Author Topic: [b]Let's Have Mirror/Same Characters on a Team[/b]  (Read 3757 times)

CabbageCage

• View Profile
[b]Let's Have Mirror/Same Characters on a Team[/b]
on: September 05, 2018, 10:05:53 PM
I recently added Space Lords on Ps4, I see many of the points made about blueprints, and too much for characters (I agree), I want to talk about a game mechanic. In the subject line, I'd like to have the same characters on the team! MOST of your characters well balanced and having 2 or 4 of the same character should not change too much of the gameplay. I do think it would make some levels easier if you did have 4 of the same character on a team assuming everyone was coordinated enough to pull off. But that is some of the fun, look at Monster Hunter World where people play certain weapon types together to do a speed run! Admittedly, I did pay the large price to unlock Schneider, but when someone else chooses him I can't use him, it's very annoying, and I can't opt out of the adventure without penalty. It would be great if there were alternative colors too help, or of course this would help encourage skins for separation.

Thanks for listening. Please add this change to the game as it would increase the fun.

Skyline

• View Profile
Re: [b]Let's Have Mirror/Same Characters on a Team[/b]
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 10:32:03 PM

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 10:48:14 PM
I think this would generally be a bad idea since the game is scenario and story centered. It would be distasteful to have two of the same character on the same team. The antagonist is an evil clone so this is accepted. Even Overwatch doesn't break this continuity. Why would there be two Alicias? Where did the second come from? This isn't a rated T silly game made for kids who don't care about continuity and immersion, I would like to think the standards of this game would be a little higher than the generic Team fortress characters who have no character and are made to be duplicated.

The answer to the BP system would be to make it so you can get BP for characters OTHER than what you are playing. This was how it was previous to the relaunch.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 10:51:20 PM by Level9Drow »

Hiero_Glyph

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 11:35:52 PM
Part of the fun in Spacelords is playing different characters.  While is does suck when another player picks the character you want to play they also put time/money into unlocking that character so it is only fair that they get to play them. Also, consider that these are characters with names and not just classes so it would be weird for their to be clones in the same match. Sure, you could have color variables and have Alicia and Felicia, but that just cheapens the lore and personalities that Mecurysteam has given to Spacelords.

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 06:44:07 PM
4 konstantins with Tolchok!!!!!!

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 08:58:56 PM
Yea, that is enough reason to NOT have multiple of the same characters on the same team. 4 Tolchocks.

Angeles2099

• PSN:Angeles2099 "Turn experience into Power"
    • View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #6 on: September 06, 2018, 09:13:44 PM
But keep up the good ideas. This one didnt pan out but perhaps the next one will.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 09:37:25 PM
Easy fix, on blueprint missions pick 2 characters, one which guns you're trying to get.  One which character you're going to play (Still no repeats allowed for second set, but multiple people can try to get guns for the same character.)  Sounds simple, yeah?

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 09:38:38 PM
Or, better yet, have a passive selection which guns you need/want at the time that adjusts when you switch it outside of game.  :D

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 12:37:32 AM
I hope MSE is listening. I think they thought they were doing us a favor by allowing us to get the BP of the character we played, but this turned out to be more of a disadvantage instead. Great idea!

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 09:32:21 PM
I hope MSE is listening. I think they thought they were doing us a favor by allowing us to get the BP of the character we played, but this turned out to be more of a disadvantage instead. Great idea!

Are you always this passive aggressive?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 10:02:11 PM

Are you always this passive aggressive?

I can't answer that question because it would rely on the fact that I was being passive aggressive in the first place.

I'm not sure how you perceived my comment, but it wasn't made to be aggressive, let alone passively. I was stating that I hope MSE is reading the post I made, and that I believe they may have thought it was a good decision making the BP drop match the character you played the mission as, but despite this, I believed it turned out to make a mistake and cause more consequences than benefits.

This was a statement analyzing what I think they were trying to do and pointing out what I believe is happening instead. It was simple, unemotional critique of the situation.

I find it a bit alarming that you thought this post was aggressive at any level. I believe your reading into it things that don't exist. This can happen with typed statement that cannot convey emotional value.

Angeles2099

• View Profile
    • Facebook.com
Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 10:14:39 AM
Thats true, happens allot in texting. One thing can come off as something else.  Sorry if i offended you.