Author Topic: Antag with new players & spawn camping  (Read 1431 times)

mindminetv

• View Profile
Antag with new players & spawn camping
on: September 15, 2018, 02:14:02 AM
Hi, All!

So this has happened a lot to us and it is getting a bit frustrating. It is awesome to have new players but I truly believe that if you want players you stay, it is important to not have them get into Antag matches so quickly. If you can't be an Antag until level 10, you shouldn't be facing Antags until level 10.

On top of this, I have had multiple Antags just spawn camp missions and destroy people. I understand the brief invincibility is there but they can still see and track you down. Hanging by a thread (at the last part of the mission) and several other missions have been pure aggravation. If I am getting angry (and we've been playing this for a bit now) I can only imagine how new players feel.

We've been streaming this to our community but several people have stopped playing the game and the same concerns keep being stated:

- Getting Antags when you first start makes it feel like they can't even get any game time because they keep dying (as they become a target because the Antag knows new players are easier kills)

- Spawn camping, which makes them feel like they are constantly just getting "mowed" down.

- Not having a solo tutorial when you first start, that you can jump into at any time to work on your skills (until you unlock the specific missions) and what kind of character you work best with (many other games give this option including Overwatch).

- The balancing of weapons, especially when facing an Antag who can just simply one-shot you. 

We love the game, we want to see it grow and we do earnestly care about seeing its success so we say these points not to rip anything apart but to help build it up. It is especially rough when we want to get our community to play this game (whether old or new members) but they keep coming to us with the exact same problems because their own personal stress meter is higher and more constant than "Alicia's".  ;D

Tekato

• View Profile
Re: Antag with new players & spawn camping
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 05:48:35 PM
There's already plenty of threads about this issue, I myself have made at least 2. All we can do at this point is just wait and see what they'll do.