Author Topic: Please remove MMR  (Read 1462 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Please remove MMR
on: August 16, 2018, 06:29:47 AM
I know why you implemented the MMR system. It adds more variety to the types of matches you are going to find. In theory good idea, in practice not so much. I'd rather that the matches had more dynamism within them that doesn't rely on the appearance of an antag or if this one grunt going to shotgun stomp me to death instantly. It would be much better (and easier to balance) to have a fixed difficulty system (very easy, easy, normal, etc...). Right now MMR is such a murky pool of what is going on that's its just not worth it. What MMR is considered normal ? How much does MMR affect my rewards? What's the MMR difference needed to be in an antag game so the AI actually do assist and I don't get a pineapple shoved up my butt? You know the important questions. I'd rather a fixed difficulty in which it is clearly stated how much is it going to affect the rewards, forge level recommendations and it affecting the spawn rates of highly effective super elites (just think of the specials from left 4 dead, you know what just steal more ideas from left 4 dead and monster hunter those are the golden children of mission based coop fun). As it is right now it just confuses new players and frustrates veterans.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 06:31:28 AM by Power Penguin »