Author Topic: Quality of life chances  (Read 3028 times)

Psyqhical

• View Profile
Quality of life chances
on: October 21, 2018, 04:55:03 AM
Hey, I'm Psyqhical and I'm fairly new to this game but not to the gaming-scene. I have seen many games fall and rise through my gaming carreer. I wish to post my list of suggestions in the hopes that MercurySteam might read them and implement them for a better quality of life experience.

The most important quality of life change right now, would be adding a text chat system and a voice chat system so that we can communicate with one another in some way. Text chat should also be able to distinguish certain players from others; White color text for normal players, blue for teammates, orange for guild/clan members, green for mentor players, red for antagonists, pink/purple for whispers, ... Ect...

Another quality of life change would be to not level-lock content. Instead, unlock missions and storylines as you progress through the game and unlock characters as you recruit them through the story. Unlocking content this way would be a lot more fun and satisfying. People tend to play fun games longer.

Be reasonable with your gold prizes. Needing 280 000 gold to unlock Doldren while only earning 10% of the amount I just wrote down after grinding for several days, 4h/day, is a bit... Too much. This means it would take me more than a month to unlock him and he's not even the last character I need to unlock... It feels like this was done delibirately so people would buy real-money in-game currency to convert into gold to unlock a new character.

Speaking of which, change the real-money in-game shop to hold cosmetic stuff only. This might seem like a weird and counter-productive way of making money, but the ability to costumize your favorite character is very important for a lot of people. Me, for example; I love playing as Mikah, I would buy skins for her in a heartbeat! No problem at all! I would buy her a nice skin, a nice hat, buy her a nice color scheme for her weapon. And why? Because I feel invested in her as a character. She is the type of character I love to play the most.

What I'm trying to say is that if you make a game that is fun, than people will keep playing it for years to come and the game will, eventually, pay for itself. Lots of people are willing to pay for a good game, especially if they can get a funny hat for their favorite character in the process.

Locking content behind a level or absurd in-game currency costs will only ensure that you will scare off a lot of new players.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Re: Quality of life chances
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 03:00:36 PM
There will be a form of chat system when guilds arrive.

The new "Identity" system also will likely have many cosmetics to purchase and use.

Last time I checked Doldren was 180k(maybe it went up?) and you can get about 4-5k gold per match with a max bounty hunter weapon. At roughly 10 minutes a match, which is a good time to shoot for if you want 9+, in one hour you would have have roughly 15% of him unlocked. If it did increase to 280k then it would be about 11%. Either way at 4 hours a day getting on average a score of 9 you should have him totally unlocked in just a few days. If it takes you months then...you are definitely doing it wrong.

Also, 10% of 280k is 28k. It took you several days to make 28k? Playing 4 hours a day? Come on, now.

Wuzaor

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 05:38:19 PM
There will be a form of chat system when guilds arrive.

The new "Identity" system also will likely have many cosmetics to purchase and use.

Last time I checked Doldren was 180k(maybe it went up?) and you can get about 4-5k gold per match with a max bounty hunter weapon. At roughly 10 minutes a match, which is a good time to shoot for if you want 9+, in one hour you would have have roughly 15% of him unlocked. If it did increase to 280k then it would be about 11%. Either way at 4 hours a day getting on average a score of 9 you should have him totally unlocked in just a few days. If it takes you months then...you are definitely doing it wrong.

Also, 10% of 280k is 28k. It took you several days to make 28k? Playing 4 hours a day? Come on, now.

In 3 hours I usually earn 20k. What an ideal world are you live in with ten-minute matches, constant victories and bonuses to the awards?

Wuzaor

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 05:40:07 PM
Not to mention the waiting time for game.

Psyqhical

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 06:59:37 PM
Sorry, mistyped. Ment to be 180K.

But, an average score of 9?

Are you playing in a group with skilled people or are you PUGing it like most people are? Cause I can understand getting an average of 9 if you're in a group with a skilled people who know what their doing and that you know are good at the game.

Try averaging a score of 9 when you have 3 teammates who are below lvl 5 doing the Kuzman mission. No offense to the newcomers.

It takes up to 10 minutes to find a match, get teamed with low level that have no clue what their doing and, if you're really lucky, you'll get a lvl 159 antag who just slaughters all the newbies on sight.

So, yeah. It roughly takes me a few days, 4h/day, just to get about 20K gold because 33% of the time playing, I'm sitting with my thumb up my *** waiting for a game. And when I get a game, 50% of them are failures cause of low leveled teammates who are up against high level antags.

And another thing, why limit people from being the antagonist until level 10, but then let them be the antagonist against players lower than lvl10? Makes no sense.

LoganMaze

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 05:20:01 PM
totally agree, those 2 things are the only reason i dont ask my group of friends to play it, cause i dont want their first experience to be ton of grinding and no chat with the randoms we find.
And as a normal player in no group it can get really boring in any game without chat, human interaction is the exact reason why people play online games.
And as you already said the character prices can be a big turn off, especially for me since i dont want to loose damage in my weapons in order to get more gold.

PohtHehd

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 11:24:35 PM
All of that.

I generally play with pick up groups, yes. I generally get a ~9 score.

It takes roughly 5 minutes for me to find a match at MMR ~30. If your MMR is higher then you are doing yourself a disservice regarding queue times and efficiency in gold grinding as the rewards for doing so are minimal compared to the difficulty you encounter.

If you wanted a challenge then that is all good but if you're wondering why it takes so long to match up and why you don't get a lot of gold a hour then that is reason.

As far as limiting antagonists consider this; an antagonist at level 1 will not have a good time. However, it is good time when a level 1 player, with their squad, successfully beats a high level antagonist.

Level 10, to me, is far too low. I believe antagonists should be at least level 50 before they can antagonize but it is your funeral if you want to antagonize at any level before 150.

I like that there is no restriction to which matches antagonists can enter. At a certain level they become the only entertainment. That and mentor matches.

...dont want to loose damage in my weapons in order to get more gold.
It is a pretty minuscule trade-off when your forge level is around 12-15. The gold amount increases substantially.

Frezbone

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 02:14:02 AM
...so i need to get  10 mins matches... get a good team (  i actually dont mind randoms is jus sometimes, they are sooo "NOPE JUS LEAVE PLZ" inducing at times even at high lvs)

...get a max treasure hunter...um at wat forge lv and the cost of that over simplifying saving up for a char is not worth the grind. 
              plus why must i hold my mmr lower but i still get mentor matches at 35% on gold bonus mission so chances imma boned there and the payoff is trash.

and here my prob with the grind loop in spacelords.... the wait time is long like sometime 12+ mins then someone quits cus its a mentor match on a mission with bonuses so start the wait over. then the gold gain is not fast enough that the endless grind is monotonous  with the same old char u had for weeks. so u say fine get a nice wep instead to spice it up...but the forge lv prices hampers power of the gun cus u want better stats so u dont build them early but later the price is so high u prefer jus save for a char BUT now bp cost near 80% of a char (rares)
     and the damn useless dupes. those are wack. let us sell them or/and allow us to pick which bp we want
i'm at lv 78 with only mika and hans and 3 blue bps for tresure hunter (waste) built   but cant afford a rare bp cus then i cant even get ginbra who is not the  most expensive.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:16:33 AM by Frezbone »