Author Topic: Grapple Question  (Read 2044 times)

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Grapple Question
on: November 04, 2018, 05:48:00 AM
Wanted to ask a question to the devs, but will settle for anyone that can give a decent answer. Ive noticed that grappling has become a gamble lately. What I mean by that is there are times I do not grapple foes that are closest to me or ones I am trying to "aim" for. In my mind this use to be fairly straight foward but a few times tonight, I have grappled through or past another enemy to get the one behind him or past him. Im trying to figure out or learn how to ensure I grapple the elite in front of me and not the trash mob behind him.  Anyone got any good data to share?

GotteBoh

• View Profile
Re: Grapple Question
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 06:49:58 PM
I've had this happen to me alot so a few things I've noticed:

- Terran difference: I.e if they are on a ledge it won't go through, or you'll go flying over their heads if coming off of a ledge yourself

- Holding a direction: Sometime I've notice that when I hold forward to grapple and they dodge to the side I'll fly right past them. This counts for strikes too. I've hit an elite only to go flying toward the mob behind him and got grabbed.  ::)

Getting knocked out of the grapple can cause them to fail too. The 5th Council and their shot gunners highlight this perfectly.

Hopefully this helps explain a bit about what is going on.

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 09:33:53 PM
Thanks for the reply and help. You are correct with what you have posted but  not what I was trying to explain. I should have taken a video.  I just noticed last night a few times on a flat surface straight line that the grapple didnt hit who I was aiming for no enemy dodging or anything.  I remember pre spacelords you could grapple at high elevations etc... and the tracking was more accurate and precise. It could be my imagination but I feel that the grapple mechanic has downgraded somewhere down the line or changed to keep it from being like a heat seeker missile.  I appreciate the response I think I will drop this till I get a video showing what Im talking about.

dowell_jason

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 06:53:22 PM
I got a video of the grapple misfire, I will submit to the powers that be. If possible would like to know if this is working as intended or some kind of mechanic issue or player issue. Thank you