Author Topic: Fistful of Sand Protector's Health  (Read 2720 times)

Deathprize

• View Profile
Fistful of Sand Protector's Health
on: May 20, 2018, 12:17:01 AM
Hi,
First time posting here. I just wanted to know people's thoughts on whether they feel that protector does way too easily when there is an antagonist present. Every lose to an antagonist on this map lately is due to the antagonist killing the protector. With someone using an upgraded javelin with Ginebra, he dies before you can do much about it, roughly six shots at a distance. Besides killing them as soon as they spawn throughout the whole match which is highly unlikely as it is Ginebra what can you do?

Level9Drow

• View Profile
Re: Fistful of Sand Protector's Health
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 08:58:14 AM
Yes!

Deathprize

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 12:03:07 PM
Ok so it isn't just me then. It is just really annoying getting the same antagonist 2 to 4 times in a row and then that scenario playing out.

It general the whole antagonist system seems to have gone a bit strange since  patch 7.2, when the passive stats gain on leveling up was reduced I believe. It may have been at the point of the Hades update but I didn't play against enough antagonists to notice if it was.

Side note this is between 58-72% MMR range, so that may factor into it on some level.

Power Penguin

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2018, 05:09:19 PM
His shields and health don't scale (even if it does it's barely notable) which means that as difficulty increases he gets melted pretty easily and this is especially true if a high level antagonist pops up with a supped up gun.

Scolan

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 01:41:35 AM
His shield definitely needs a buff

I feel like it should be difficult to get his shield down. But once his shield goes out I think you should be able to take him out fairly quickly.

But as it is currently it's easier to take his shield out then his health. I think it needs to be the other way around

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LordDraco3

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 11:19:09 AM
Yes! The protector is made out of paper. I nearly had a loss once with Drow AFK antagging, so we had weaker spawns. One mistake caused the 2 of us staying near him to die and the group of grunts that jumped on him nearly wiped him out before our other 2 players could get there from the midpoint, he had a sliver of health left from just maybe 2-4 seconds worth of grunt attacks, probably 4-5 (weakened) grunts no elites. When Hades first launched he seemed to just die every time, it took a few updates before we were able to reliably finish the damn mission.

Agreed that his shield should be more durable, but the issue there is then it would be next to impossible for him to die, since he gets picked right back up into shield mode regardless of getting 1 aleph or 5. He needs to scale health and shield based on MMR, or something. He seemed to get a shadow nerf when Hades started, it's not just players that kill him fast, AI will tear him apart FAST.