Author Topic: Alicia Players...  (Read 42672 times)

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Alicia Players...
Reply #45 on: July 07, 2018, 03:03:35 AM
I think the reach is a bit too far. She can shoot you from across the gap on Hanging By a Thread on phase one. It's kind of ridiculous for a close to medium range character/weapon.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Reply #46 on: July 07, 2018, 04:07:35 AM
R&R reload is on the slow side, and the clip is pretty small, now that its potential triple damage bug has been fixed i don’t see how it stands out any more that weapons like tolchok, wisdom, or Rak’s rare (forgot the name) just to name a few, if R&R were really in “need “of a nerf then the previous mentioned weapons would also need one (which I’m not saying should be the case, well maybe tolchok…).

The idea of lowering damage but adding bounce sounds like it could work and be fun.

Level9Drow why do you even care about nerfing that weapon so badly because of pvp, aren’t you also a pve player anyways…

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 08, 2018, 09:05:39 AM
R&R reload is on the slow side, and the clip is pretty small, now that its potential triple damage bug has been fixed i don’t see how it stands out any more that weapons like tolchok, wisdom, or Rak’s rare (forgot the name) just to name a few, if R&R were really in “need “of a nerf then the previous mentioned weapons would also need one (which I’m not saying should be the case, well maybe tolchok…).

The idea of lowering damage but adding bounce sounds like it could work and be fun.

Level9Drow why do you even care about nerfing that weapon so badly because of pvp, aren’t you also a pve player anyways…

Well as a PvE player I get preyed upon by PvP players, so it's still important to me. Because I want to know what will be used on my face and how hard.

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 08, 2018, 01:05:06 PM
This topic is over dudes/dudettes... They fixed the bug. Leave the rest alone. Lycus' pepper pot does more damage from further away than R&R on Aneska. That is BS if you think her range is too far. Please stop it. Konsti's Tolchok, or whatever, is so much more a nuisance than R&R ever was. The push and he has the bubble that also pushes... Wtf? You just don't like to lose Drow. But it is a part of life and also coincidentally this game. Weird concept I know but it is a real thing. Stop trying to dictate how people play Alicia. Her gun is fixed. If you wanna nerf it then we nerf all the others as well. Stop. Just stop. Would it make you happy if they just removed her from the game altogether? Cause the way you talk it feels like she's your only competition. Sad. I could beat her when she Tagged me and I'm way lower than you. Fight fire with fire baby! Just pick something else to hate on cause I don't wanna stop playing this game because of your complaining about losing to Alicia (which you can't even do now, and I haven't played against an Alicia Tag since the fix by the by) so put her to bed. Close this f'n thread and let's enjoy this amazing game forever as is.       *this is not a personal attack but a rebuttal to excessive complaining about nothing.
I still think you rock! Just shut up about my girl already. I don't get what your beef is at this point. She's weak AF now but I still find a way to save my team. Though it takes 6 shots now instead of 4... 1st world problems right;)

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 08, 2018, 03:37:01 PM
Well I found a really effective counter against her. Rak's rare gun the DPY-2M coupled with the rare health regeneration while shooting card. The projectiles the gun fires hits her really easily when flying and it takes 2-3 shots to kill.

ScerCkan

• View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 09, 2018, 01:29:50 AM
well, R&R been nerfed and i have to admit... I cant see much of a difference so... TOLD YOUUU LOL. Next R&R nerf petition you guys should hire an orchestra but just violin players so your petition's seem sad enough for the devs to care. Now if you excuse me there's 4 scrubs waiting to get obliterated by my beautiful R&R Lol

P.S. Git Gud alicia haters/scrubs
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 01:57:29 AM by ScerCkan »

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 09, 2018, 04:15:05 AM
This topic is over dudes/dudettes... They fixed the bug. Leave the rest alone. Lycus' pepper pot does more damage from further away than R&R on Aneska. That is BS if you think her range is too far. Please stop it. Konsti's Tolchok, or whatever, is so much more a nuisance than R&R ever was. The push and he has the bubble that also pushes... Wtf? You just don't like to lose Drow. But it is a part of life and also coincidentally this game. Weird concept I know but it is a real thing. Stop trying to dictate how people play Alicia. Her gun is fixed. If you wanna nerf it then we nerf all the others as well. Stop. Just stop. Would it make you happy if they just removed her from the game altogether? Cause the way you talk it feels like she's your only competition. Sad. I could beat her when she Tagged me and I'm way lower than you. Fight fire with fire baby! Just pick something else to hate on cause I don't wanna stop playing this game because of your complaining about losing to Alicia (which you can't even do now, and I haven't played against an Alicia Tag since the fix by the by) so put her to bed. Close this f'n thread and let's enjoy this amazing game forever as is.       *this is not a personal attack but a rebuttal to excessive complaining about nothing.
I still think you rock! Just shut up about my girl already. I don't get what your beef is at this point. She's weak AF now but I still find a way to save my team. Though it takes 6 shots now instead of 4... 1st world problems right;)

Well I figured you'd appreciate out of the box PvP. They can beat me through the game, but what if I can beat them by changing the game? That would be an even more epic and permanent win. Where's your competitive spirit?

Oh and ScerCkan doesn't agree with you. According to the post above by him it still needs a nerf, based on his statement.

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 09, 2018, 06:34:27 AM
In confused. And last night I was hammered lol. So you're saying that complaining to the devs enough will make them change the game so it's easier for YOU? And subsequently harder for others... I don't see how taking away competition in game is a competitive spirit I guess. Sounds more like a monopoly on winning. Which is good business but also supremely evil, like most business. Hmm... Idk. Whatever I guess. Eventually everyone will quit and you won't be able to play and then can't win. So long term, bad strategy. Short term, sure I guess.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 09, 2018, 07:07:58 PM
Since the "Nerf" of the R&R I have noticed less Alicia Antags. I see her more on stages where her abilities can really take advantage of the terrain as opposed to every mission all the time. She is still a force to be reckoned with but the slight damage decrease does mean players have a little more of a chance of putting up a fight against her. It also means the antagonists using Alicia need to up their game to be successful in the mission when their first shot isnt an instant crit state. Matches have felt more balanced and Im pleased overall.

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 09, 2018, 08:00:54 PM
In confused. And last night I was hammered lol. So you're saying that complaining to the devs enough will make them change the game so it's easier for YOU? And subsequently harder for others... I don't see how taking away competition in game is a competitive spirit I guess. Sounds more like a monopoly on winning. Which is good business but also supremely evil, like most business. Hmm... Idk. Whatever I guess. Eventually everyone will quit and you won't be able to play and then can't win. So long term, bad strategy. Short term, sure I guess.

i was being sarcastic, byt the way. But sarcasm aside and frank honesty here.

I would agree with you, but I honestly feel the R&R is still a bit too OP. I ONLY think it's range is a bit much. I think it should at least have some damage drop off. Please think criticly of the weapons and it's overall stats; Damage, Range, RoF, Damage Drop Off, and also the fact of who's using it, that matters to. If it's used by a flying hard to hit target that ALSO matters.

for example, the Schleuder itself wasn't all that terrible of a weapon. It was very situational, and had a specific condition in witch it woud shine. But in the hands of Ginebra, a hero that can get away ANY time she wants, it was devastating. So a combination of a weapon and a characters ability can make for an OP situation while the two pieces by themselves wouldn't be considered OP.

In the case of Rock and Roll, if someone like Ayana Kwena or Rak Mayura has the Rock and Roll (in it's current form) it would be a strong weapon but the character could still be easily defeatable, because you have to take in consideration mobility. but in the hands of Alicia you have the ability to basically carpet bomb your opponents with maximum lethal force with absolutely no consequence. Sure, Tolchock can knock her down, but she regenerates. All you have to do as an Alicia is fire from the air but also where you will be behind cover, like on the map a Breath of Hope. So even if you are knocked out of the air, you fall and heal again. The problem is that there is no weakness. The Alicia should be forced to come a little close for max damage. If she's sending nukes from the safety of distance and cover it isn't entirely fair, while Harec can but only with one bullet, and 60 health to boot.

Now before you respond, I will admit that I have been seeing a lot less Alicia players. Not only that, but the ones I've seen we've been able to actually defeat, but it feels like pulling teeth. And a lot of them are so spoiled by the R&R that they just give up now because they have no triple damage bug to carry them. So I may very well be wrong. But if I am then nearly 80% of the rest of the weapons need to be buffed. But we have to be careful here because then we will get into a power creep and AL weapons will be one shotting other players.

I'm just putting my thoughts out here for consideration. I can deal and strategize around Tolchock players. Kons is slow and immobile. And the Tolchock really isn't that dangerous at far distances, Javelin Ginebra destroys him, he's so slow. Lichbogen Kuzmans can be dealt with, Melee Doldrens, etc.. all have weaknesses and can be strategized around.

Even when I lose to these character I feel it's my (our teams) fault, either I got too bold, I underestimated Kuzman, I got too close to Lycus, I was too greedy against Konstantin, etc... But Alicia with R&R? I got nothin. She has great range, high damage, no drop off, high RoF, high defense through mobility and regen. Whenever we do actually win, I have no idea how, it's usually because the Alicia's were overconfident and spoiled and got too close and made mistakes and we got lucky. But what I know is that it was NOTHING that we did to beat her. There was no special strategy, no special idea. You either all drop what your doing and compromise the mission and mob her, or you get picked apart. There is NO other character you have to mob, only Alicia with R&R. Other antagonists you can have one or two people on antag duty, but it should be self evident that there is something noteworthy going on if a single character demands the attention of the whole team whereas ALL the other characters do not.

Again, I ONLY suggest damage drop off, nothing else. Force some risk from her. Every other character has to risk.

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 09, 2018, 08:32:01 PM
Sounds like maybe you just need a decent Alicia player on your team;)  I still almost always pick her. Except for the times when I gotta do your trick for the baby Harecs, then someone else almost always grabs her. I make do. But yeah, I spend my time with Alicia on a team taking care of Antags if any, so the rest can hopefully complete objectives. I've seen a lot or Antag rage quits. Which always makes me smile. This is the only reason I'm so passionate about not nerfing her into the ground. I can be murderous with her in PVE and I don't think I've played her as a tag for a long long time. I did however make 4 amazing players eat crow with Shae last night. That's even more satisfying. Only part I hate is when people get cocky. They don't seem to understand sportsmanship. Then when they lose it just makes them seem more stupid lol. Back to work:(

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 09, 2018, 09:06:22 PM
Sounds like maybe you just need a decent Alicia player on your team;)  I still almost always pick her. Except for the times when I gotta do your trick for the baby Harecs, then someone else almost always grabs her. I make do. But yeah, I spend my time with Alicia on a team taking care of Antags if any, so the rest can hopefully complete objectives. I've seen a lot or Antag rage quits. Which always makes me smile. This is the only reason I'm so passionate about not nerfing her into the ground. I can be murderous with her in PVE and I don't think I've played her as a tag for a long long time. I did however make 4 amazing players eat crow with Shae last night. That's even more satisfying. Only part I hate is when people get cocky. They don't seem to understand sportsmanship. Then when they lose it just makes them seem more stupid lol. Back to work:(

I actually feel bad for them when they rage quit. Because it means the situation is somehow unfun, or there is something wrong. I don't think we should be in a situation where that occurs in the first place. Even Alicia R&R players who rage quit, post nerf, I feel bad. Because they relied on the bug so much and expected 90% win rate they can't handle a 70% win chance. We all know that if they didn't give up they would STILL be likely to win, even post nerf. Spoiled I guess.

But I need to dial it back. As aggravating as they can be. I have been getting more wins than losses in the game in general, even though Alicia antags can be hell. So I think it may be a dead horse. The "perception" of R&R's nerf seems to be enough to dishearten R&R antagonists, even though it's still terribly effective. So you hardly wee them anyways. And maybe that was enough.

The NEW problem now is you have to throw games after a certain MMR. So I have to go friendly antag for multiple games in a row to get my MMR back down. but then 4 stack raiders are doing the same thing and surrender and bring my MMR back up, LOL. So weird the situation we find ourselves in.

But I think it may all be a moot point. Arena mode may make it all moot.

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 09, 2018, 10:32:08 PM
I still don't think it's OP post-bug fix. Played with it on HBaT last night at 60% difficulty and I couldn't even kill the wardogs dropped off with any reliability, sometimes only killing 1 of them unloading the full mag. If they all clumped up like the top dropship, I could sometimes get them all, but the one near the barrier is always scattered more and if any shots missed they would survive (and heal). Mag dump did 1/3rd of a Hades berserker's health.

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 09, 2018, 10:36:38 PM
Agreed! I'm reloading a lot more than I feel I should be. Could be on me I suppose. But it only feels op against locals... As all weapons should;)

OoTRIGGAMANoO

• View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 09, 2018, 10:41:57 PM
Areana mode?? Is this a thing or just a hopeful community desire? And with people nowadays needing safe spaces and just being general babies, I don't feel anything but joy when they rage quit. If they can't take the heat get outta kitchen kinda thing. I toughed it out and got pretty decent... And no, not just with Alicia. I don't want to play with quitters anyway. Abandoning an mpossible mission though is absolutely acceptable.