Author Topic: New Spacelords Features...  (Read 13891 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
New Spacelords Features...
on: August 10, 2018, 06:09:29 PM
Check out the new Spacelords features dropping on the 23rd!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMjcMhx6_Hk

Discussion time!!

Fist off, I love Joan's Scottish translator. And Karen is Lovely as always. You guys deserve success.

Next; Cortez on the main menu screen? Is Cortez going to be a playable character? And if he is, who will get his Aleph when he runs out of lives? And who will yell at him from the sky to overload everything with Aleph? Who will scold him at the end of missions? Who will Loaht beat up? QUESTIONS, questions...

Narrative advancement: To unlock a mission you must first complete the previous. Awesome! Lets get some context back into the story-line for new players. Veterans keep all missions, but our hand will be full with Council Apocalypse. Also, some will have level requirement. This means no more level one players in The Beasts Later, Enemy Within and Destroyer of Worlds, let alone the other boss levels. My prayers have been answered.  Thoughts?

Training Mode: So I guess you have to unlock 5 medals to get that level in training mode. Weird, but I think you can try out characters you don't own yet there, at least that's what it sounded like when he said "new characters". So this is fantastic! We can try out a character before buying them. But let's be honest, many of us are going to get them all anyways.

Cut Scene Mode: Now you can view all cut scenes you've unlocked for your viewing pleasure without having to go into a mission. YES!! Now I can show others the story-line without having to play a mission.

Countdown Rewards per Level? I guess each level has a Blueprint cool down, which seems odd. But, I can understand this when you take into account that we no longer need affinity, blueprints are no longer tied to a mission, no longer need to roll against other players, there is just a drop chance, and we ALWAYS get the drop and the weapon is for the character we played. I think this  overall better than before. Individual rewards, finally.

And finally, you must be level 10 before you can be antagonists. This is good. I feel REAL bad for low level antagonists. And if the mission progression affects antagonists as well, this means we won't see level 20 or 30 antagonists in the more advanced levels. This is a way to keep low levels with low levels and higher veterans with higher veterans. There will still be some overlap, but not as much.

What do you all think?

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Re: New Spacelords Features...
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 07:05:13 PM
I think cortez might be there on occasion or special moments, like when you log-in. he seemed like he was talking a lot and no character does that in the menu. He may also be a tutorial director or something when you first boot up the new and improved Spacelords.

Narrative advertisement is a neat idea, no problems or anything else with it.

HELL YEAH TRAINING MODE! Solo was pretty much that to begin with and now clear as day to new players. I hope it encourages new players and old to use training mode for a mission before going online so not to ruin the experience for people who know what they are doing. that was a big gripe of mine.

Cutscene mode is really cool and welcomed but personally i'd love an in game voice library to listen to every character's dialogue who isn't in cutscenes. Also, in the hades division trailer for the character menu you can see that emotes could be viewed outside of missions, whatever happened to that?

Reward system sounds so fucking amazing: Individual rewards, frequent blueprints, no affinity lock! Nothing else needs to be said.

Over all i'm happy with a lot of this and extremely surprised. This seems like a much better representation of them listening to us than Hade's division update.   

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 07:21:00 PM
So first you have to play online in order to unlock the offline training mode, should it not be the other way around, first train offline and then play online!? Sounds a bit weird to me.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:23:34 PM
So first you have to play online in order to unlock the offline training mode, should it not be the other way around, first train offline and then play online!? Sounds a bit weird to me.
I didn't fully I understand the either but ignore it

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 07:43:24 PM
Alot to like about the changes. Best thing hands down is not having to compete with other players for blueprint u are trying to get. Having it tied to your performance score gives you the incentive to do well and actually feel like u have a great chance to land the weapon. Also, doing away with affinity requirements needed to build blueprints pretty much guarantees players who don't want to be antag don't have to be except when they are looking for a blueprint earned through playing antag. Overall good stuff and proof they are taking player feedback to heart, good job Mercury Steam.

hirasugi

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 08:03:57 PM
All around excellent changes, especially the rewards system overhaul.  My only concern is what the frequency and prevalence of the Blue Prints will be.  If the blueprint drops are limited to just 1 or 2 missions + Gold and Affinity having reduced use, we could run into a situation where the vast majority of players are concentrated purely on those missions and none others.  Still though im cautiously optimistic.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 08:08:49 PM
All around excellent changes, especially the rewards system overhaul.  My only concern is what the frequency and prevalence of the Blue Prints will be.  If the blueprint drops are limited to just 1 or 2 missions + Gold and Affinity having reduced use, we could run into a situation where the vast majority of players are concentrated purely on those missions and none others.  Still though im cautiously optimistic.

No, Blueprints aren't tied to specific levels anymore. Instead each mission has a cooldown for a blueprint drop. When you do that mission outside of that cool down time you will get a % chance to get the blueprint form that level for the character you used for that level. While you don't have to roll against another player, you are given a base % for just yourself, which, I would imagine, would be modified by Treasure Hunter. so the more missions you've unlocked the more chances you will have to get a blueprint since all missions, I believe, have their own cooldown.

hirasugi

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 08:16:01 PM

No, Blueprints aren't tied to specific levels anymore. Instead each mission has a cooldown for a blueprint drop. When you do that mission outside of that cool down time you will get a % chance to get the blueprint form that level for the character you used for that level. While you don't have to roll against another player, you are given a base % for just yourself, which, I would imagine, would be modified by Treasure Hunter. so the more missions you've unlocked the more chances you will have to get a blueprint since all missions, I believe, have their own cooldown.
[/quote]

Ah I see thanks.  In that case great...no complaints here

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 02:28:59 AM
Correct me if im wrong.

You still don't have the option to enable/disable the antagonist invasions.
I hope all the things they add to the game make it up to keep people playing.
I will return to the game, all the changes look interesting, but, if i gonna have a antagonist on every match i will probably leave again.

Remember the constant invasions and the little reward you get for the time spend fighting a antagonist is a problem.

Everything depends on how much of a reward you earn by losing to a antagonist.

Anyway, i really wish the population grow big enough to keep the game afloat, not everyone hate the antagonist invasions, so maybe the people who can stand or dont care about invasions can populate the game.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 02:54:44 AM
Correct me if im wrong.

I will return to the game, all the changes look interesting, but, if i gonna have a antagonist on every match i will probably leave again.

Remember the constant invasions and the little reward you get for the time spend fighting a antagonist is a problem.

Anyway, i really wish the population grow big enough to keep the game afloat, not everyone hate the antagonist invasions, so maybe the people who can stand or dont care about invasions can populate the game.
I'm still hoping they announce that before release. It being a feature that make the game "unique" doesn't mean you can't have it as a separate mode.

I'm one of the people that can tolerate it and just happy I don't gonna play as one anymore but boy I would lovethe ability to opt out when I want to!

B30

• I stopped playing
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 02:37:02 PM
I get the blueprint for the character which I’ve played the mission, this is a huge step forward! So most likely it want take me another 10 Months to get a "Granny" blueprint!!
Well, it all depends on the blueprint drop rate and keeping in mind that there is still the blueprint lottery draw.

BPaige

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 07:50:08 PM
Yay Moretez! The Goose is on the loose.

Cinematic watch mode will be great!I love those kind of scenes and often watch "movie versions" of games.  Maybe some time later we can collect little things, like phrases and quotes.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 12:42:49 AM
Im sure they (Mercurysteam) have quite a few more things on the way we will be hearing about soon. There wasnt any mention of the purely pvp 'Arena' mode on the latest vid, so those of us in the community still feeling frustrated out there about the lack of news on the abundance of antags front should stay hopeful.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 05:39:03 PM
Correct me if im wrong.

I agree, it's still a huge issue having your progress ruined by an antagonists. It takes a long time to get the gold you earn for things the you hit level 150, it's expensive. Making 800 gold for a 30 minute battle with an antag who won is infuriating and non productive. This is why I surrender ASAP when I see certain levle antagonist playing certain characters on certain maps, especially when I have a few low level players on my team. I simply DON'T want to continue the forgone conclusion for 800 gold. And the sad thing is, even if we DO win the fact that the antagonists was even there lowers the score and so rewarding you less than if you had played a game without an antagonists.

The myth that antagonists bring bonus rewards to your game is completely false. The antagonists skill (MMR) only REPLACES the difficulty score of the AI. And the rewards are not "BONUS" rewards, but the antagonists is just a factor that is placed into the scoring equation. You can ONLY get predetermined rewards that are based on a score between .5 and 10.

So the question is, if I can get 9 point scores without an antagonists there verses the AI. What incentive do I have AT ALL to want an antagonists in the game? Also, if the antagonists fights hard and we fight hard against him and it was a close fight we get LESS REWARDS. So it's completely not worth it. I surrender or suicide if I know it will be a hard fight. I simply is not pragmatic and is a complete utter waste of time. It already takes long enough to get gold, I don't need some PvP troll holding my progress back even more. Surrender fast, 5 minutes tops, get to the next game where you can get higher scores and more rewards.

Rant aside: Hopefully we will see an optional PvP. Every other game does it.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 06:06:42 PM
Suiciding while people are -trying- is shitting on other people's play time WAY more than the antag is. Just sayin.