Author Topic: tolchok review...  (Read 5385 times)

tooeasy

• View Profile
tolchok review...
on: July 18, 2018, 05:31:32 AM
what a beast of gun... in pve!
what a bastard gun... in pvp!
let's balance the unbalanceable, yessssssssss!!!!!
if it got nerfed -> pve more difficult
if not -> pvp remains a shit no one would play (i see always 0%, or near the 0, the bar which gives more exp... so no bonus exp :( )
so, better if this weapon remains op...

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: tolchok review...
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 05:52:15 AM
it's just the push, tbh. It pushes way too much, too often, too consistently. When you compare it to every other push gun in the game, it blows every one of the out of the water when you just compare their pushing mechanic. S.Bogen/J.Wheel pushes on every shot, but deals low damage, short range, and VERY slow projectile. Ingrid only pushes when they get close to Kuzmann. Sigh/Vortex only when the meter is full. Loaht is short range, only hits the floor.

Tolchok out-ranges, out-pushes, hitscans (the only push gun to do it... maybe Ingrid, but eh), requires no reload. Oh, and I never mentioned damage of any other weapon, but Tolchok out-damages them all. I'm actually fine with the damage though, that's the purpose of a minigun.... but being both the best gun at pushing and the most damaging, makes no sense.

In pvp, since it's hitscan, you know as soon as you have it pointed at you, your life is probably over and you won't be able to react at all, due to how pushing cancels all player actions.

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 06:27:56 AM
Tolchok is op compare to R&R but no one complain about this. Playing with Alicia with r&r is more easier now after that nerf but Konstantin with tolchok is more frustrating if teammates or low lvl and don't know how to counter him.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 05:52:34 PM
I think that one push (at a determined heat threshold) every cool-down or overheat would be better than a just a random chance to push. It really just is the push that that makes it go into OP territory.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 06:47:51 PM
They should have push falloff. And maybe another small nerf to damage to give his other weapons an obvious defining characteristic. The O.Shtorm needs a buff, it SHOULD be the highest damage of all his weapons for the slow rev up time and high heat up.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 07:30:16 PM
Tolchok is op compare to R&R but no one complain about this. Playing with Alicia with r&r is more easier now after that nerf but Konstantin with tolchok is more frustrating if teammates or low lvl and don't know how to counter him.

Actually Tolchok was THE op gun alot of people were complaining about before the bugged R&R. Back in those days (hehe) every antag was a filthy push Kon and everyone was going to their nearest grocery store to stock up on water and bread like it was the end of days.

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 07:47:23 PM

Actually Tolchok was THE op gun alot of people were complaining about before the bugged R&R. Back in those days (hehe) every antag was a filthy push Kon and everyone was going to their nearest grocery store to stock up on water and bread like it was the end of days.

:P

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 08:43:16 PM
Most antagonists that use the Tolchuk are weak skilled players. There are ways to beat them. The most important item is communication no voice comms you can hang it up, from there a sniper/Schneider or misdirection combo is the most effective. You have to put them down though, even if Kon goes down he is still very lethal.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 09:13:29 PM
I recommend Javalin Ginebra. Stay far and snipe him. When he tries to close in, run away and snipe more. He's easy to hit because he's so immobile  so all he can do to avoid you is roll, but that's good to, because then others can close in on him and if he stops rolling you snip him in about one crit or a few shots depending on your forge level.

But this is a moot point, as you don't know who the antagonist will choose. But to be honest, I don't think there is a ton of Tolchock antags. I don't see too many really.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:24:18 PM by Level9Drow »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 12:33:54 AM
I see this a lot lately... Seems to be a problem with any game where players seem to think that anyone using gear that's considered "better" or "OP" likewise "have no skill". That's a generalization that makes no sense considering most any game people will just pick what's better. If you're not playing with everyone's starting gun no upgrades then it seems kinda hypocritical to assume someone is a worse player purely because they are using the meta guns R&R/Tolchok.

Anyways I used it as antag back when I first got it, which was after the first damage reduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv8HQqIjHcI

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 04:24:25 AM
Unwilling to use their skill is the same as having no skill in those situations :D

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 10:19:30 AM
I don't understand why tolchok doesn't used the same push mechanic as Ingrid where you have to fill the bar up before it pushes. If it did this you wouldn't be able to be stunlocked or pushed from the other side of the map. It would be less annoying all around.

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 11:25:09 AM
I don't understand why tolchok doesn't used the same push mechanic as Ingrid where you have to fill the bar up before it pushes. If it did this you wouldn't be able to be stunlocked or pushed from the other side of the map. It would be less annoying all around.

+1

BeertheBrad

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 07:55:09 PM
I see this a lot lately... Seems to be a problem with any game where players seem to think that anyone using gear that's considered "better" or "OP" likewise "have no skill". That's a generalization that makes no sense considering most any game people will just pick what's better. If you're not playing with everyone's starting gun no upgrades then it seems kinda hypocritical to assume someone is a worse player purely because they are using the meta guns R&R/Tolchok.

Anyways I used it as antag back when I first got it, which was after the first damage reduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv8HQqIjHcI

I never said they had no skill, I said weak skill. They use the Tolchuk or before the RnR as a crutch. Those guns can mask any holes in your game.

Not good at CQC? Tolchuk
Bad aim? Tolchuk
Don't know how to manage cover? Tolchuk

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 12:43:54 AM

+1

+2