Author Topic: In shock difficulty spike/ soldier glitch  (Read 8498 times)

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: In shock difficulty spike/ soldier glitch
Reply #15 on: October 03, 2018, 12:24:06 PM
Hi everybody!  :)

First of all, let me thank you all for your feedback and for sharing your experience when playing the game. Reading posts like this really help us when making new updates!

So, as you all said, there's an issue with the new timing required for actioning the levers during Kuzzman's combat. The latest patch included a small modification to the “In Shock” mission boss fight against the infamous Dr. Kuzmann. We felt the old "insta-use" levers incentivized doing suicidal manoeuvres a bit too much. With these new changes introduced in the game, we tried to encourage a safer and slower approach in order to solve the situation.

As some of you noticed when playing solo, Shae's survival time limit may be way too tight in comparison, especially when playing on a 4-player or 4vs1-player match.

We'll be fixing this issue as soon as possible!  :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 01:30:02 PM by MSE_Hellath »

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 03, 2018, 12:56:53 PM
… We felt the old "insta-use" levers incentivated doing suicidal maneuvers a bit too much. With this new changes introduced in the game, we tried to incentivate a safer & slower approach in order to solve the situation. …

Why should it be helpful, if you need MORE time now to switch the levers, than before the patch. You know there is a timer running and Kuzmann, soldiers, snipers and an antag are lurking around nearby???

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 03, 2018, 01:40:43 PM
… We felt the old "insta-use" levers incentivated doing suicidal maneuvers a bit too much. With this new changes introduced in the game, we tried to incentivate a safer & slower approach in order to solve the situation. …

Why should it be helpful, if you need MORE time now to switch the levers, than before the patch. You know there is a timer running and Kuzmann, soldiers, snipers and an antag are lurking around nearby???

Of course, you're totally right! ;)

What I meant is that, whenever the new patch kicks in, there will be a vast amount of time to press the levers, letting the players do the task in a more calm way, thus not requiring a suicidal approach at all.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 01:43:21 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

Tekato

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 03, 2018, 02:32:43 PM

What I meant is that, whenever the new patch kicks in, there will be a vast amount of time to press the levers, letting the players do the task in a more calm way, thus not requiring a suicidal approach at all.
Will you also be lowering the time it takes to activate the switches? I fear antagonists will still be able to kill the raiders while they are helpless pressing the switch unless there's a mikah or lycus on the team. Things like this are why it's so difficult to balance pvp into a pve scenario. Thank you for giving us more info on the subject and I appreciate all your responses.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 02:34:57 PM by Tekato »

MSE_Ojuel

• MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 03, 2018, 03:13:20 PM

Will you also be lowering the time it takes to activate the switches? I fear antagonists will still be able to kill the raiders while they are helpless pressing the switch unless there's a mikah or lycus on the team. Things like this are why it's so difficult to balance pvp into a pve scenario. Thank you for giving us more info on the subject and I appreciate all your responses.

Yes, that value will be lowered too. :)

Both time values (Shae's survival time & lever interaction time) are being changed in the next patch release. Also, both values will be tweaked differently depending on whether there's an Antagonist in the match or not.

Antagonists are actually supposed to be able to cancel the Raiders' lever interaction if they are fast enough, but of course it's not supposed to be trivial thing either.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 03:24:13 PM by MSE_Ojuel »

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 07:02:57 PM
I had a strange situation the three times that I played this level since the new patch. I pull down the levers, but they return to their previous state a second after the game told me that the pull was completed... and yeah, I took my time pulling down the thing, waiting for the sound of the completion, then jumping to the next only to see that when I started to pull the next, the pulled one was activated again.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 08:54:48 PM
The reasons given all sound pretty good, especially knowing that values will be adjusted. As always, thanks for the behind-the-scenes insight :D

Licherus

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: October 07, 2018, 12:40:15 PM
Yes, 30 sec timer is annoying.  Do you even tested it?

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #23 on: October 07, 2018, 08:50:34 PM
Wouldn't a simple solution for this is to have Dr.Kuzmann Land far from the Shae instead of directly by the Switches? This way you can keep your timed switch and give a little breathing room for the Raiders.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 11:08:23 AM
The mission is playable again thanks to the new time limit, thanks MSE.  :D