Author Topic: Overpriced Skins  (Read 3326 times)

bronzegriff09

• View Profile
Overpriced Skins
on: September 04, 2018, 02:34:24 AM
Much like the characters and weapons in this game, the skins go up in price the more expensive a character is. Can somebody explain why this was even an idea? There are legit $40 skins in this game. So me supporting you guys when you were raiders wasnt enough? Now you are overcharging for skins that arent even that premium. Please change this nonsense.

Dorito_2

• View Profile
Re: Overpriced Skins
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 05:31:15 AM
It's ironic because I might actually be inclined to drop like $50 on skins if it meant that I could get more than one or two. The price is really offputting despite how nice some of them are.

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 10:01:46 AM
Same problem here.

The skins would need more consistency like each character having a normal one at 400-500 mercury points, and a deluxe / premium one at 1200-1500 max.

But here, I'm really not going to put 2500 in Shae skin, even if it is really nice looking.

Brizzier

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 04:53:38 PM
These skins should be unlockable with gold. Demanding $$$ doens,t make sense.

Brizzier

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 05:02:41 PM
To be honest, Mercury Points shouldn,t exist. There should be only one way to get more GOLD by paying $$$$

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 06:21:17 PM
What's sad is that even with the high price of skins the real problem is that you have no way to spend your leftover Mercury points. I understand that Spacelords recently went F2P but this was a deplorable practice 10 years ago and has no excuse in today's video game market.

But yes, I agree that the pricing for Spacelords is rather outrageous. I mean has someone added up how much everything in the game would cost? I mean these are World of Tanks type prices for a game that doesn't even have a stable community yet. I really enjoy Spacelords but Mecurysteam has given the game a horrible progression curve and backed it with badly implemented microtransactions and overpriced skins. Hopefully they can at least smooth out the game's progression since it can takes days/weeks of grinding to make any real progress, especially with crafting weapons.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 03:55:24 AM
agreed with the fact they need to be more accesible if they want people to buy them, they shouldnt be obtainable by playing tho, since that would kill their economy.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 08:12:14 PM
Very strange developers not understand situation : one skin 100$ or 10 skins for 10$.
It is same money for them.But 9 more ppls happy.
Mercurysteam and Strange ...always close.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:14:33 PM by Skyline »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 08:36:53 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here. This thread was the reason I made my account on these forums. MSE's track record with monetization so far is....bad.

https://spacelordsthegame.com/community/index.php?topic=1144.0

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 10:40:32 AM
They clearly have a problem with monetization:
Too few things to buy and most of them are too expensive.

Like I said in another topic, they need to make their skin prices cheaper and more consistent: for each character, normal skins at 400 MSP and deluxe/premium ones at 1200 MSP for instance.
But I will never put more in a skin!

They also need to add color palettes for instance, at 400 MSP (?) to further customize the skins we buy, and so on.

Boosters for gold and faction points could also be added, as well as XP boosters lasting several days (and not just several games), all that for a certain amount of MSP (200 for 3 days, 500 for a week, 1500 for a month maybe ?)

They could also add weapon skins, this kind of stuff.

But keeping on with skins @4500 MSP (that were at 9000! at one point ...) is plain dumb and blind ... a shame.