antag until after this update.

I've been playing a lot more Dead by Daylight now where everyone gets more points the more you play and interact with each other, not LESS. Killers that tunnel and camp survivors too fast get less points than ones that draw the match out.

Agreed completely. Despite getting less rewards friendly antaging now than before I couldn't shit on someones BP chance. With the ability to choose where you can antag I can choose missions that are of no consequence to lose for me.

Before the patch I would just watch and observe the raiders when I freindly antag. Now, since the new BP system, I feed them aleph for their goal objectives, this will give them a better score as they will get it done quicker and with less deaths, thus improving their BP % chance.

If I had any inkling of doubt before about peaceful antaging it's gone now, I ALWAYS peaceful antag. If you guys see the antagonists is Level9Drow you are going to win the mission and will not have your BP or rewards compromised.

But here's the weird thing though, which brings it back inline with this topic, they will STILL get a lower score than if they fought the AI. An antag doing absolutely nothing and fighting against a lower level of enemies and getting the objective done SOONER will still give you a lower score than if you completed the mission against AI. And there's nothing I can do about that. I can only feed them Aleph, carry objectives for them or break barriers, but I can't change the fact that me just being there lowers their score.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 14, 2018, 05:51:27 PM
If they give solid rewards even if you lose to the antagonist that would be great and I think that would help people be less Salty

If they made the antagonists not ruin your BP chance either. They should make losing gold and faction higher, right now it really hits hard to lose at all, against antagonists, against AI or against raiders. Losing rewards suck and used to be better (Also the faction is abysmally low even when you win). Then Level9Drow would be like, "Antag, eh, I'll get slightly less if I lose and it doesn't hurt my BP change, so heck bring it on, let's see what we can do against this guy." instead of, "THIS IS MY ONLY COMMON BP CHANCE OMFGMGGHMMMPHHSSSS!!! I CURSE THIS ANTAG WITH BY MY BLOOD AND PACT WITH SATAN!!! I WILL TRAIN FOR THE NEXT 12 YEARS TO HAVE MY REVENGE UPON HIS ANCESTORS!!"   So, yea I think it MSE doesn't want to remove it they could make it so it doesn't fuck you so bad or ruin BP chance.

If I lost against an antag and got 1k gold and 800 faction and my BP chances were the same, as apposed to 2k gold 1.5k faction for winning, I wouldn't care so much anymore. They would have to make it so the rewards for surrendering would be terrible though, since they wouldn't want to have people abusing this generous system. So only legitimate losses would have good consolation rewards, but surrendering would give poor rewards.

Ken Marinaris

• View Profile
Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 11:14:36 PM
Hi, I am a quite new player (level 9 so far) but I think I am done with this game.
1 Why do I have to fight against players lev 154 when I am only lvl 9. Even if I do not want to fight them, they keep killing me as I am weaker.
2 I want to play some characters but I need to unlock them first. Well. I am not going to play character I do not like to be able to unlock my characted when I am, let's say, lvl 50 or something. I do not have 30 hrs to do it.
3 Remove that talking guy after every finished match. He is funny few times only and really irritating later.
4 I need to finish certain mission 5 times online to play it solo? Really:)

Ac3_f4ce

• View Profile
Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 04:34:53 PM
I strongly disagree with this. To me the Antagonist system is a core part of the game and is what makes it really fun. It shakes things up and makes the missions more interesting rather than doing the exact same thing over and over. I also love there being a lore reason for it. Even as a Raider I get excited when an Antagonist joins as it just makes it more fun. It's not just me that feels this way. Loads of players love the Antagonist system and honestly I'd be devastated if they removed it. It's also worth noting that the Raiders have the advantage over the Antagonist, not the other way around. I find myself getting more frustrated playing an Antagonist rather than a Raider. But that's how it should be. It's hard! You have to think and play a different way as you just can't take on four players at once. You have to be clever.

I'm on the same page as you are. I like the Antogomist system and I can live with the Mentor matches. If you give the people the option to toggle mentor and the Antagonist system 85% of the time they will not participate in it.

This is MS's vision. They wanted to create a game that was in my opinion is spontaneous. Going into a match you don't know if it will be a mentor match or if you will  fight an antagonist. You might get both. Who knows. That's what makes it exciting. This is what makes it stand apart from other games. The Antogonist system adds a little something to the daily grind for gold and blueprints. It changes the flavor. I don't like the grind. Playing the same mission over and over and over with nothing different becomes boring. Antagonist adds a little fun to it. Not to toot my own horn but I body antags.

The Antags aren't the problem in my opinion it's the rookie players, the baby Harecs, and the mentor system.  The biggest problem being we can't communicate with other players properly. All we have is that prompt wheel. The 2 prompts on that  wheel most used are "ok" and "come with me". We need one to be able to let them know when they need to do something and if they're doing something wrong. Like killing elites when we need the aleph. Or dropping off their Aleph.

Antags on mentor matches maybe shouldn't be a thing. I've actually seen more high level players quit Antag matches becasue they got matched up with low levels. With that being said I think a good solution would be if you aren't a high enough level to be an antag you shouldn't meet one.