Author Topic: Strange experience?  (Read 3521 times)

Tekato

• View Profile
Strange experience?
on: September 22, 2018, 09:35:46 PM
Had a match where everyone decided to start killing themselves by jumping off the map. I can understand if there was an antagonist but there wasn't one and I am extremely confused. Why would anyone do this? If it was because of a blueprint and they didnt get to pick their character that would make sense but all 3 players were doing it so I doubt all of them picked the wrong character.

Skyline

• View Profile
Re: Strange experience?
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 11:45:10 PM
There is an ideal and universal answer to all questions Why, - Cuz They Can.
And if it is a little more serious, - unless it isn't obvious, - quicker to finish a match which than that not to be pleasant and begin new.
Newbs who dont know whot to do or curent Bp system can easy force dat situations.Bcs u need good raiting for better chance to get Bp.
I personally used this method earlier, but have decided to refuse it except for a case when a host with a ping 9999 and idiots don't accept Surrender.

Everything is always very simple, need just see it.  "All so difficult",- most stupid answer for all history of existence of mankind-)

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 02:14:16 AM
Ive seen players do that wen i Antag them and i had to convince them to stop and just play....they lost.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 08:02:24 AM
maybe high ping? this or they just wanted to lower mmr and didnt care about anyone else.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 01:54:13 PM
Hi Tekato, we are sorry that you have this bad match.

Our position in this topic is very clear, any voluntary behavior that harms other players' experience will be punished, with bans. And the continuos suicide is a reason for banning.

We have an automatic system that detect this behaviours, but if you want to report players you can do it  by writing to spacelords_support@mercurysteam.com.

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 02:59:57 PM
I hope this your system considers all minuses of Peer2peer with ping 999+ and foolish the systems of BP which literally forces people to create similar shit ?
Other word: Ofc ppl jump off cliff in RotBP ,but not so regular like Here in Spacelords so assume responsibility too MSE.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:07:18 PM by Skyline »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 07:22:15 PM
Ive seen players do that wen i Antag them and i had to convince them to stop and just play....they lost.

Looks like it wasn't worth it to listen to you. What a waste of their time. How malicious of you.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 07:38:37 PM
Hi Tekato, we are sorry that you have this bad match.

Our position in this topic is very clear, any voluntary behavior that harms other players' experience will be punished, with bans. And the continuos suicide is a reason for banning.

We have an automatic system that detect this behaviours, but if you want to report players you can do it  by writing to spacelords_support@mercurysteam.com.

I believe the reason they do this is because of a few things:
1. They entered a BP mission and the character they were going to use was already picked therefore relegating the mission a complete waste of their time. And if they successfully complete it their BP is lost on a character that absolutely doesn't need it, isn't desired or would be a duplicate. I hate to disagree with you, but I don't blame them for doing this. The system forces them to do so, otherwise THEY LOSE even of others win. That's a crappy situation. And no one cares about most of the characters default weapon. As a rule they usually suck and have terrible forge builds with 2 reward stats taking the place of actual game play stats.

And I will admit, that I've had to do it once because of this as well. From my point of view my BP chance would have been wasted. And being level 300+ in Tier 1 I had every other common BP except for Shae (Focus) and Alicia (Pain Killer) and both those characters were chosen because I told myself it was ok to wait for others because I could pick the other character if the other was chosen. But that backfired. I didn't like doing it, but I was forced to. Otherwise I would have wasted my BP chance and came out of the mission with no rewards. Please don't say XP as I could get that from ANY mission, and please don't say faction, as the I could get that from other missions and the current one was "medium", so not only was it a waste of time, but if I succeeded in the mission it would have actually TAKEN AWAY from me.

2. They are new players of very low level and the antagonists is very high level. I've seen this done with me with characters in their 50's because I am 300+ even though I am a peaceful antag and didn't even show aggression. I also kind of don't blame them either, they had no hope of winning against what they thought might of been an actual aggressive antag and so it's a simple matter of practicality, just end the game and get to the next one where it will be a fair situation.

3. I final reason I forgot to mention is to lower their MMR. The game get's WAY too ridiculously hard at higher MMRs which compromises progression and rewards. It also makes it so your opponent, Raider or Antag, has an easier time defeating you because the AI difficulty will more likely be against your favor in both situation. Often players can't get a surrender squad together and have no way to lower MMR. It sucks that they do this, but would it be any better if they masked effort with feeding and purposefully played crappy? At least it saves time this way for everyone, rather than pretend and drag it on as a "crappy player" for 30 minutes. We all would want a system where it isn't necessary to lower your MMR, but here we are.

So I kind of think you might have to address these three situations a bit before you are too harsh on people that do this, at least for this reason. Otherwise you are punishing them for a system that punishes them already by being unfair.

I think you said you guys are looking into this so that's great, but I wanted to give you insight on why many players do this.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:33:34 PM by Level9Drow »

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 08:24:13 PM

Our position in this topic is very clear, any voluntary behavior that harms other players' experience will be punished, with bans.

Well, i have this little problem.

Sometimes when i gonna start a match, one "Antagonist" appear, kill all the team and i lose mi rewards.

Other times, i queue to obtain a Blueprint, and this "Antagonist" appears again, kill us all and i have to repeat the match to try to win a Blueprint.

Also other times i fight this "Antagonist" and win the match, but the struggles and extra time he make us spend make the score go down, with that we have less % to win the Blueprint and inevitably i lose the Blueprint.

I am not an expert but... isnt that a "voluntary behavior that harms other players' experience"??

Or that is limited to suicides and disconnects?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 09:01:13 PM

Our position in this topic is very clear, any voluntary behavior that harms other players' experience will be punished, with bans.

Sometimes when i gonna start a match, one "Antagonist" appear, kill all the team and i lose mi rewards.

Other times, i queue to obtain a Blueprint, and this "Antagonist" appears again, kill us all and i have to repeat the match to try to win a Blueprint.

Also other times i fight this "Antagonist" and win the match, but the struggles and extra time he make us spend make the score go down, with that we have less % to win the Blueprint and inevitably i lose the Blueprint.

I am not an expert but... isnt that a "voluntary behavior that harms other players' experience"??

ArnoldCat

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 09:05:42 PM

Skyline

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 03:44:34 AM
Solution of the problem of jumpers in a abyss:
Addition in a game the mechanics influencing the number of the got experience, money and points of fractions depending on count of death. At the same time it will promote quality of a game of certain freaky brainless players :)
ADD:also less bastards on Hareks will become possible :)