Author Topic: Should there be a visual difference between antag and raider abilities?  (Read 2286 times)

Rhynerd

• Raider as of 6/10, if that means anything.
    • View Profile
In my attempts at writing a this thread, I haven't found an exact answer I would go by.

On one hand it would help raiders differentiate abilities they see a little easier, such as a situation I had recently where the antagonist Konstantin and the raider Konstantin had deployed their bubbles the same moment I was dealing with a different enemy. It could also add a bit of flavor to the antagonists, showing that they aren't exactly who they look like.

On the other hand, antagonists already seem to rely on confusion and subterfuge in their attempts to undermine the raiders. There's a chance this could give them another disadvantage to worry about, unless the ability was something like Alicia's or Lycus's, which are already pretty easy to distinguish as a friend's or foe's power. One could probably even make a point about the future raider Mikah, who's ability seems to be named Holo-Decoy.

With this in mind, I'd like to open this debate out to the community we have here. See what points each side will make and what the devs think of it all.

WYRDBOY

• View Profile
Yes, antag needs more green FX.

TehMud

• View Profile
I'd say no at this point simply because it's really hard to judge due to the variety in skill level. A good Antagonist will be able to crush a ragtag group of newbies, but against an experience group of players that stick together it's much harder, and even a hint of confusion goes a long way.

In a traditional even PvP I'd agree, but given it is 4v1 it's a bit different. For example Invaders in Dark Souls initially glow Red, but can equip a ring to look the same but when it's 3 or 4v1 it's very difficult to win.