Author Topic: Reward and Progression Ideas.  (Read 6180 times)

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reward and Progression Ideas.
on: December 20, 2017, 02:14:53 PM
This is My Idea.

Removing the frustration with rewards making available always 4 options.
Allowing at least 2 ways to acquire stuff.

1º With ramdom mission rewards.
2º Buying straight with game currencies.  (Gold, Stigmas, Faction, Character, MercuryPoints).

(Rare Cards are included in the Ramdom Reward Slot minor probability of appearance)

This increase the probability that at least 1 player don't have the "ramdom" reward and take it. And in case that 2 or more players want the same reward they can use other option  instead, taking currency to buy it.

The competition for rewards is not removed, because rare cards can appear, and blueprints too. If you want a rare card, you can buy it for a higher price.

The blueprints will keep not appearing, but you have always something to take.
Everyone Happy!

With the amount of Cards the "demand" of Faction / Character points is huge! but gives the player the feeling of instant progress.

Almost each mission you do, you have a ramdom reward, but you don't need to compete to take it, because you can buy it instead.

There are hundres of cards in the game, so the combinations are huge, each mision gives a feeling of progress.

Remove the shuffle card deck option -- change it for a card deck collection.

Why include Stigmas.
1º Some players don't like to play as antagonist.
2º Compensate the loses of bad matches as antagonist.
3º Allow to buy Stuff with a requirement of a number of stigmas instead of Antagonist Rank.
4º allow to change stigmas for other currencies, gold, character, faction, points.
5º No need to wait a whole week for building a weapon.

to build a weapon you need 10 stigmas + gold for example, if you don't like to play antagonist, just take, stigmas from ramdom rewards.

The stigmas reward should be an equivalent of an Antagonist match. This can be represented with a ramdom number between (1-10) numbers 1,2,3 and 8,9,10 should have less probability of appearance, representing extremely bad antagonist matches and extremely good antagonist matches. numbers 4,5,6,7 should have a higher probability of presence representing the avarage antagonist match reward.

This is going to need.
1º More voice acting from Cortez.
2º Removing all the normal cards from players inventories. Or just add the new system with the new Cards that are going to be included.
3º Rare Cards adquired already by players should remain in their inventories.

Cortez only have this 2 sentences "Lucky lucky a weapon bluprint" or "No luck this time", should be added "Sentence for Cards, Stigmas... and every reward available".

How to balance this:
Random rewards probability of appearance:
1º A random number of stigmas.
2º Normal Faction / character cards.
3º Rare Faction / Character cards.
4º Weapon Blueprints (the same appearance ratio as now)
5º Lotery ramdom rewards. every 10.000 matches a loadout, skin appears ( Crazy idea)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 02:25:37 PM by Adrian_123 »

Shiro

• View Profile
Re: Reward and Progression Ideas.
Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 03:09:41 PM
I second this  ;D

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 03:20:42 PM
The general idea sounds very good, but reading that blueprint drop rates  would stay the same is very unappealing. they're most sot after and the most game changing. Having them still locked behind a really annoying drop rate makes all the other randoms drops out to be filler to hide the issue.

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 03:47:25 PM
The general idea sounds very good, but reading that blueprint drop rates  would stay the same is very unappealing. they're most sot after and the most game changing. Having them still locked behind a really annoying drop rate makes all the other randoms drops out to be filler to hide the issue.

And it is.

gearedbeast

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 04:46:01 PM

And it is.
Well glad I at least got an understanding. If this is easier and quicker for the moment I won't mind this as a temporary solution, but if's deeply rooted in the system and take a long time I rather that time be spent increasing drop rate rather than adding filler.

MSE_TENKA

• CMC
  • MercurySteam
    • View Profile
    • Mercury Steam
Reply #5 on: January 02, 2018, 04:26:53 PM
Again, thanks Adrian for your ideas, I will send this topic to the design team!

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 07:20:26 AM
This seems fairly well thought out. Kudos!

Adrian_123

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 12:08:28 PM
Another thing that I forgot to mention is that,

Allowing players to change Stigmas for other currencies you can have players that make their progress playing full time Antagonist.

You get stigmas, and then you change your stigmas for Gold, Faction, Character Points.

I think a good change ratio could be 1 stigma = 500 (Gold, Faction, Character Points.)
5 stigmas = 2500 gold. more or less the same reward as a raider's mission.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also this is going to need two counters for stigmas,

1º Counter for stigmas as a currency, ones that have been obtained by rewards and antagonist matches.

2º Counter for Stigmas obtained by playing antagonist, those that appear at the antagonist league.

Or just 1 counter with all stigmas, as everyone can get stigmas with all posibilities maybe there is no problem at all with this.

For the Raiders, could work, as you take stigmas from the ramdom reward slot, and then change it for the currency that you need.

Other thing. Mercury Points. you can buy Mercury Points with real money, and change them for in game gold. But you can't make it the other way around, buying Mercury Points with in game gold.

I suppose this is going to be introduced with the 3rd episode. And I think this would be good, to enable people to unlock the different "loadouts" with no real money spending.

Another thing, I would like to create a Character, weapon, skin, cards configuration on the fly, not only be abled to choose from different predefined configurations stored in the different loadouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euzdVpj60E8
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:07:40 PM by Adrian_123 »

Quanrian

• Eat the game before it devours your life!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 09:33:51 PM
I really like the idea of Stigmas as a currency for exchange. However, I would take it further and say all currencies should be exchangeable later should you find you lack enough of one while having an excess of another. In this way, you can funnel your existing time into Gold, Faction or Character using your existing pool of resources that you 'already' poured your time into.