Author Topic: Alicia Jump Cooldown  (Read 3357 times)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Alicia Jump Cooldown
on: August 12, 2018, 03:33:02 AM
So we all know Alicia has been possibly the #1 discussion ever since the R&R glitch caused it to take over the pvp scene. That gun is still spraying obnoxious fire on what feels like 90% of matches.

Refer to threads:
Alicia Players
https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=1688.0
R&R needs a nerf
https://www.spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=1649.0

Anyways my proposition is a little different. I've played Alicia with R&R in the high 60 MMR range, and she's weak there, where it takes all of her ammo just to kill wardogs. Nerfing R&R itself would only further keep her from viable high level play.

The main reason I'm sick of fighting this weapon in pvp, is because she's just constantly in the air. All the time. She can move super fast up there, making her hard to hit, but she has a very easy time shooting you. It's not hard to predict when she comes down, but as soon as she touches the floor, they ALWAYS just jump right back up.

My suggestion is a 2 second cooldown on her jump. Hans can't jetpack out of CQC, he has a startup delay on top of his long ability timer. Ginebra can transform and escape any situation, but she has no offense during that time and has a delay to change back. Rak has to charge his mobility power. Alicia has no drawbacks on her extreme mobility, while flying around with a powerful, easy to use weapon, that murders players in a couple of shots. If she couldn't spam her jump, it would give players a chance to catch her. In high level pve, enemies just shoot you down out of the air anyways, so there's not much lost in that regard.

Also, buff her other 3 guns, they need to all do more damage. Novera hits single-digit numbers until it crits for like 100+, there is no reliability in such a weapon. Eager dumps its ammo with every shot, it should be quite deadly for a one-shot weapon. Daisy needs the shot speed re-evaluated as well, it shoots so poorly that it's hard to even call it a gun.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 03:55:41 AM by LordDraco3 »

Deathprize

• View Profile
Re: Alicia Jump Cooldown
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 03:39:41 AM
Totally agree!

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 12:50:43 AM
So I'm sick of fighting Sassy R&R's, all of my antag games today have been against her, and almost all of them always are. So now when I see them... I will become, the R&R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLTK8BD67IY

This match was *stupidly* easy compared to how hard I have to work as Hive, or even Konstantin or Hans, because I now have all the advantages I mentioned above. Super hard to hit, with a gun that deals just enough damage to bring down players in a couple of shots.

I just fought pretty much this same team in the match before this one. 2 players the same, R&R player was different, and 4th was a disconnect from the character screen. Took way more work to beat them as Hive.

ALSO, hate to say it, because it truly is one of the most fun cards to play with.... but Sassy needs a nerf. You can currently just punch the air to activate Super Turbo Jet Mode. Change it so that you need to actually deal some kind of melee damage for it to work. Any damage, punch or grab, but striking the air to get a card going is kinda ridiculous.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:41:19 AM by LordDraco3 »

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 01:37:03 AM
I think that 2 seconds is too small a window considering how powerful her double jump is. Maybe 5 or 6 seconds wold be better.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 05:50:52 PM
I second this motion!!  I'll take ANYTHING at this point.
I have a feeling they're going to do something about this.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 06:08:09 PM
5-6 seconds is way too long, it'd make her useless as far as positioning goes. 2 seconds is passable, but really the gun just needs to be brought in line and this wouldn't be an issue. She needs a strong gun that doesn't shoot forever/around cover...how hard is that? Give her a variant spinning coin/Pepper Pot and we'll be fine.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 06:13:21 PM
Well Loaht would like a word with you about specials being useless and taking too long, but I agree with you. We don't want to make the special useless.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 06:15:09 PM
Well, it's not the same, one dishes out MASSIVE damage in the right moment.  One is mobility (And with all the other mobile abilities being on fairly short cooldown (Except Hans...poor hans)

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 13, 2018, 08:37:51 PM
I just get tired of the same meta being employed in virtually ever game. I don't like nerfs but it's gotten tedious, a total chore to fight against R&R or Tolchok or both ALL THE TIME.

The gun isn't even that good at high level, but since only a small minority of players ever bother with 60+MMR matches, no one cares because it'll dominate lower levels and players. If I ever antagged against players in that MMR range, then Alicia couldn't even stay up in the air forever, she'd get shot down. But as it is, she's an invincible flying death machine with way more mobility than anyone else in the game. She's a Warframe, and we're a grineer grunt