Author Topic: As long as you have the gold and the blueprint  (Read 8265 times)

MSE_Hellath

• PR Manager
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
Re: As long as you have the gold and the blueprint
Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 07:04:48 PM
Hello,

Thanks all for your feedback. Yes, some rewards are dependant on playing as the Antagonsit, but achieving the required rank is not truly that hard, needing only to win a few games in order to meet the requirements.

This was a conscious design decision. Raiders' 4 vs 1 core gameplay is ingrained into the mechanics and the rewards system itself. As we have commented in the past, we pay close attention to your feedback, and that will have a direct impact in the game in the long run.

Having said that, weapon are valuable, and (like in any game) valuable rewards aren't easy to access and require some dedication to be obtained. If you plan your way towards unlocking one new gun once you have obtained the blueprint, you will find it's a quite smooth process.

As Muzét points out on his great post about the different weapons available, the unlockable weapons work more as a sidegrade than as an upgrade, allowing you to explore different ways to play with the same characters.

Thanks for your input!

JestersShade

• View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:47 AM
At least the answer is clear :
- always 4v1 (solo won't ever be a real thing)
- always have to wait for a full team to play (even for a long time)
- forced to play as the antagonist (1v4) at one point to enjoy your reward (blueprints)

A shame for co-op/PvE players like me who liked the design, background and overall atmosphere of this game.

If you change your mind, I'll happily come back, but until then, I'll be on Warframe ;)

Drimakus

• View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 04:26:37 PM
Totally agree with TS

knux

• Dismantle. Repair.
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 06:50:24 PM
I can't craft weapons without playing antagonist, so I stopped playing.

Fallos

• View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 01:43:59 PM
OMG
This is so stupid decision... I even cant believe it
Devs want to see this game dead I think.

Muzét

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 08:01:13 PM
Hello,

Thanks all for your feedback. Yes, some rewards are dependant on playing as the Antagonsit, but achieving the required rank is not truly that hard, needing only to win a few games in order to meet the requirements.

This was a conscious design decision. Raiders' 4 vs 1 core gameplay is ingrained into the mechanics and the rewards system itself. As we have commented in the past, we pay close attention to your feedback, and that will have a direct impact in the game in the long run.

Having said that, weapon are valuable, and (like in any game) valuable rewards aren't easy to access and require some dedication to be obtained. If you plan your way towards unlocking one new gun once you have obtained the blueprint, you will find it's a quite smooth process.

Hi,

First, thank you for taking the time to answer me.

Now I'd like to explain a point. It's not "some" rewards. It's every single weapon except the standard one which are hide behind Antagonist play mode. Weapons that could fit better a player playstyle.

I know you don't need to do many games. Yet, you need 3 things in order to achieve it: Win, Avoid Loose at all cost and specially Having Fun. I do NOT have fun at all playing this gamemode. The only places I feel like I have a heavy chance of winning if the last episode of Chapter 1 with the Antagonist Beasts. And I don't even want to play it - even if I could pick the level I would invade. Why? Simply because I'm a co-op player. I prefer supporting my teammates rather than dealing raw damage.

I tried Antagonist mode once. And I won't hide it. I was this close to Alt + F4. Maybe I even did it I can't remember. It was frustrating as it was hell going ham upon my soul. I didn't like it at all. I couldn't go melee without finding myself in at least a 2v1 nor I could stay away from them without being targeted by many - if not all - of them.

Your decision might have been conscious. But, not conscious enough. You didn't think about players that wouldn't like to play PvP. I wouldn't mind having to pay more gold for it. (But i would definitely mind I f I needed two BP - one is already a hassle)

I don't mind weapons being hard to get. I don't mind having to play a russian roulette to get a BP. I don't mind having to do X times the level to finally get it. What I do mind is the fact that I'm being forced upon something that makes me have a nightmare everytime I think about doing it.

I. don't. want. to.

As I stated in the first post. You could give custom rewards for ranking antagonist, emotes, rare cards, special costumes. Yet, I don't want to be locked from the weapon I want because I have to play a gamemode that I don't like at all.

Kelhtuhzaad

• "Request special troops"
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 01:35:47 PM
Tried antagonist in beta, don't liked it. So i think "ok when game is out i don't want to play antagonist cuz i like coop not pvp"
So when i figured u need antagonist rank to build weapons i return to play as antagonist, and now i like it even if i'm not good, even if i lose, cuz i know that i help people to have good time with the game. Also plaiyng as antagonist is very instructive for the raiders role; u can learn spawning points, tactics ecc..

When u do the same missions over and over the antagonist is the true spice of this game, u know the mission are the same but i have to change your team approach based on the antagonist strategy.
Do u really have fun plaiyng over and over missions without antagonist? I dont think so.
So ok at this moment without the need for weapons mabe a 10% of players will play as antagonist.
If in the future devs plans to give different reward to antagonist like Muzét says (gold,cards ecc..) it will be good but we have to mantein the balance or the game will suffer.