Author Topic: Hacker sniping?  (Read 2078 times)

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Hacker sniping?
on: August 16, 2018, 03:37:16 AM
So a group of my friends and I were in a match with a level 59 Harec antag who was playing on PC. He was headshotting us and even though we were fifth council well above level 150 and he was barely out of the 50's I thought, hey nice build I guess. Problem was that at no point did his damage show up on our display as damage that was received. Hacker?

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Re: Hacker sniping?
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 08:58:07 AM
Video would be helpful, but headshot damage has always looked weird. I played a match on Short Fused as Shae once, and I was getting headshot by another PS4 player using Wisdom from the OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE MAP (once even through betwitch). And the little damage window showed like 8 damage. 13 damage. From full health, just popping my head. It was crazy!

Another thing that looks weird damage-wise is Shepherd, as I often take 1k-5k damage and up from it. It usually obliterates me when it hits like that, but today when I played a game against it, it wounded me for over 1600 damage.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 04:08:30 PM
In the damage recieved window it would not show up at all. The harecs name would not appear as having dealt damage even if it was the only damage we had taken. I didn't even know a low level like that could one shot a fifth council with Max passives. I was under the impression that only with a certain card and Max forge could you one shot a fifth council as they are resistant to gunfire. I have fought Brentwoody's Harec and he was able to one shot my Kuzman but he said there was a certain card needed and everything needed to be lined up a certain way. He could bleed and die and everything because Everytime I was able to get close to him I took him out in cqc but otherwise, one bullet one kill, Everytime, and not even Brentwoody's Harec is one bullet one kill every single time. This was killing my Ginebra and my friend Protwar's Kuz effortlessly.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 07:07:03 PM
Ok yeah that does sound strange... Perhaps they could confirm through support email, if you have enough info to provide them.

This would be the first "insta-kill" hack I've seen though, fwiw. Documented hacks so far have been:
Infinite ammo, no reloading.
Unkillable by damage, life set to max (grabs kill).
No stress
Infinite ability (jetpack)
Infinite fire rate (shoot KLT like a machine gun)

And all hacks I've seen have also been able to affect other players and AI, so infinite Council shotgunners that don't have to reload, stunlocking you across the map. This sounds like a new one to add to the list :(