Author Topic: Adjustments: Rewards and Antagonist  (Read 2524 times)

ColorfulCanvas

• View Profile
Adjustments: Rewards and Antagonist
on: July 20, 2018, 10:03:16 PM

Hello, I really like this game, but I would make some small adjustments.

- Antagonist.
Although it is true that it is very stimulating to win as an antagonist, I think it is simpler (and logical) that the Raiders have a higher percentage of victories. Antagonist is only one person and its function is to add Spicy and greater challenge to the missions. However, the current system for him is very unbalanced. There are no incentives to play as an antagonist, the rewards are almost nil, I think you could give rewards not so much depending on whether you win or lose, but more depending on how many deaths you can carry out or the delay time of a mission, etc.

- Level of the AI.
I have nothing clear how it works or how the difficulty is applied, but it has happened to me playing as Raider with a very high AI level and also against an Antagonist. So far no problem, I like challenges and it is more exciting, but then I play as an antagonist, I have to play against a team of very high levels, but the level of AI with which they have to facing is most easier, i guess they are teams or players that deliberately lower their MMR level, which brings me to the next point.

- Rewards for Raiders.
In this case if your MMR level is high, or if it is not, the rewards are "almost" the same. What's more, if you play against antagonists, the rewards are, on many occasions, less.
I also add that players with a lot more level, it costs them more and more, keep their weapons upgrade, what I would do in this case would be that the bonus of rewards that you can apply to the weapons, it was exclusively for the player as it happens with the cards and the experience bonus, because it seems unfair to me that if you put your weapon a gold bonus obtained, another player will take it half of your bonus

What do you think?

WhoSaidUWereGOOD

• View Profile
Re: Adjustments: Rewards and Antagonist
Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 05:54:45 AM
In regards to the reward they are about the same except in limited circumstances everyone has bounty hunter but only 2 people take the gold.

I still think the rewards should be buffed as a antagonist though because there is limited motive to play as one, due to the current frusteration of spawn camping, certain maps, dumb bots and other things, but its mostly dependent on the MMR difference of who it favors.

It should be more rewarding as an antag because of the 4v1 advantages regardless of AI being good or not 4 people can outplay things way easier than 1 person can with bots. As it stands most people play antag solely for weapon or affinity, which is sad because it has potential just not well implimented for antagonist to enjoy most games or be rewarded enough for kills.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:26:59 AM by WhoSaidUWereGOOD »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 06:08:05 AM
To the contrary, as raiders we can get a 9 point score perfectly fine without an antagonists invading. So antagonists invading doesn't advantage raiders at all as it rewards nothing above what can already be accomplished verses just the AI. So raiders have no incentives to want to be invaded, there are no extra rewards. Although I'm not saying antags shouldn't be rewarded as well, the disadvantage of incentives and rewards are heavier on the raiders side.

WhoSaidUWereGOOD

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 07:19:36 AM
To the contrary, as raiders we can get a 9 point score perfectly fine without an antagonists invading. So antagonists invading doesn't advantage raiders at all as it rewards nothing above what can already be accomplished verses just the AI. So raiders have no incentives to want to be invaded, there are no extra rewards. Although I'm not saying antags shouldn't be rewarded as well, the disadvantage of incentives and rewards are heavier on the raiders side.
Talking of the advantage of more likely winning the match. I don't think anyone advocated for raiders wanting to be invaded, but if they are you're better off rewards wise than the antag because of the amount of safe guards you have to help you win.

Also the rewards losing as raider vs antag are not the same at all because quad stack bounty and treasure hunter regardless make it better than playing as an antag
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 07:29:53 AM by WhoSaidUWereGOOD »

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 08:34:46 AM
time in queue: 40 minutes. Time getting my ass kicked by a team....13 mmr below me (49 vs 62).... 16 minutes. Gold obtained: 1716. Feeeeeeeels gooooood

Losses need to be 4-5k, wins 10k, for antagonist. Also the MMR over-compensation needs to be fixed like ASAP. Just because I have high MMR doesn't mean I am literally a god-like being that can single-handedly fight 4v1 every time I spawn. I have the same limits and powers as the raiders, after all.