Author Topic: Card system/mission rewards suggestion.  (Read 1998 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Card system/mission rewards suggestion.
on: September 08, 2018, 02:26:07 PM
As much as i enjoy playing missions and having fun with friends I have to say this game's mission rewards are terrible. With only being able to farm for gold and faction points the game becomes boring and stale quick. I would like to suggest a rework that would allow players to receive rewards that are worth the effort.

Let's start with changing how the card system works. We can make faction cards drop from missions from those said factions and no longer requiring to shuffle with points. For example Hades faction cards can only drop from A low blow, in media res or double agent, etc missions. Also since this new system would essentially make faction points worthless you could add in a card upgrade system, where you would be able to spend faction points to upgrade cards and make them stronger. This could open up a lot of features for the future. Though the cards would need to be adjusted so that they don't break the game with insane stats. Also character specific  cards would work the same way except they will drop depending on what character they take on the mission.

Well this is all I can suggest at the moment, I hope the dev team can make use of this post as i feel it can improve this amazing game.

Tekato

• View Profile
Re: Card system/mission rewards suggestion.
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 03:23:37 PM
I'd like to add that any duplicate cards received during a mission could be sold for money/faction points or used to further upgrade already earned cards.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 06:30:31 PM
The game makes all of it's progress punitive. Any fair minded developer would understand that you shouldn't make doubles able to be rolled. But it's for gating and forcing a grind. The fun isn't the grind, the fun is playing the character you built.

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 10:09:41 PM
The game makes all of it's progress punitive. Any fair minded developer would understand that you shouldn't make doubles able to be rolled. But it's for gating and forcing a grind. The fun isn't the grind, the fun is playing the character you built.

Agreed. The game even knows it's a duplicate so it should compensate you for it somehow. In most MMO's you can sell/trade duplicates or at the very least break them down for useful materials. The entire point of duplicates is to make the grind longer but getting one should still benefit the player in some way. Right now the system just punishes the player for no reason other than making players frustrated.