Author Topic: Why do we get penalized when you screw up  (Read 2321 times)

hirasugi

• View Profile
Why do we get penalized when you screw up
on: August 10, 2018, 05:21:08 AM
Your stupid peer-to-peer system is always migrating hosts, resetting the progress we make on tough bosses.  This is the third match in just a few days where the host migrated right when we were about to finish the boss off only to have to start all the way over again.  Then to make matters even worse when it re-established itself the lag was so ungodly bad I was grappling thin air thinking it was an enemy, or running for cover only to be teleported in front of the antagonist. 

We lost...but not because we did anything wrong.  It was the game just grinding us  down with fatigue until we broke.  And even if we had won, the extended time it took to take down the boss and antagonist would've reduced the amount of loot we get.  So Mercury Steam...why do we your lifeblood, the 1 of 50 daily concurrent players get penalized for your terrible and constant screwups?  This is the most infuriating gaming experience I've had in a long...long time.  I swear if this keeps becoming a norm I, and I'm sure many others are done with this game for good.   

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Why do we get penalized when you screw up
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:16:27 AM
The real frustrating part about the "checkpoint" system is that when you migrate hosts and it sets u back to an earlier area losing all your progress it somehow remembers all the lives your team had lost up to the point the host migrated. Naturally it forgets any aleph you have accumulated as well. Seems to be a frustrating system that forgets anything good you have done and really rewards any antagonist that may be in the game as well. A much better checkpoint system needs to be added, because losing 10 or more minutes of a hard-fought battle because of a host disconnecting is too hard of a punishment and sometimes impossible to overcome.

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 10:15:10 AM
What makes it even worse, just before you win, is when a player doesn't reconnect after he/she gets disconnected at the host migration process and the team then has to do the whole mission again, but this time only with three Raiders.

hirasugi

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:49:23 PM
The real frustrating part about the "checkpoint" system is that when you migrate hosts and it sets u back to an earlier area losing all your progress it somehow remembers all the lives your team had lost up to the point the host migrated. Naturally it forgets any aleph you have accumulated as well. Seems to be a frustrating system that forgets anything good you have done and really rewards any antagonist that may be in the game as well. A much better checkpoint system needs to be added, because losing 10 or more minutes of a hard-fought battle because of a host disconnecting is too hard of a punishment and sometimes impossible to overcome.

Yeah those are good points too.  It boggles the mind that only these pro-enemy save states are recorded...instead of you know...all of them.  I swear is there like a saboteur at Mercury Steam?