Author Topic: New Spacelords Features...  (Read 13889 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: New Spacelords Features...
Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 06:17:33 PM
It does feel rotten, Brent. I agree, but it feels even MORE rotten getting jipped for 30 minutes. Again, this makes it even more apparent that PvP should be optional. I don't like being held hostage.

I usually only do this if we have a high level antag (or R&R) and low level raiders. This means it's a complete waste and forgone conclusion. I ALWAYS request a surrender, even a few times. But the more time that is wasted the more loss of progress happens.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:30:39 PM by Level9Drow »

J33P3R5 CR33P3R

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 07:14:00 AM
I’m just sitting here wondering what that ‘Dive Bomb Talon’ thing in the main menu was.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 08:31:07 PM
I’m just sitting here wondering what that ‘Dive Bomb Talon’ thing in the main menu was.

ARENAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOOOOODE for the Aequilllibirum Wars?
With...playable ship pilots???

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 09:17:47 PM
9 more days!!!! So hard to wait patiently. >__<'

L E T H A L ☆ C E N T A U R I

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 15, 2018, 01:41:49 AM
9 more days!!!! So hard to wait patiently. >__<'

I know right jfcccc

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 15, 2018, 08:07:57 AM

I saw that now that you pointed it out.! What is that I wonder!?!? "Dive Bomb"? Well whatever it is, you have to be level 11.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 15, 2018, 10:35:04 AM

I saw that now that you pointed it out.! What is that I wonder!?!? "Dive Bomb"? Well whatever it is, you have to be level 11.

Unfortunately, you are only at level 9.   ;D

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 17, 2018, 07:53:45 PM
"Newer" Spacelords Features...

I didn't want to create a new post so I just added this here to this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egn4G8DLAF8

1. Antagonists can now CHOOSE a mission: Well this is good. This means antagonists will mostly stick to the easier lower level maps since certain missions now have level requirements. The will weed the bully/trollers from the real PvP enthusiasts. Greifers will only go into low level maps because it's easy prey and easy to win and greif low level players. If you are on an advanced map and get an antagonists you know he's there for a fight not to grief you. The exception would be a low level antag queuing for the maps he has access to, in which he would also go against low level raiders. The bad news is, when you get that antag in the higher level mission, it will be more likely you will lose. But this may no longer be a bad thing because...segue ---->

2. Personal rewards: Yes, based on your own performance. Now if this is solely based on your performance then getting an antag may not be so bad anymore? Maybe? It depends still on how much you are punished for losing a match still. The good thing is that "those players", you know who they are, who AFK and leach off the rewards, will get very little compared to everyone else who is trying. And those who didn't die a lot will get more as well. Nothing like low levels who are a liability and ruin the mission dying a lot, but this may change...next segue ---->

3. Mentor Bonus: Those baby Harecs and Newborn Alicias, Konstantins and Lycuses who don't use their special ever who were a liability for veterans before? Well we will be compensated with a % bonus rewards for babysitting them. I think I saw 20%, which is nice. Now I can look at the newbies and go, "Aw shucks kid, c'mon, let's go do this mission." even though he may not know how. Which goes into the last segue --->

3.Mission Clues: This is the BEST! That Baby Lycus who kept punching the electrified fatty elites only to bounce of him several times and then get his face punched into the ground? Now he will know WHY he kept bouncing off the fatty and killed. A message will pop up and say, "psst, the fatty is overloaded, you no punchy." Which alleviates the liability of low  level players even more.

4. Video Tutorial: Perfect! This is another reason that new players should no longer punch electrified fatties or try and repeatedly punch and grab elites about to explode in their death throws. Tutorials, and video ones at that. *applauds*

This is all stellar news. I;m interested in what you guys think.

NOTE: Looks like PvP is still mandatory, which makes me sad. BUT! If Tolchock and R&R are nerfed (or Alicias jump, whatever) and with the advent of Arena mode, AND with Antagonists choosing their own missions coupled with level requirements on missions, AND with personal rewards and mentor bonus, this may be less of an aggravation. I may only roll my eyes after a loss rather then rage type on the forums while frothing at the mouth. It seems MSE wants us to engage in PvP, but is trying to alleviate the problems we have with PvP. Listen, I'll take it if this is the only option. It's better than nothing, and it's definitely a far ways from being nothing.

I'll see you guys on the Broken Planet.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 17, 2018, 09:38:42 PM
Allowing antags to choose is a terrible idea, bunch of maps will be unplayable, have fun extracting that protector… well good luck to any of you pve players that are going to stick with this shit, you’re gonna need it…

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 17, 2018, 09:44:10 PM
Allowing antags to choose is a terrible idea, bunch of maps will be unplayable, have fun extracting that protector… well good luck to any of you pve players that are going to stick with this shit, you’re gonna need it…

I wouldn't worry. This will force MSE to fix the protector issue. Once they notice the exploit and the fact that antags will always be choosing this one and that raiders will NEVER choose it they will notice the reason why. To be honest, they probably already know about it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:45:46 PM by Level9Drow »

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 17, 2018, 10:07:01 PM
That’s only part of the issue, you know how pvpers work, the vast majority are just trolling or exploiting, if one mission is fixed they’ll just move on to the next mission that can be easily cheesed, there’s probably always going to be a mission that’s pretty much unplayable for a few weeks because all antags gang up on it, not allowing them to pick a mission, was actually a good way of preventing some of the griefing.

Edit: well apparently this system was used before and the protector and Loaht maps were already suffering for it... maybe next they should just let antags see raider cards and weapons.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 10:10:10 PM by Whitebleidd »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 17, 2018, 10:11:35 PM
Man I wonder why the devs won't budge on giving people who just want to PvE (even for a little while) more options. Let's hope it doesn't kill the game again.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 17, 2018, 11:00:50 PM
tbh I'm hyped about being able to pick antag missions so I will *NEVER HAVE TO PLAY ENEMY WITHIN EVER AGAIN FOREVER*

But yeah all these changes are looking good, can't wait to dive back in after playing less the last couple weeks. though R&R/Tolchok still need fixing, they will probably drop a nerf patch at the same time. We got a lot of nerfs and buffs when Hades dropped without ANY prior warning, which included the Hans jetpack nerf, so there's still a chance in regards to the meta weapons.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 17, 2018, 11:17:58 PM
I don’t doubt you will enjoy picking missions, all antags are gonna have a field day with it, at the expense of everyone else…

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 17, 2018, 11:59:44 PM
I don’t doubt you will enjoy picking missions, all antags are gonna have a field day with it, at the expense of everyone else…

#NOTALLANTAGS

/s
Don't lump em' all together man, calm down. There are sportsman and then trolls. I don't like PvP and I can recognize that.