Author Topic: Alicia Players...  (Read 42586 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Alicia Players...
on: June 27, 2018, 08:49:22 AM
...I'm curious, do you actually think you have any skill using that broken ass weapon? You do realize they're nerfing the gun don't you? Devs already said they realize the issue and are planning on fixing it with R&R.

I strongly suggest they roll back your rewards from using R&R. And if not then at the very least refund all the victims who have been griefed by that weapon. Facing an R&R antagonists is basically cheap ass robbery.

The devs won't disable the gun while they fix it, and all the while it's causing players to leave. You should refund gold to all the players who DIDN'T use the gun as antagonists and exclude the players who did. That's my suggestion.

This gun is NEVER going to stop pissing people off. My other suggestion is to disable it before it does more damage to the community of gamers.

For all you Alicia R&R antagonists, you are despicable sleaze and deserve none of your earnings. You don't deserve any respect as a sportsman and I look forward to the R&Rs castration, I honestly hope it gets over nerfed and becomes useless. And know you have done so much damage to this game and have driven away so many players you are actually a liability to it. You actually reduce the quality of it.

You can report me for this thread if you wish. And if I get banned let it be a testament to the egregiousness of this horrible HORRIBLE weapon abuse and its affect on the Raiders community.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Alicia Players...
Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 06:38:29 PM
Same, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same player, I'm level 129, but I doubted because so many players are abusing the gun right now, shamelessly. I feel like we should be compensated for this somehow.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:32:14 PM
I cant name names but the majority of R&R antags have been between 35 and 75 in level. I have started making a point of remembering who they are. If they stick around when the R&R is fixed, I hope they are good at the game thats all I can say. ;)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 08:50:13 PM
For the record, I don't use the R&R. I think it's cheap and unsportsmanlike.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 09:12:12 PM
I just can't take these posts seriously anymore. You take these issues wayyyyy personally.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 09:26:29 PM
I just can't take these posts seriously anymore. You take these issues wayyyyy personally.

Then don't? But just know memes and whether or not you take something serious does not count as a counter argument. I have to say, I wasn't expecting a post like this from you Draco. That kind of sucks.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 10:18:15 PM
You take someone using something that's glitched or broken (or even just plain seen as "OP" in your eyes) as a personal attack against you, personally. You want to attack players outside of the game, as you even admitted in the pve/pvp thread, and you continue to make threads for that purpose. You want progress removed, rewards stripped, levels and gold reset, etc. which are all way off the charts of absurdity. Because someone used something in the game that's currently broken, you want to see half the playerbase punished in a tangible negative way. And even beyond the bug fix, you still want things nerfed right into the trash bin because that's ALWAYS your solution to losing against something in a pvp setting.

I'll remind you that after so many complaints of R&R, I was the one who sat down and did just a tiny bit of testing to find out it was glitched to get it reported and fixed, because I got tired of hearing about it every. single day... But I KEEP hearing about it every day even though we have a dev response regarding it. Everyone wants to whine about a problem without even trying to find out what the actual problem is.... because reporting that a gun was "OP plz nerf" is completely different than saying "hey this is currently not working as intended and this is what's happening". And now it's devolved to "I hate this gun so much I want it removed from the game or rendered completely obsolete and punish everyone who uses it" which is absolutely damaging to the player experience in the long run. It took forever for Loaht to become remotely viable again after his glitched card was fixed *because he also got over-nerfed in addition to the bug fix* but you're calling for that same over-tuning to happen again.

How can I keep taking this type of feedback seriously? And do you truly and honestly believe the devs take this kind of negative toxic feedback seriously?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 10:47:50 PM
I never asked for people to be attacked in real life, Draco. Calm down. I did ask that the battle be fought outside the game through the forums and encouraging a change. This is what I meant by "real life" PvP. I am truly sorry if it sounded at all like i was asking for real attacks. I can understand how you would think I am utterly ridiculous if that's what I was asking for as well. I had to think about it for a sec, and if I was in your shoes and though another player was asking for real life violence I would have responded even harsher than you.  I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding.

As far as taking it personally; you must be a young man Draco. I am middle age and I work 40 hours with a long commute. My time is precious, I don't have the patience for wasting it when I'm supposed to be enjoying myself. So in order to get some kind of change I have to vie aggressively in the feedback, otherwise there is a chance nothing may be done. And, I'll admit, I get pissed sometimes as well (I'm more than positive you know this). I really hate feeling cheated. And R&R is a real headache for, not only me but, many players currently. Half of what I say is emotional hyperbole and the other half is authentic emotion. Why? Because you have to yell louder than you actually feel in order to drive your point through, to make it more poignant.

I hope that clears up some of you issues with my posts.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 01:24:57 AM
LordDraco3 you have to admit they are taking way too long to fix it, this is not the type of thing that can be left for the next official patch, it needs a hotfix, take for example the warden 1-hit kill bug in For Honor, that was patched within a day or two if I remember correctly, I also mention this bug cause ppl that used the bug were reprimanded, imo same should be the case for anyone using R&R as antag after the bug was confirmed.

It is great that you found the bug though, I know it didn’t occur to me it was a bug when I saw multiple numbers being displayed, just assumed it was bullet bounce.

ScerCkan

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 06:19:52 PM
ummmm git gud?
lol, you guys are delusional if you really think that gun is going to be obsolete after the nerf. If you haven't noticed that's the only decent weapon alicia has.  I bet you anything the difference won't be huge after the nerf.
So prepare those salty comments after the nerf because you can bet your butt they're not going to tweak that gun too much.
The irony is beautiful a blue haired feminist looking character making people trigger.
Now if you excuse me I'll keep nuking scrubs with my RR LOL

Shadow

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 06:36:24 PM
ummmm git gud?
lol, you guys are delusional if you really think that gun is going to be obsolete after the nerf. If you haven't noticed that's the only decent weapon alicia has.  I bet you anything the difference won't be huge after the nerf.
So prepare those salty comments after the nerf because you can bet your butt they're not going to tweak that gun too much.
The irony is beautiful a blue haired feminist looking character making people trigger.

Keep spamming that shit gun until it gets nerf and don't come back to cry after it gets nerfed.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 07:25:14 PM
ummmm git gud?

Ah, thanks for reminding me why  people like you are the enemy, and why I can never EVER feel any sympathy for people like you. Thank you for making me realize that I can't give up this argument and that we have to raise a bigger row to get this gun changed.

I want to introduce you to PvP outside the game. It's your input and influence verses mine. When the gun gets nerfed I will have won and you will have lost. And you will whine and bitch that "you just needed to get gud, why you nerf?" and to me that will translate to "I LOST YOU WON". And I hope you show your face here when that happens because I'll be here waiting with a grin.

You should like this, after all, it's a form of PvP with bigger more permanent stakes. PvPers should like ALL adversity in life actually, it would seem hypocritical otherwise. Think of it as a "challenge".
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 08:14:00 PM by Level9Drow »

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 08:25:12 PM
I've tried to refrain from posting anything for a while now because I have nothing but love for this game. Antags and all! I love the art, the lore, the characters etc. All of it. And Alicia happens to be my favorite. She's got it all. Her mobility is what drew me in and the R&R has been a wonderful bonus. I don't Antag often, only when I need a BP upgraded or BP hunting and I am into the non spawning when I Tag. But... I do pick Alicia a lot for Raiders in case there is an Antag. I like to make them second guess there decision to indeed play as an Antag and it helps me keep my team safe. So if you wanna squash my ability to help you by nerfing along with the fix, that might be sad. Alicia is great. No need for all the hate. Sidenote I feel like these forums are only for the 2 of you (you know who you are) since y'all are the only 2 I ever really see in such great abundance.
Who is you main by the way Drow? I'm curious.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 09:21:48 PM
Depends on the map. Javalin Ginebra most the time, Sigh Iune for Hanging by a Thread, Kuzman for No Reservations and sometime A Breath of Hope, Tolchock Konstantin or Cookie Loaht for heave mob maps. I mix it up sometimes between these guys. But mostly Ginebra, Konstantin, Kuzman, Iune, Loath.

I used to play Alicia but I didn't get the Smoking Daisy upgrade, I got it recently and haven't forged it up, but when I do I will be adding her back into the mix.

Don't listen to forum rankings, it says I'm a senior member, but that just means I have a loud mouth and am overly opinionated. I think the best post are buy people who don't post often, because it's an issue they feel is good enough to speak up on. Regulars are good, I guess. There's a lot of guys who I believe have balanced views, like Draco (believe it or not), Brent, Beer, etc... who I think contribute good feedback, and there's others who are ore passionate like me, Jabberwockie, Some Guy, etc... I think we provide a position for the previous to bounce off of with opinions. The developers read the forums and actually use the feedback . So my posts are somewhat purposefully hyperbolic and somewhat honest emotion, a bit like Alex Jones. I fill a viewpoint and others argue against or for it and the devs read the interactions. This is hopefully to better the game. I do things this way because I have a long history of forum posting and in my experience nothing ever gets done in echo chambers. There has to be argument and conflict to stir up the issue from the muck and throw it in the light so people can see it, agree or deny it. Draco may not like this, but I this is how things work in this medium.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 29, 2018, 09:45:12 PM
I do things this way because I have a long history of forum posting and in my experience nothing ever gets done in echo chambers. There has to be argument and conflict to stir up the issue from the muck and throw it in the light so people can see it, agree or deny it. Draco may not like this, but I this is how things work in this medium.

Nah you're right