Author Topic: Antagonist isnt that bad  (Read 7178 times)

Shakkalai

• View Profile
Antagonist isnt that bad
on: October 02, 2017, 03:05:11 AM
Yes i say it dont get me wrong its bs that you need the rank to build weapons
but its actually fun. Of course its unfair against teams that cooperate they can camp spawns,
spam grips and dont forget the "balancing" of the Raiders. But beside that its a lot of fun
especially playing mobile Raiders like Alicia and Hans. And playing 1v4 gives the extra adrenaline rush.
So yeah Dev´s pls fix some shit i dont want this game to die.

Sincerly Shakkalai

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Re: Antagonist isnt that bad
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 12:51:24 AM
it's bad cause the reward system and the melee system is below subpar and just enables a lot of rage and headaches.

Seventh

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 01:46:32 AM
it's bad cause the reward system and the melee system is below subpar and just enables a lot of rage and headaches.

I see you complaining about the melee in every thread. You either have EXTREMELY horrible reflexes, zero clue about how the rock/paper/scissors mechanics work, or lack the mind to anticipate your opponent and counter them. They glow red and are coming to grab, YOU HIT THEM. If they're constantly dodging you every time you attack, YOU GRAB THEM. If they're constantly mashing attacks, YOU DODGE AND COUNTER THEM. What exactly is hard to understand??

Also, In another thread you were suggesting they add a multitude of colors to give you visual cues; that's the most ugliest suggestion I've ever read on here. I don't want to play a game with a bunch of rainbow colors to let me know if someone's attacking or dodging. Seeing someone rolling and punching is pretty self explanatory and I don't need extra colors to tell me that. The red aura for grabs is enough visual hints I need.

As for random grabs from behind - SPACIAL AWARENESS AND STAYING CLOSE TO YOUR TEAM MATES, are good habits you guys might want to practice. It's literally ONE AGAINST FOUR and you can do everything the antagonist does. The person with a disadvantage is supposed to be the antagonist, NOT THE 4 MAN TEAM. If you can't co-operate and work together with your team, YOU DESERVE TO DIE OVER & OVER. That's your fault for trying to go solo in a co-op game, or for not paying attention to your surrounding.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 01:59:22 AM
You can hear a sound when someone tries to grab you, so you can punch when you hear that. I have saved myself from antagonist behind me without knowing they were there. And a lot of time I punch in the air alone....

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 02:01:15 AM
blaming the player for a faulty system is one of the main reasons many games die.
,developers love your kind tou.

Ebisu_rkz

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 02:10:35 AM
blaming the player for a faulty system is one of the main reasons many games die.
,developers love your kind tou.

So, everyone that is not with you is wrong?

It's fun that you say that the melee system is subpar when most shooters the melee part is inexistent.

About the reward system, there was a thread during beta period to discuss that matter.

There are things that need to be fixed or changed like the queue times or camping the antagonist or some way to make it easier to new players. I don't think re-doing all the melee system is one of them or should be a priority.

Seventh

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 02:12:45 AM
What is faulty about the system then? you can't even name one thing, only thing you keep doing is saying "it's a headache" or "it doesn't work as it's intended"

If you're not good at something, it's no one's fault but yours. Rather than complain that the devs make an ALREADY SIMPLISTIC mechanic more accessible for you, how about you put that effort into not being bad at the melee? Gain a better understanding of how to counter things, learn to co-operate with your team and be more aware of your surrounding. It's honestly not that hard.

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 02:30:09 AM
I'm done with you and I don't need to keep repeating myself on every post about the melee, plus i'm not the only one.

Seventh

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 02:54:12 AM
I'm done with you and I don't need to keep repeating myself on every post about the melee, plus i'm not the only one.

You haven't said anything worth noting. Again, all you keep doing is repeating how not so good you are at melee.

Edit: I haven't once felt like "it didn't work as intended." When I die, I know it's my fault. I ACCEPT that the other player bested me and I try as much as possible not to repeat the same mistakes that got me killed. I don't go making excuses, complaining that devs should make their already BRAIN DEAD EASY melee more accessible for me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:58:12 AM by Seventh »

Drimakus

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 07:15:33 PM
Melee system in this game is awesome! it's a real fun when two opponents who got a good hang on it fight each other, it's almost MORTAL KOMBAT!

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 12:24:44 AM
pretending everything is fine is not healthy for the game

Deridus

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 01:17:41 AM
I play antagonist because is the most challenging and fun mode, and the melee system is extremely easy to learn. Besides, I've read some of the negative reviews and many are based on ignorance. Even if they say the game is bad, I think it's great and will be better, and I recommend it to my friends.

alef321

• Fun is the priority
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 01:26:26 AM
I also recommend it to my friends, but they can't see the appeal and after trying or reading reviews they can get even more turned off.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:45:50 PM by alef321 »

ShadowofDoubts

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 11:39:53 PM
The antagonist system is a brutal experience, to say the least. If the team can at least stay together, then you may as well not try unless you have a character that can hit with aoes or have long-range capabilities. Anything besides these two save the aid of many mobs leads to being chased and meleed to death. This is just staying together mind you and not any actual coordination. The odds feel stacked against you to a painful degree where in some situations you are doing fine and others you are getting your skull stomped in. To offset this I would propose removing the loss of stigmas when losing, that way the best have more stigmas and the not so good don't rage their minds away. That's just my opinion.
Regarding melee, it's fine as is I just want to know what dictates the outcome of two characters grappling each other. Also why when punching you can track and catch someone dodging, giving them little time to fight back. This happens on and off, it's this inconsistency that irks me more than anything. Besides that everything is fine.

ShadowofDoubts

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 11:47:14 PM
also is it just me or does the grapple have some weird phantom range when nearing someone? IT seems like they will miss, but that lunge takes you farther than it should? honest question.