Author Topic: Question About Skins  (Read 2367 times)

Geisty

• View Profile
Question About Skins
on: October 24, 2017, 08:11:44 AM
So it was brought to my attention by a friend that the in game lore boosts your rank, which is silly.

And then I had the sudden realization, which horrified me: Do skins count toward your level?

Like if I bought a skin, with money, would it increase my rank? If so, that is absolutely RIDICULOUS.

can_gooroo

• View Profile
Re: Question About Skins
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 08:21:38 AM
yeah, skins counts towards your rank.. personally I don't care, since raider rank is basically a cosmetic too.

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 08:25:58 AM
I'm just annoyed because I feel like I'm getting nickeled and dimed for a game that I bought the Founder's Pack for myself and two friends. Like even the highest rank in this game is hidden behind a paywall. Wtf.

SygBoss

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 09:00:16 AM
Raider rank doesn't really do anything though. It's more of a prestige type thing. What do you need it for?

Geisty

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 09:55:17 AM
I don't need it.
It's just a system in the game that should not have a paywall. Like really? I remember playing games and not having to pay MORE cash for loadouts and ranking. LMAO.
Believe it or not, I'm old enough to remember unlocking skins in game without paying for them.

Now look, I understand that you have to be aggressive in today's market. But with a new IP? I mean, I've defended this game on many fronts but it's getting hard to defend.

I'd actually really like a developer's insight on some of the pricing of skins and the decision to make it affect ranking.
Call it silly all you want, I think it is valid to want a whole game when I buy it.