Author Topic: Screw this antagonist bs  (Read 3067 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Screw this antagonist bs
on: September 11, 2018, 12:27:25 AM
Done with this game, antagonist is just to annoying to deal with. All they do is troll and wait until you're overwhelmed and can't do anything to them. I tried to stick with the game but the very few matches i get with antagonist is just too stressful even when you manage to kill them like 20 times they just keep coming back every few seconds.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Screw this antagonist bs
Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 12:44:37 AM
Bump! You have my sympathies and support on this issue.

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 03:32:55 AM
+1

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 03:54:34 AM
Spacelords is a great game that has some major issues to work out. If you want to take a break until Mecurysteam figures thing out then by all means take all the time you need. Just remember to check in every now and again since this is one of the best 4-player PvE shooters since Mass Effect 3's MP.

Agent-Z46

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 05:36:36 AM
They're playing the game and doing what they're supposed to. They're not trolling you.

pululon

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 10:58:57 AM
That's the idea of the antagonist... but, again, make it optional, MS... people will be quitting the game for this and if you want your game to grow, you need to take seriously this topic.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 11:27:06 AM
2 things:
1) the antagonist should be optional and played only by those willing to
2) Mentor matchs should never have antagonists, as beginning the game now is already bad as it is without an antagonist on top of it ...
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 04:54:17 PM by JestersShade »

Onionsunleashes

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 02:50:18 PM
I can understand the frustration but I do like the antagonist system even if I lose to one I dont rage and usually enjoyed the experience . But I agree with the mentor matches should not have antagonists. I think they should increase the reward when you go up against an antagonist so even if you lose to one you leave with more than you would if there was no antagonist

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 04:45:21 PM
I can understand the frustration but I do like the antagonist system even if I lose to one I dont rage and usually enjoyed the experience . But I agree with the mentor matches should not have antagonists. I think they should increase the reward when you go up against an antagonist so even if you lose to one you leave with more than you would if there was no antagonist

I don't think we are saying that the antagonist system is bad and should be removed entirely. The problem is that mentor matches have antagonists and that prevents the new player from learning and they usually just get frustrated and quit. Likewise, some players are trying to win a match to get a blueprint and an antagonist only hurts their chances. That's not fun or challenging, that's one player trying to prevent another from making progress.

In the end the antagonist ssystem can be really fun but it should not be forced on new players and it should not be used to prevent player progress. It should be a fun and challenging match with rewards for both sides. As I noted on another thread, there should be daily/weekly objectives based on winning as or defeating an antagonist.

Anyway, the antagonist system is unique and quite fun when properly utilized, but it needs to be optional or at least temporarily removed for new players so that they can actually learn the game.