Author Topic: MMR average to determine mission diff.  (Read 2226 times)

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
MMR average to determine mission diff.
on: April 28, 2018, 10:09:41 PM
Here is my concern about this. When im not in a full squad and just matchmaking this is what happens 75% of the time.

XjabberwockieX - lv.107  MMR 60ish
Randomguy - lv.15
Randomgirl - lv.5
Ragequitimminent - lv.1

Very, very quickly the shit is out of hand, Especially WITHOUT an antagonist surprisingly. The lv.1 rage quits 3 minutes in, probably never to return because their bullets are bouncing off lowly foot soldiers instead of hurting them. And while the lv.5 is running in circles dying nonstop soaking up all the lives, myself and lv15 struggle to overcome the constant waves of reinforcements that are probably in the 35 - 40 mmr range. Needless to say I lose alot more of these than I win.
  My question being, why are the missions structured this way? At a certain point it makes matchmaking a nightmare,  getting dropped into mission after mission with a level of difficulty that particularly  isnt fair to the lower level players and when they rage quit it leaves me up shits creek.  Why not have the difficulty structured more around the average level of everyone there. It may mean an easier time for the higher level squadmate but hey, that level 85 put in the time so if they are godlike for an occasional level with beginning level team, they earned that.

Whitebleidd

• View Profile
Re: MMR average to determine mission diff.
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 11:04:29 PM
I run into this situation very frequently and I believe part of the issue is that it’s trying to average the level for everyone, imo there should be level caps on difficulty depending on the player with the lowest level/MMR, for example if there is a lvl1 on the group mission difficulty should not be able to go above maybe 25, like you said its way more important for low levels to be able to effectively do damage and not die constantly than it is to challenge the higher lvl players in a scenario like this.

On a related note Harec should require a higher lvl to unlock, a lvl1 player on a Konstantin, Alicia or Lycus can be of use while they learn the game, a lvl 1 Harec though is always dead weight.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: MMR average to determine mission diff.
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 11:27:20 PM
I agree with your point on Harec as well. "Baby Harecs " or "G.I. Joe Harecs" at really early levels are always a detriment to the team lol.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:31:08 PM by XjabberwockieX »