Author Topic: Challenges, Events and Happy Hour  (Read 4279 times)

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Challenges, Events and Happy Hour
on: April 20, 2018, 01:15:50 AM
I'm sure that those who have stuck around the community are sick of seeing posts like this but I just want to keep reminding the devs that it would be really cool if we had challenges, events and happy hour.

Character challenges could go from just giving faction and xp points to actually giving you cool character skins.

The game could really use seasonal events to get exclusive skins. I would kill to get a halloween skin for Lycus wearing a pumpkin on his head.

For those that haven't played Titanfall 2 happy hour is basically a designated time where you can get more xp from playing the game. This would be a really cool addition since the aequilibrium heavily favour raiders.

Well thats all sorry to keep beating the dead horse.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:55:54 PM by Power Penguin »

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Re: Challenges, Events and Happy Hour
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 06:22:50 AM
Agree with everything Penguin said. Having daily or weekly challenge goals and log in bonuses like special skins or small amounts of mercury points to save up for those great skins already out there will help to keep the players coming back for more. It helps keep the grind fun.

SniffaXxX

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 06:12:52 PM
It'd be cool if there were weekly challenges for specific missions.
Kill 50 looters in weapon from a past.
Complete low blow in under 10 minutes.
Complete hanging by a thread without engineers stopping the engine overload.
Etc. would be cool to have a little something to work for other than blueprints.

puffy99

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 08:10:22 PM
Half the time or more you don't even get the RNG chance at a blueprint.
Not good as well as all the things you mentioned that this game has not done yet.

TheBrentWoody

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:25:37 PM
As someone who has played a lot...Character specific achievements would also be great and have them reward (maybe blueprints for really hard ones) gold and faction points based on difficulty levels.  Give a gun based on completion of all of them for a character. and MEHBEH the cheaper skins. 

This is ofcourse a design based upon a future that includes you having more content to giveaway and not struggling to make money. 

Until then, the character achievements serves as something fun to do between farming for that weapon blue print or the money to build it.  Hah.

XjabberwockieX

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 03:17:07 AM
I do think it would be cool to reward mercury points at certain milestones, even just 50, every 10 or 15 levels.  It goes torwards skins and gold in the store and I know it would make me want to squeeze those extra matches in even more. I do however appreciate the skin sale you guys put on for the sabretooth ginebra skin. I feel you met me halfway (well 30% )  and I went ahead and threw some more money at yall. Keep it up.

Shoggoth_Poot

• Eat it Raw!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 06:09:53 PM
I do think it would be cool to reward mercury points at certain milestones, even just 50, every 10 or 15 levels.

I second this motion! There are a number of games that give an amount of their premium currency as a reward for achieving certain milestones. I think this would be a good idea to encourage peeps to do things and stuff.  :o

Oxnardo

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 10:13:15 PM
The next campaign will be the last in the series, so I suppose the devs already have something in mind to do after that, periodic events, new characters to unlock, new game modes; maybe a symmetrical PvP game mode or co-op competions... that'd be healthy for the game, since currently everyone complains about PvP being unfair. And survival challenges seems like an idea that suits the game very well.

In the short term they could do the events.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:55:03 PM by Oxnardo »